ShadowStar83x

Trophy thoughts?

70 posts in this topic

Look nice !

 

but my question is :

1. couch co-op going to net both player trophies or not

2. if your partner kill the monster, you still get credit for kill all monster or not (and any other sensitive trophy relate) 

Edited by FielVeredus
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember the orbs being missable, it's just that the 9th level ones were random drops in the last area.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

I don't remember the orbs being missable, it's just that the 9th level ones were random drops in the last area.

 

Correct orbs are not missable. If you miss an orb the enemies in the last level will randomly drop an extra orb to get you to the max level for each weapon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I "platted" the game on the Wii VC a few years ago. If you're going to farm orbs in the last area then you better hope they changed the drop rates. I spent more time farming for one orb than I spent playing the entire rest of the game, including all of the time spent grinding for the rare armor drops. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So does this mean that they added the final sword orb, or was it a glitch after all that you couldn't get the Mana sword legitimately  on the SNES?

Either way a nice list. Pretty much makes you do everything there is to do in the game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be hilarious if you had to glitch the sword for the lv9 trophy in true old school spirit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spaz said:

Now we just need Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III (aka Final Fantasy 6) and I’m all good on JRPGS.

 

I'd love to get FF4 with trophy support, too.  That and the ones you've mentioned are my top three wished-for JRPGs on PS4/Vita.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Spaz said:

Now we just need Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III (aka Final Fantasy 6) and I’m all good on JRPGS.

If we got those <3 I'd be soooooo happy

 

Also maybe we can get Secret of Evermore ;)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played the original and I know that magic at level 8 takes some good amount of grinding. Weapon 9 is pretty easy if you do it during the final level. However, Magic is 10 - 20 hours if I remember correctly, I could be wrong since I was a lot younger.

 

the rest are really easy, just depends if they made anything missable but i doubt it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well my brother used to trick me into helping him as a kid where my "job" was to level up all the magic and weapons for him. I was just excited to play with my older brother so I didn't mind grinding out levels and then be excited to tell him we were good to go :)

 

So yeah...I think I can handle this list :P I have only "platted" this game like 2 dozen times already.

 

I am just concerned on the price. Last time I checked the store it was still over 50$ and that price better not be that high because of the fucking voice acting (that no one asked for). Hopefully it drops to like 20$ because otherwise I will not be getting it for awhile.

Idk, the voice acting doesn't bother me, neither does the art. Like you I played this on SNES (cause of my older brother too lol) and honestly I'm just happy to see it alive and not forgotten. I hope it does well because it opens the door for more remasters like the ones listed above

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Spaz said:

Now we just need Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III (aka Final Fantasy 6) and I’m all good on JRPGS.

 

I’m with you - but no Illusion of Gaia? Damn, that’s cold!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

 

I’m with you - but no Illusion of Gaia? Damn, that’s cold!

Or maybe the US can FINALLY get an official release of Terranigma.  Put the whole trilogy with Soul Blazer in a package.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9th sword level is going to be a thing? 

 

Defeat all monsters can be annoying I'd imagine if there's no built in monster guide to identify which ones your missing. Rest is easy. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, berserklover said:

I played the original and I know that magic at level 8 takes some good amount of grinding. Weapon 9 is pretty easy if you do it during the final level. However, Magic is 10 - 20 hours if I remember correctly, I could be wrong since I was a lot younger.

 

the rest are really easy, just depends if they made anything missable but i doubt it. 

Just travel to one of the palaces and speak to the Manaspirit or whatever they were called. They refill your health and magic for free and with the girl you can cast all spells right there. Shouldn't take that long if you do it every time after unlocking a new seed.

For the sprite you had to find enemies, but you could just spam the spells and start cating one after the other on the same enemy if you were quick enough. Unlike weapons it wasn't necessary to get kills to improve magic.

Getting magic to Level 8.99 would make it even stronger, not sure why thy didn't go to 9.

 

Weapons are much worse. Each character has to use each weapon and kill a specific amount of enemies. If I remember correctly it was 11 to get from level 0 to 1, then a few more with each level until you needed 100 enemies to get a weapon from level 8 to 9. But every character has to level their own weapons, so something like 600 kills per character with each weapon, making it around 15.000 kills total. Which isn't too bad, but I never liked the bow, boomerang and javelin

Or maybe I did it wrong, but I don't remember tougher enemies leveling weapons faster in the PAL version.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, soniq said:

Weapons are much worse. Each character has to use each weapon and kill a specific amount of enemies. If I remember correctly it was 11 to get from level 0 to 1, then a few more with each level until you needed 100 enemies to get a weapon from level 8 to 9. But every character has to level their own weapons, so something like 600 kills per character with each weapon, making it around 15.000 kills total. Which isn't too bad, but I never liked the bow, boomerang and javelin

Playing this game sends me many years back but unless I'm mistaken the orbs to get level-9 weapons were random drops in the Mana Fortress and the drop rate was far from being huge. I remember having many weapons stuck at 8.99, that I could not raise to level 9 as I never got the orb...

 

Yet I can't wait playing this again, so many great memories from my teenages! 😀

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Spaz said:

Now we just need Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy III (aka Final Fantasy 6) and I’m all good on JRPGS.

 

No...!!!

 

Must!

Have!

Final!

Fantasy!

8!!!!!!!!

 

Seriously, I won't be content with such JRPGs on PS4/trophies until one of my faves, with an epic story that really hit me hard back when it came out and I was 15. Also made me come to love Faye Wong as a singer... How I first found out about the Cranberries and Dreams was her cover of the song. Faye Wong was/is really an incredible singer, even for an American fully focused on Western music and singers/songs. She has/had some real, genuine talent, and FF8 exposed it - in addition to an epic heart wrenching story and some pretty awesome gameplay, where I even came to love the card side game the title features.

 

Platinum trophy set for FF8, please!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

 

I’m with you - but no Illusion of Gaia? Damn, that’s cold!

Was thinking the same thing.

Hopefully Secret of Mana does very well and inspires quality remakes of some of the classic SNES era RPGs

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Idk, the voice acting doesn't bother me, neither does the art. Like you I played this on SNES (cause of my older brother too lol) and honestly I'm just happy to see it alive and not forgotten. I hope it does well because it opens the door for more remasters like the ones listed above

But the thing is the voice acting and art are not needed. The game looked great with 2D sprites and no one was asking for what the Hero sounded like (and from the trailer he sounds like a bored elementary kid) so they are unnecessary changes that really only serve to annoy most fans and add to the production cost (which adds to the retail cost...which annoys fans).

 

Even if you are fine with the VA and art you would probably also have been fine if they didn't include it at all.

 

That being said I am looking forward to the remake just not for 50 bucks. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

But the thing is the voice acting and art are not needed. The game looked great with 2D sprites and no one was asking for what the Hero sounded like (and from the trailer he sounds like a bored elementary kid) so they are unnecessary changes that really only serve to annoy most fans and add to the production cost (which adds to the retail cost...which annoys fans).

 

Even if you are fine with the VA and art you would probably also have been fine if they didn't include it at all.

 

That being said I am looking forward to the remake just not for 50 bucks. 

Oh trust me, I would have been 100% ok if they just put up the SNES version with trophies lol. However I know what they were trying to do, nowadays everyone wants good art, VA, etc. caring about the story over graphics is sadly a dying thing. I can actually show you Youtube comments where people are pissed cause the game doesn't have "facial animation"

here I am thinking "wtf did you expect from a jrpg released originally in the 90's?". not every game needs facial animation, VA and updated graphics. It was a hit the way it was. It didnt need it then, doesnt need it now :P so yeah, you and me are in agreement lol

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Oh trust me, I would have been 100% ok if they just put up the SNES version with trophies lol. However I know what they were trying to do, nowadays everyone wants good art, VA, etc. caring about the story over graphics is sadly a dying thing. I can actually show you Youtube comments where people are pissed cause the game doesn't have "facial animation"

here I am thinking "wtf did you expect from a jrpg released originally in the 90's?". not every game needs facial animation, VA and updated graphics. It was a hit the way it was. It didnt need it then, doesnt need it now :P so yeah, you and me are in agreement lol

People are idiots :(

All I wanted this game to have is 3 things. 

 

1, Trophies

2. Online Play

3. No lag when more than 3 enemies are on screen.

 

Oh well, it will still be fun to jump back into one of my favourite games of all time. Hopefully it sells enough to get things like Chrono Trigger, Seiken Densetsu 3, Secret of Evermore, Final Fantasy 4,5,6 to come out as well :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

People are idiots :(

All I wanted this game to have is 3 things. 

 

1, Trophies

2. Online Play

3. No lag when more than 3 enemies are on screen.

 

Oh well, it will still be fun to jump back into one of my favourite games of all time. Hopefully it sells enough to get things like Chrono Trigger, Seiken Densetsu 3, Secret of Evermore, Final Fantasy 4,5,6 to come out as well :)

I don't see why we cant get chrono trigger or Final Fantasy 2 and 3 (the american one, idk what they are in japan) cause we got them on PS1, even if we got remasters of the PS1 games, id be fine with that as long as we got trophies lol

I'd be playing so much Chrono Trigger, like I think I would forget that I own other games for a while lol

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

I don't see why we cant get chrono trigger or Final Fantasy 2 and 3 (the american one, idk what they are in japan) cause we got them on PS1, even if we got remasters of the PS1 games, id be fine with that as long as we got trophies lol

I'd be playing so much Chrono Trigger, like I think I would forget that I own other games for a while lol

FF 2 and 3 are 4 and 6 in japan :) 5 never came here (at least not until the GBA version).

 

I owned FF1-6 on the Gameboy advance so they have their versions released already...just put them out with trophies already :D
 

And CT would be so great to play again. I bought it again for the DS but it would also be great to get the platinum for.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

FF V never came here (at least not until the GBA version).

 

Incorrect, It was on PS1 in the Final Fantasy Anthology collection. Anthologies came with V and VI

Final Fantasy Chronicles came with IV and Chrono Trigger, why CT? idk, it just did lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Incorrect, It was on PS1 in the Final Fantasy Anthology collection. Anthologies came with V and VI

Final Fantasy Chronicles came with IV and Chrono Trigger, why CT? idk, it just did lol

Oh that's right :)

 

I played a little bit of those but the load times killed it for me :(

 

I have to say (despite my complaining about updated graphics earlier) the first time I saw this I was like 🤑 FF6 is in my top 5 favourite games of all time so this made me so happy

 

 

Also how nostalgic is that Playstation opening. 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh that's right :)

 

I played a little bit of those but the load times killed it for me :(

 

I have to say (despite my complaining about updated graphics earlier) the first time I saw this I was like 1f911.png FF6 is in my top 5 favourite games of all time so this made me so happy

 

 

Also how nostalgic is that Playstation opening. 

 

 

1

My first experience to all the games we have been talking about is on SNES, my brother had them all and they were kinda all I had lol

That being said, if you liked that intro, imagine it redone with the power of the PS4 lol. that alone would be worth the full purchase

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.