Petition to change A++ trophies

Rebourne07

I'm trying to get traction behind a petition to change the A++ trophies to 1st place trophies or something else. Please take the time to sign and share. Something like this getting visibility is our only hope. https://www.change.org/p/square-enix-change-a-trophies-to-1st-place-ff-dissidia-nt?recruiter=284024686&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_for_starters_page

What is an "A++" trophy, and how does it vary from a "1st place" trophy? Is the A++ trophy something that can be gamed and screwed up (like EA's trophies for holding title belts in Fight Night)? Is the trophy something that is literally impossible (like turning tiles blue 10 times in one game in Azkend 2), which will attract only hackers? Or is this just a really hard trophy that you want the difficulty reduced on?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

What is an "A++" trophy, and how does it vary from a "1st place" trophy? Is the A++ trophy something that can be gamed and screwed up (like EA's trophies for holding title belts in Fight Night)? Is the trophy something that is literally impossible (like turning tiles blue 10 times in one game in Azkend 2), which will attract only hackers? Or is this just a really hard trophy that you want the difficulty reduced on?

A++ means 1st place AND 1900 points which is borderline impossible with several characters. It can be done, but can take upwards of 100 matches to get 3 of them so it means the platinum would take hundreds upon hundreds of hours taking into account long wait times for online matches. Not to mention many of the beginner rank matches you can get 1st...but still not get enough points because the match didn't last long enough. It requires a trifecta of you getting pitted against 3 lame opponents, getting put with 2 lame teammates AND making the match last artificially long so you can rack up enough points by the end. 1st place would still reach Square Enixs goal of incentivising ranked play and character variety but be much more enjoyable for the players.

8 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

5 people actually have this Plat, so it's not impossible. Just a very hard fighting Platinum, that only a handful of people will get. There are quite a few just like it. I really doubt they'd change it, especially since editing trophy names and descriptions is impossible. 

Are they impossible to edit?  Life is Strange: Before the Storm initially had it to where you had to complete a deluxe edition bonus exclusive ep in order to platinum the game, and then eventually it was edited down the line to just completing all 3 regular episodes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

5 people actually have this Plat, so it's not impossible. Just a very hard fighting Platinum, that only a handful of people will get. There are quite a few just like it. I really doubt they'd change it, especially since editing trophy names and descriptions is impossible. 

since when is that impossible?

overwatch and no mans sky have trophies which descriptions and conditions were changed to fit the new game content.

but why bother.

it was my goal to get every final fantasy plat.

Dissidia destroyed everything, bc it's a shitty crap game I will never spend another minute with. luckily I could play the beta to try it before buying, what a dissappointing waste of time.

ppl who own the plat already put time and effort into that bs, so the trophies shouldn't change.

Edited by Ai-ds_low
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

A++ means 1st place AND 1900 points which is borderline impossible with several characters. It can be done, but can take upwards of 100 matches to get 3 of them so it means the platinum would take hundreds upon hundreds of hours taking into account long wait times for online matches. Not to mention many of the beginner rank matches you can get 1st...but still not get enough points because the match didn't last long enough. It requires a trifecta of you getting pitted against 3 lame opponents, getting put with 2 lame teammates AND making the match last artificially long so you can rack up enough points by the end. 1st place would still reach Square Enixs goal of incentivising ranked play and character variety but be much more enjoyable for the players.

Hmmm. One thing I will mention is that this feels like it could really be gamed when the online is dead in about 6-12 months (if that). I know you need 6 people and all, but it feels like boosting will be possible once players get bored of it.

19 minutes ago, KyonKuchiki said:

Are they impossible to edit?  Life is Strange: Before the Storm initially had it to where you had to complete a deluxe edition bonus exclusive ep in order to platinum the game, and then eventually it was edited down the line to just completing all 3 regular episodes.

18 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

since when is that impossible?

overwatch and no mans sky have trophies which descriptions and conditions were changed to fit the new game content.

Well, it's not something that's done very often. Makes me wonder why Beach Buggy Racing had a patch that changed the trophy requirements, but they left the trophies as is.. 

Is this now a thing? Everytime there is a hard or grindy trophy someone cant get we create petitions to solve that? If it is not impossible than , NO.

Dont get me wrong , im for petitions for impossible trophies. But like others said it doesnt look impossible so no need to change anything.

And dont see it as personal insult , i just think sometimes you have to accept that you cant get a trophy because you not good enough or dont want to invest time into it. Not every trophy is for everyone.

• Like 3

The more common these threads are, the more it annoys me. I wouldn't mind autolocking threads like this if the petition isn't meant to change a truly impossible trophy.

If you don't have to the skills or if you are not willing to put the time to get good it's your fault, moreover, you're not going to die if you can't 100% every game on your profile and if you're that desperate wait until no one plays this game anymore so you can boost easily.

• Like 1

The only thing I really have to complain about those trophies is that they're all online ones. But I'm sure you all have heard that before. :P 

See the source image

Back on topic... if it is just a grindy/difficulty issue, I'm afraid you're fighting a losing battle because (like everyone else has said) it ain't going to happen. ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

I'm trying to get traction behind a petition to change the A++ trophies to 1st place trophies or something else. Please take the time to sign and share. Something like this getting visibility is our only hope. https://www.change.org/p/square-enix-change-a-trophies-to-1st-place-ff-dissidia-nt?recruiter=284024686&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_for_starters_page

Did you get this game thinking it was some kind of a Final Fantasy game or something?

• Like 1

I fear whenever we get a game now with a remotely difficult or grindy trophy, that petitions are going to be a thing.  Does anyone have a case where a petition has actually influenced the difficulty/grind of a game?  As to me they seem a bit redundant.

The game has been out just over a week, so you just need to spend more time with it - learning the characters and getting good at the game.  Did you play the Beta at all? As that would have given you some indication what you were getting into before you even bought the game

• Like 1

What I want to know is whether or not having such a change would really have a positive impact on online play or if the change would just do nothing but make the plat a little easier for trophy hunters. After all, trophies or no trophies, the ranks will still be there for people to try to gun for if for nothing more than bragging rights and there seems to be no reason to hamper the experience of others via quitting or idling or anything to make the trophy easier. If anything, the trophy being there promotes a more competitive environment by giving people more reason to get used to the characters and take matches seriously.

With that said, no, there is no reason this should be changed. If you can't get the plat because you can't or won't dedicate the time to get good enough at the game to do well against opponents who would make the match last long enough to get you to 1900 points, you can always just wait for the online to inevitably die out, at which point you shouldn't have much issue boosting it.

• Like 1