Start HARD speed run in NG+?

linkdevivo

14 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

So i just beat normal playthrough. Will the speed run trophy be easier in new game plus on hard rather than new game? will i save some time or is there no reason to this? do i do my hard speed run in new game mode or new game plus mode?

I think timer is running up in NG+ , so it doesnt reset. But i cannot 100% comfirm this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xionx said:

I think timer is running up in NG+ , so it doesnt reset. But i cannot 100% comfirm this

I don't think so because there's timers for different difficulties. but hey, you may be right. I just started new game plus on hard and saved over my completed playthrough file on normal when the game asked me to. I now have all my stamina and life upgrades, so maybe the timer DOESN'T reset. Can anyone help confirm this? i don't want to do it and then have it not count for the trophy.

4 minutes ago, berserklover said:

I just got it in 1 hour 28 minutes, extremely easy since you will need to beat the game 4 Times at least for the full stamina. 

I recommend this.

1 - finish the game on normal

2 - time attack normal mode

3 -  new game + hard mode and hard mode trial, you can do the speedrun here if you want. 

4 - use all attack item and queen sword for hard mode speedrun if you didn’t get it on your first hard mode. 

5 - complete all the rest that you didn’t.

i did my speedrun with the queen sword and all damage attack. One shot all the boss emblem which makes it insanely fast. Not dying is extremely easy during that play through as well. 

Also, the timer reset each play through. It keeps tracks of your fastest run in stats.

Good to clear this up , i did hard playthrough first and still got it 2h quicker than trophy time. I imagen with all items it is walk in the park.

1 hour ago, berserklover said:

I just got it in 1 hour 28 minutes, extremely easy since you will need to beat the game 4 Times at least for the full stamina. 

I recommend this.

3 -  new game + hard mode and hard mode trial, you can do the speedrun here if you want. 

4 - use all attack item and queen sword for hard mode speedrun if you didn’t get it on your first hard mode. 

i did my speedrun with the queen sword and all damage attack. One shot all the boss emblem which makes it insanely fast. Not dying is extremely easy during that play through as well. 

Also, the timer reset each play through. It keeps tracks of your fastest run in stats.

As I'll get the game this Saterday this was exactly what I was looking for. Quick and easy steps :)

" i did my speedrun with the queen sword and all damage attack. One shot all the boss emblem which makes it insanely fast. Not dying is extremely easy during that play through as well. "  - This makes me a lot more confident to get the platinum knowing this, Thanks !

Just finished the platinum, overall it was extremely easy platinum and so much fun. It takes around 14 - 18 hours to complete, depending how good you are at killing the titans. 

You can actually have items unlock after finishing the game on normal. All you need to do is beat the game once on normal. Then time attack is unlocked for normal and new game + hard mode already has time attack hard mode unlocked. I’m not sure if it’s what they intended but currently finishing the game once, unlock all time attack on any difficulty with new game +. 

I hope we see another shadow of colossus in the future, the graphics and FPS were really great for this old time classic. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, berserklover said:

I recommend this.

Hey man so i'm doing as you're saying but when i do time attack normal mode after my main game, the items aren't unlocking. They're not unlocking on hard time attack either. I've wasted like 3 hours of my time and it's not counting my time attacks. what do i do?

Can someone clarify?

New to the game 

Normal, Normal Time Attack, Hard, Hard Time Attack will work? 

PP's guide said something about only being able to do hard mode time attacks first? 

"Once you have a Finished Game Savefile, load it and start again on hard to take care of all the Time Attacks on Hard. Once you are done with all 16, SAVE your game manually, go back to the main menu, start a new game + again and choose NORMAL this time. When asked which save to load, choose the save file you created after clearing Time Attack Hard. Now you will be able to finish Time Attack Normal and you will still have all the items you obtained on Hard Mode. This is the only way to obtain the items from both NORMAL and HARD Time Attack in one set, which is needed for a trophy" 

Just now, phantomfear9494 said:

Can someone clarify?

New to the game 

Normal, Normal Time Attack, Hard, Hard Time Attack will work? 

PP's guide said something about only being able to do hard mode time attacks first? 

"Once you have a Finished Game Savefile, load it and start again on hard to take care of all the Time Attacks on Hard. Once you are done with all 16, SAVE your game manually, go back to the main menu, start a new game + again and choose NORMAL this time. When asked which save to load, choose the save file you created after clearing Time Attack Hard. Now you will be able to finish Time Attack Normal and you will still have all the items you obtained on Hard Mode. This is the only way to obtain the items from both NORMAL and HARD Time Attack in one set, which is needed for a trophy" 

yeah i was reading this guide too, it isn't very clear to be honest. looks like he was trying to rush the guide to get it out before launch.

3 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

yeah i was reading this guide too, it isn't very clear to be honest. looks like he was trying to rush the guide to get it out before launch.

Literally just seen a reply from DK 

"You can only play time attacks in NG+, but you can’t start NG+ on hard after clearing the game on normal. So other way around doesn’t work. "

Edited by phantomfear9494

6 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

"You can only play time attacks in NG+, but you can’t start NG+ on hard after clearing the game on normal. So other way around doesn’t work. "

Wait what? this isn't true. I beat my normal playthrough and started NG+ on HARD and am doing time attacks.

Maybe this was only in the PS3 version?

Who's DK?

Edited by linkdevivo

13 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

Who's DK?

The person who did the guide for Powerpyx's site, the guy who got the plat first. 

PS3 version you couldn't do the difficulty switching like this version, being able to NG+ to a differrnt difficulty is new for the remake. They could have made an assumption based on starting on Hard first thinking that you could only go down in difficulty on NG+ and not up. 

• Like 1

Do not listen to the guide that came out on release day. They actually rushed them and didn’t pay attention to the fact that they changed the new game + function. 

‘’If you finish the game on normal, you will be able to do new game + hard mode. 

‘’Someone said they can’t do time attack after finishing the game. If that’s the case, do new game + and time attack will be unlock for hard. The items you get will make all the other run easier. You will be able to practice for time attack normal after on your new game ++

fyi, this is confirmed by more than just me. A few people on my friend list messaged me about it. They had a similar thing going with uncharted collection and the hardest difficulty glitch. 

Edited by berserklover
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, pumajlr2001 said:

I completed the history mode on Normal, then i started a New Game+ on Hard and i did 4 time trials. The problem is that none of the items are unlocking. @linkdevivo was having the same issue. Does anybody knows why? Do i have to do the time attacks on Normal first? (i still have the save file)

Are you going and picking the items up out of the pool when they spawn there

• Like 2

On 2/8/2018 at 7:46 AM, berserklover said:

Just finished the platinum, overall it was extremely easy platinum and so much fun. It takes around 14 - 18 hours to complete, depending how good you are at killing the titans. 

You can actually have items unlock after finishing the game on normal. All you need to do is beat the game once on normal. Then time attack is unlocked for normal and new game + hard mode already has time attack hard mode unlocked. I’m not sure if it’s what they intended but currently finishing the game once, unlock all time attack on any difficulty with new game +. 

I hope we see another shadow of colossus in the future, the graphics and FPS were really great for this old time classic. 

14-18 hours my ass. You're gonna spend way more than that doing a few of the colossi hard time attacks alone along with several playthroughs to max out your stamina and health. 

7 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

14-18 hours my ass. You're gonna spend way more than that doing a few of the colossi hard time attacks alone along with several playthroughs to max out your stamina and health. 

1.5 hours per run

speed running previous ps2/ps3 

It could be possible but hard to believe ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

It took me a little over 5 hours to do all the Hard Time Attacks as well as complete Hard Mode Under 5 hours, all in one playthrough.

Now just got to play through the game a few times on Normal with the Queens Sword to max out my stamina. I think 14 hours is very do-able.

The 40 hours quoted in the trophy guide is quite over exaggerated. I think I've got to play through the game one more time to max out my stats, and then climb the tower, then I've got my Plat. And I doubt that I have spend more than 20 hours on the game.

My playthrough was as follow :-

Start a new game on Hard mode, playthrough casually, exploring the world, collect lizards and fruits as I ride past them.

Start New Game+ on Hard, and do all Hard Time Attacks, and then finish the game within the speedrun limit.

Start New Game+ on Normal, instantly do all the Normal Time Attacks, got all the items trophy, then carry on playing the game on normal to max out stats.

I believe I am 3/4ths through my Normal playthrough and collecting lizards and fruit as I pass them. I think I'll playthrough my next New Game+ on Easy mode just to unlock some of those gallery items and hopefully my stats will be maxed out sometime during this playthrough.