Trophy thoughts?

ShadowStar83x

Surprisingly easy looking trophy list. I think that's a good thing with this game--I'll be able to just enjoy playing it instead of worrying about meeting missable trophy requirements (unless some of the gear/monsters are missable, which happens sometimes).

• Like 2

F- for originality in names. We could delete the descriptions and we'd get the same thing in the title names. I mean, the platinum is called "Earn all other trophies!"

I hope this is a tentative list because whoever came up with the trophy titles should be dragged into the street and fired ASAP. ? I mean, my Aurion, this is terrible! I could come up with better trophy titles!

As for difficulty, it's not too bad. Having mastered everything in the original game, I could platinum this easily in a week. Also, it seems that the weapons go up to Level 9... I remember when you had to farm enemies in the Tower to get that last weapon orb. I hope it's not that way here.

• Like 2

Pretty sure we're going to have missable trophies here... the weapons at level 9 one.

If it's the same as the SNES version in gameplay, you use orbs that you find to level up the weapons. For example, if you only find six orbs with the whip, you can only level up to level 6. From memory some were located in dungeons that you can't revisit. Therefore, I'm pretty sure it'll be missable.

I'd assume the same could be said for kill all monsters if you were to miss one in one of these dungeons but I'm not sure.

Don't know about the guide though... I don't have any recollection of that.

Looks pretty straightforward and maybe a bit grindy for the level 9 weapons.

But at all i am glad and hyped they bring this Game back to the Ps4, one of my favorites from the Snes Generation. :)

And as @Spaz said, all we need now is Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III (aka Final Fantasy 6) and I am completely satisfied. :D

Edited by S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

Well my brother used to trick me into helping him as a kid where my "job" was to level up all the magic and weapons for him. I was just excited to play with my older brother so I didn't mind grinding out levels and then be excited to tell him we were good to go :)

So yeah...I think I can handle this list :P I have only "platted" this game like 2 dozen times already.

I am just concerned on the price. Last time I checked the store it was still over 50$ and that price better not be that high because of the fucking voice acting (that no one asked for). Hopefully it drops to like 20$ because otherwise I will not be getting it for awhile.

• Like 4

Some of the rng on those weapons that drop out of enemies was absurd. Something like 1% so there’s that too if you need to level up every weapon to 9. Also missable enenmy trophy and same with the gear. Some of the gear is only obtainable through rng drops from enemies. 

I remeber id spend hours on respawning enemies to make them drop unique weapons that only dropped from specific one time enemies,

the plat seems really fun just very missable.

• Like 2

If the remaster follows the SNES version, there were drops in Pure Land that you HAD to get when you went there, otherwise you were locked out of them.  If you're able to access all the locations in the game at the very end, then this trophy list is pretty lax in a good way.

3 hours ago, Gizmo_Monkey said:

Some of the rng on those weapons that drop out of enemies was absurd. Something like 1% so there’s that too if you need to level up every weapon to 9. Also missable enenmy trophy and same with the gear. Some of the gear is only obtainable through rng drops from enemies. 

I remeber id spend hours on respawning enemies to make them drop unique weapons that only dropped from specific one time enemies,

the plat seems really fun just very missable.

The way you described it doesn't make this Plat sound very fun at all. RNG trophies and missables can piss off.