Missable thread

aZombieDictator

I myself don't know of any missables or if they changed the game so nothing can be missed. But I'm gonna go ahead and start a thread ahead of time so we can compile a list of everything that can be missed. Be it stuff required for trophies or even stuff not required for them. I do know there's two dungeons that become closed off during points in the story so the complete guide and all monsters could be missable if you don't get them in those dungeons. Just hopefully they fixed some stuff so you can go back.

• Like 1

It's been a while last time I played, but I believe the all gear trophies may be missable. The final items for each group are most likely in the second to last area, which is one time only. If you don't know about it beforehand, you could probably go through the whole area and not get the drops.

54 minutes ago, kraven_15 said:

Weren't some of the orbs for levelling weapons missable? I remember there being some hidden in chests occasionally?

I could be mistaken, but I believe you could get any missed orbs randomly in the Mana Fortress towards the end of the game. Low drop-rate though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I myself don't know of any missables or if they changed the game so nothing can be missed. But I'm gonna go ahead and start a thread ahead of time so we can compile a list of everything that can be missed. Be it stuff required for trophies or even stuff not required for them. I do know there's two dungeons that become closed off during points in the story so the complete guide and all monsters could be missable if you don't get them in those dungeons. Just hopefully they fixed some stuff so you can go back.

Which Dungeons become closed off? Knowing that help to avoid any drop/orb missable.

8 hours ago, UItimate_Battler said:

So, we have to fear only this dungeon?

As far as I remember. Maybe two our three armor drops (The Griffin Helmet is one). Assuming that the remake plays out the same as the original. 

Also, I just used my google-fu and found this reddit post. Shout out to jackthetrack. He listed the rare treasure drops. But, again assuming that the remake plays out the same as the original.

Warning final dungeon name spoiler.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

So once you beat the game, are you able to load that save file again and continue playing? I know this game doesn't have NG+ but I guess I'm asking if, let's say, you forgot to buy a piece of armor somewhere and you beat the game. Can you reload that file and go around buying equipment and maybe raise weapon/magic levels to get the trophies? Or is it once you beat the game that's it, have to start over if you don't have an earlier save handy? 

On 10-2-2018 at 11:26 AM, DexTepa said:

Imp's Ring (Ghost):  Pure Land, near the first shrine. Use Lucent Beam. If you don't get one by the time you run out of MP and walnuts, reset the game instead of flying out to heal.

i did find all items in the pure land. and been grinding Ghost for over 3 hours now and they only drop royal jam. Either i am grinding the wrong mobs or its a reaaaaally low drop rate

What you want to pay attention to when you want the Platinum in one run

I try to keep this as spoiler-free as possible.

For the platinum, amongst other things, you need to "complete the guide" which means talking to every important NPC and killing every enemy at least once. Also, you need to find all the equipment.

Enemies:

When you beat a dungeon - as in killing its boss - the enemies in the dungeon despawn. You can still roam the dungeon whenever you want but it is empty. This means in theory, that every enemy can be missable if you speedrun/rush through the dungeons and don't kill at least one of them.

But assuming you play the game "the normal way" and kill monsters you encounter, you will kill each type of enemy at least once in a dungeon. The dungeons in this game normally only feature three or four different types of enemies and they aren't very big by today's standards, so it is not much work to make sure that you killed every enemy at least once.

Basic rule: kill at least one of all the different enemies you encounter in a dungeon.

That being said, there is one particular enemy you need to know about!

You will at some point enter a dungeon called "Underground Palace". In this dungeon, there is an enemy called "Goblin". Now, this enemy can spawn another enemy called "Ma Goblin".

So the fact that Ma Goblin only appears when spawned by another enemy makes it highly missable since you can easily kill Goblins quickly without them ever spawning it. But now you know about it and when you arrive in the Underground Palace you can simply wait until a Goblin spawned Ma Goblin, kill both and then go on with the game. As long as you follow the basic rule of killing at least one of every enemy type you encounter, there is no other enemy you need to be worried about, you should get them all.

(Goblins are pink, Ma Goblin is blue)

Equipment:

Now with Equipment, it is a bit more complicated.

Most gear can be bought at shops and the shops remain accessible throughout the game. Some gear is dropped by enemies, so farming is necessary but they aren't missable.

However, there are three items that are missable: The Dragon Coil, The Imp's Ring and The Griffin Helm.

These three items are missable because they are dropped by enemies in an area called "Pure Land". The thing about "Pure Land" is that it is the only area in the game you cannot return to when you finished the area.

So, you need to make sure to get these three drops before continuing on. There are other items that drop there as well but these are also possible drops in a later area of the game (albeit one might argue that it's easier to farm them in the Pure Land as well)

Summary:

- Kill every enemy type you encounter at least once

- When you arrive in "Underground Palace", make sure that a pink goblin spawns a blue one and kill both

- When you arrive in "Pure Land" farm for the rare drops Dragon Coil, Imp's Ring and Griffin Helm

- All the rest you can collect at your leisure before you go to the end fight

Cheers!

Edited by Sicho
  • Like 4

Is it really possible to get the Watcher Ring from the Eggplant Man in the sub of the Underground City? I recieved the Ninja Gloves and the Cockatrice Helm quiet fast but spending hours already for the Watcher Ring. Can anyone confirm that its possible to get it in the Remake as well, not just on the SNES version?

Forget what I said, I received the Watcher Ring now only a few minutes after I asked about :D crazy coincedence

On 2/22/2018 at 7:54 AM, AlexOmegaPhoenix said:

Is it really possible to get the Watcher Ring from the Eggplant Man in the sub of the Underground City? I recieved the Ninja Gloves and the Cockatrice Helm quiet fast but spending hours already for the Watcher Ring. Can anyone confirm that its possible to get it in the Remake as well, not just on the SNES version?

Forget what I said, I received the Watcher Ring now only a few minutes after I asked about :D crazy coincedence

Yeah, I got it after a few boxes. Right now I'm agonizing over Doom Swords (not dropping anything) and National Scar's (4 faerie walnuts so far)

On 2/22/2018 at 5:54 AM, AlexOmegaPhoenix said:

Oh I feel  you on this one. I just spent 3 hours trying to get that silly Imp's Ring off the Ghost. May have been quicker if I found a room where more than one of them spawned.

I got all the gear, just missing some more orbs. But my last farming session was without success (but full of crashes) so I put in on hold for now and played another game. I may try again over the weekend.

Edited by Sicho

Not mine, but I'd recommend these videos as a supplement - I'm in Pure Lands, wanted to check what/where Eggplant and Ice Thug are/were. Well done, short and concise videos for getting these trophies done right.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...