Trophy thoughts?

ShadowStar83x

3 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

My first experience to all the games we have been talking about is on SNES, my brother had them all and they were kinda all I had lol

That being said, if you liked that intro, imagine it redone with the power of the PS4 lol. that alone would be worth the full purchase

See if they went all out with the graphics then I wouldn't mind paying the higher price. But that stupid DS "3d" graphics they started doing just look terrible and I would rather have the 2d sprites.

But knowing Square they would want to "fix" FF6 (or other snes games) and start adding a bunch of shit that no one asked for :(

8 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

See if they went all out with the graphics then I wouldn't mind paying the higher price. But that stupid DS "3d" graphics they started doing just look terrible and I would rather have the 2d sprites.

But knowing Square they would want to "fix" FF6 (or other snes games) and start adding a bunch of shit that no one asked for :(

and you can honestly blame modern gaming for that. As I said before, no one cares about story or that anymore. If it doesn't run 1080p and have real-time facial animations and run on the best engine. then they get pissed and the game fails. 

Just now, Stargazer2600 said:

and you can honestly blame modern gaming for that. As I said before, no one cares about story or that anymore. If it doesn't run 1080p and have real-time facial animations and run on the best engine. then they get pissed and the game fails. 

:(

That being said Persona 5 has a good story :) So at least one game made me enjoy storytelling again 

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

:(

That being said Persona 5 has a good story :) So at least one game made me enjoy storytelling again 

for the best story telling I go back to PS1 and SNES. In fact I been secretly building my own PS1 collection again and its full of games that I grew up and loved and it makes me so happy lol

4 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

for the best story telling I go back to PS1 and SNES. In fact I been secretly building my own PS1 collection again and its full of games that I grew up and loved and it makes me so happy lol

There you go :) Yeah there are so many great games. I mean while the PS1 has an amazing library nothing will beat the SNES for just the best variety of amazing games.

FF4, FF5, FF6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Star Fox, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong Country 3, Super Punch Out, Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, Super Mario World RPG, Super Street Fighter 2, Yoshi's Island, Breath of Fire, Breath of Fire 2 etc etc etc :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

There you go :) Yeah there are so many great games. I mean while the PS1 has an amazing library nothing will beat the SNES for just the best variety of amazing games.

FF4, FF5, FF6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Star Fox, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong Country 3, Super Punch Out, Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, Super Mario World RPG, Super Street Fighter 2, Yoshi's Island, Breath of Fire, Breath of Fire 2 etc etc etc :D

Lagoon, maximum carnage, power rangers, 7th saga, doom, killer instinct, ren and stimpy: fire dogs etc

I could go on and on lol

When I was a kid and my mom would go to the video store to rent movies, I was renting games lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Lagoon, maximum carnage, power rangers, 7th saga, doom, killer instinct, ren and stimpy: fire dogs etc

I could go on and on lol

When I was a kid and my mom would go to the video store to rent movies, I was renting games lol

Man, Maximum Carnage

I have good memories playing that with my brother. The most epic was when my cousin spent the night and I was allowed to stay up with them. They were determined to beat the game (as it was hard as balls) and they got to Carnage and died. It was like 3 in the morning and I don't think we ever played that game again :(

56 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Man, Maximum Carnage

I have good memories playing that with my brother. The most epic was when my cousin spent the night and I was allowed to stay up with them. They were determined to beat the game (as it was hard as balls) and they got to Carnage and died. It was like 3 in the morning and I don't think we ever played that game again :(

furthest I ever got was the fantastic 4 tower.

Hardest game I ever played for SNES was Spider-Man and X-men in Arcades Revenge.
Never could beat that game

7 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

furthest I ever got was the fantastic 4 tower.

Hardest game I ever played for SNES was Spider-Man and X-men in Arcades Revenge.
Never could beat that game

MC was insane in its difficulty :(

I owned Arcades Revenge also. That game was also crazy. I do love how in that game Apocalypse is just the mid-boss that you beat by jumping over him but Juggernaut is the main boss of Wolverine's level :P

Never came close to beating it either

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

MC was insane in its difficulty :(

I owned Arcades Revenge also. That game was also crazy. I do love how in that game Apocalypse is just the mid-boss that you beat by jumping over him but Juggernaut is the main boss of Wolverine's level :P

Never came close to beating it either

should we perhaps take this to PM so we dont make this a 50 page thread? cause I could talk about SNES for a while lol

10 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

should we perhaps take this to PM so we dont make this a 50 page thread? cause I could talk about SNES for a while lol

I think this should just become a thread about how amazing the SNES is.  And I didn't see a mention of Earthbound anywhere.  That is classic as well

On topic:

I think these trophies will be pretty good and not to bad, except for the aforementioned level 9 weapons.  The grind was rough, but maybe they tweaked it a bit.  If not, I'll still go for the platinum.  and I hope there is cross save

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Lol, I could as well :D It really was Nintendo's greatest system 

6 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

I think this should just become a thread about how amazing the SNES is.  And I didn't see a mention of Earthbound anywhere.  That is classic as well

On topic:

I think these trophies will be pretty good and not to bad, except for the aforementioned level 9 weapons.  The grind was rough, but maybe they tweaked it a bit.  If not, I'll still go for the platinum.  and I hope there is cross save

:o How could I have forgotten Earthbound. I mean I rocked a Mr. Saturn avy/sig for like 4 years

206ztyp_th.png

25fj8sw.jpg

On 9.2.2018 at 4:04 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

They ported the SNES games to mobile and Steam. Those are probably the versions they'd re-release on consoles aswell, similar to how FF VII and IX are also ports of the Steam version. Interesting that they decided to skip VIII, but they probably realized that IX is the best FF anyway and there's no need for any other game in the series to come to PS4. :P

After III and IV came out on DS, I was hoping for similar remakes of V and VI, but sadly those never happened.

• Like 1