Time Attack Items NOT Unlocking??

linkdevivo

So i beat my NORMAL playthrough, then loaded it for new game plus on HARD to do time attacks and i've already beaten 4 which means the Sword of the Sun should unlock (for beating 4 colossi in Hard Time Attack Mode). But it's not unlocking. and i spent like an hour on colossus 3, too. fucking sucks. What's happening?

Don't need to finish a hard playthrough first.

Here's what I did :

- finish the game on normal

- after the credits, I hit continue to start a new game with the same file. Did all time attacks on normal

- Then I went back to the main menu, chose new game +, hard difficulty, and load my previous save with all time attacks done on normal.

- The time attacks are immediately available at the start of the hard playthrough so I did all time attacks on hard.

- Now I'm done with time attacks I'm playing the game on hard

For the time attacks you have to pray (R2) in front of the statues in the shrine hallway

• Like 2

Just now, Devil-Danna said:

Don't need to finish a hard playthrough first.

Here's what I did :

- finish the game on normal

- after the credits, I hit continue to start a new game with the same file. Did all time attacks on normal

- Then I went back to the main menu, chose new game +, hard difficulty, and load my previous save with all time attacks done on normal.

- The time attacks are immediately available at the start of the hard playthrough so I did all time attacks on hard.

- Now I'm done with time attacks I'm playing the game on hard

For the time attacks you have to pray (R2) in front of the statues in the shrine hallway

I did the same just the other way around , i started with hard and switched to normal.

Dont forget to pick up the items from the pool , its glowing light in the pool.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

ok thank you to everyone. I wish it were clearer, though. I guess this is what happens when you pre-order games and there's no decent guide out yet.

Hm most of the stuff is same as ps3 version , only the NG+ into other difficulty is new. And powerpyx has guid online since day 1  (i think even earlier).

1 minute ago, Xionx said:

Hm most of the stuff is same as ps3 version , only the NG+ into other difficulty is new. And powerpyx has guid online since day 1  (i think even earlier).

yeah but it's very rushed IMO. I've been reading it since it came out, and that's why i'm in this predicament in the first place. It's not clear enough.

The game shows you that the items show up in the pool though. Every time you beat two it shows you a long ass camera zoom over to the pool with a light showing up. Figured that would be enough to get people to think "hey I should go over there and look". :P

• Like 2

Just now, Gage said:

The game shows you that the items show up in the pool though. Every time you beat two it shows you a long ass camera zoom over to the pool with a light showing up. Figured that would be enough to get people to think "hey I should go over there and look". :P

not if it's the 3rd time you're beating the game and are skipping every cutscene and running through everything just to get the platinum.

12 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

not if it's the 3rd time you're beating the game and are skipping every cutscene and running through everything just to get the platinum.

Well that's your fault, not the game.

12 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

I wish it were clearer, though. I guess this is what happens when you pre-order games and there's no decent guide out yet.

You do realize that this game first came out on PS2 in 2005, and then got an HD remake for PS3. There are plenty of guides out there for this game. Your complaint doesn't make any logical sense.

• Like 2

I'm just wondering, I've finished the game on normal, I can now do all the colossi in Time Attack Normal, then save the game manually, then start a new game + in hard using the normal save? We can do new game + hard even when we've only finished the game in normal? (because some games don't allow it)

Edit: argh from what I'm seeing I need to complete first the game on hard, then I'll be able to new game + hard and finish all the time attacks, THEN start new game + normal and do all the time attacks (am I right?)

Edited by CerealEnthusiast

1 hour ago, RedSkyKing said:

You do realize that this game first came out on PS2 in 2005, and then got an HD remake for PS3. There are plenty of guides out there for this game. Your complaint doesn't make any logical sense.

You do realize that there are new features such as moving from new game + directly into hard mode without beating hard mode which changes the whole platinum road map? of course you don't because the only one who isn't making logical sense by coming into a thread and looking down upon whoever wrote for help, just to boost your own ego. that's what doesn't make "any logical sense"

1 hour ago, RedSkyKing said:

Well that's your fault, not the game.

no one's saying it's the game's fault. Try to find in this thread where it says that and reply when you do. Try to read this time so you'll understand that what isn't clear is the powerpyx guide, not the game.

58 minutes ago, CerealEnthusiast said:

I'm just wondering, I've finished the game on normal, I can now do all the colossi in Time Attack Normal, then save the game manually, then start a new game + in hard using the normal save? We can do new game + hard even when we've only finished the game in normal? (because some games don't allow it)

Edit: argh from what I'm seeing I need to complete first the game on hard, then I'll be able to new game + hard and finish all the time attacks, THEN start new game + normal and do all the time attacks (am I right?)

No man, you can beat the game on normal and then choose hard when loading new game + from the main menu. you don't have to beat the game on hard to get hard time attack, but remember that you need to beat it on hard anyway for the speedrun trophy

Edited by linkdevivo
  • Like 1

@linkdevivo

So if I'm correct you go like this if you want:

- Finish normal -> continue game and beat time attack normal

- Start newgame+ on hard

- Instantly you can get hard time attack out of the way -> trophy should pop for

Speed King
Obtain All Time Attack Items Together as One Set

-> continue hard playthrough with the full time attack set

-> start newgame++ again on hard for the

Speed Demon
Complete Hard Mode Under 5:41:28 s -> you now have the queen's sword+time attack items and this should be a joke?

- start newgame again -> cleanup trophies if needed

-> platinum

long list but I'm seeing so many theories now that I'm rather confused what to start would be great if you or anyone can confirm this should work

15 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

@linkdevivo

So if I'm correct you go like this if you want:

- Finish normal -> continue game and beat time attack normal

- Start newgame+ on hard

- Instantly you can get hard time attack out of the way -> trophy should pop for

Speed King
Obtain All Time Attack Items Together as One Set

-> continue hard playthrough with the full time attack set

-> start newgame++ again on hard for the

Speed Demon
Complete Hard Mode Under 5:41:28 s -> you now have the queen's sword+time attack items and this should be a joke?

- start newgame again -> cleanup trophies if needed

-> platinum

long list but I'm seeing so many theories now that I'm rather confused what to start would be great if you or anyone can confirm this should work

Basically yes, though you have to play through the game another 3 - 4 times to max health and stamina, but that's super quick once you know where you're going all the time and have all the time attack items. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gage said:

Basically yes, though you have to play through the game another 3 - 4 times to max health and stamina, but that's super quick once you know where you're going all the time and have all the time attack items. 

Thanks for confirming this!

I'm rounding up L.A. Noire and got this game ready to go. I'm going to enjoy my first playtrough blind but (never played ps2/3 version), I've always find it pleasant to have a list ready at hand before starting a platinum run with a 'what to do checklist'.?

Cant wait to start this!

Again much appreciated

BTW you can start a NG+ file from every save when ever you want . So in theory you could farm the first boss to max out your stamina.  You start NG+ -> kill first boss -> manual save-> NG+ from this save -> kill first boss -> and again ..... It could be faster than playing through game , because later bosses are way more away and take longer to beat.

For me this method would be to boring so i played through the game multiple times , with almost no lizards i got max stamina on playthrough 5 .

9 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

You do realize that there are new features such as moving from new game + directly into hard mode without beating hard mode which changes the whole platinum road map? of course you don't because the only one who isn't making logical sense by coming into a thread and looking down upon whoever wrote for help, just to boost your own ego. that's what doesn't make "any logical sense"

There are people who got this game in January and already have the platinum. It takes two puny minutes to look up information, there's even an article on IGN showing where the new shining coins are located. Any questions you have can be answered on the Team Ico Wiki.

22 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

I guess this is what happens when you pre-order games and there's no decent guide out yet.

That's why your argument is so laughable. This thread wouldn't exist had you done your research. 

In a seriousness I don't understand why you need a guide in the first place (unless you haven't played the past games.) There's obviously differences, sure. But nothing game changing (I have yet to start NG+ so perhaps there is.) 

Whats so different that you need a guide??

1 hour ago, Xionx said:

BTW you can start a NG+ file from every save when ever you want . So in theory you could farm the first boss to max out your stamina.  You start NG+ -> kill first boss -> manual save-> NG+ from this save -> kill first boss -> and again ..... It could be faster than playing through game , because later bosses are way more away and take longer to beat.

For me this method would be to boring so i played through the game multiple times , with almost no lizards i got max stamina on playthrough 5 .

Isn't it faster to get lizards? i mean, playing the game 5 more times seems like overkill, doesn't it? Do the lizards and fruits respawn on every playthrough or is there only one set of each if you keep doing new game+?

42 minutes ago, RedSkyKing said:

There are people who got this game in January and already have the platinum. It takes two puny minutes to look up information, there's even an article on IGN showing where the new shining coins are located. Any questions you have can be answered on the Team Ico Wiki.

That's why your argument is so laughable. This thread wouldn't exist had you done your research. 

In a seriousness I don't understand why you need a guide in the first place (unless you haven't played the past games.) There's obviously differences, sure. But nothing game changing (I have yet to start NG+ so perhaps there is.) 

Whats so different that you need a guide??

Dude seriously wtf? He is asking gaming questions in a gaming forum. Chill.

If it annoys you that much do something else, you're contributing nothing here either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Joker said:

Dude seriously wtf? He is asking gaming questions in a gaming forum. Chill.

If it annoys you that much do something else, you're contributing nothing here either.

Don't worry about it Joker. At least he has Hatsune Miku on his avatar so he can't be a complete idiot. lol