Over 30K Weekly Players

SuperSaiyan3985

It's probably already been mentioned, but the game glitched it's way into being free on the US store for a while at launch and that's how people like me, who physically couldn't care less about the series, have played it already.

That wouldn't account for all of it, but I'd say a decent chunk of the numbers aren't from paying customers.

I don't know about other people, but for me, i was one of those people that played Monster hunter back on the PS2 in europe, i loved it so much. However it didn't do well and they went to handheld, i myself hate handheld gaming so didn't play another MH after that. So when it came to PS4 i think my dream finally came true, and it's amazing, so glad it is doing so well and gives me happys for the future!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

It's probably already been mentioned, but the game glitched it's way into being free on the US store for a while at launch and that's how people like me, who physically couldn't care less about the series, have played it already.

That wouldn't account for all of it, but I'd say a decent chunk of the numbers aren't from paying customers.

You mean review code leak? It was good for like 1000 activations.

4 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Well, it's also shipped 6 million copies worldwide already and is Capcom's fastest title to reach that plateau.

2 hours ago, xLyCaN_LuNaTiCx said:

I don't know about other people, but for me, i was one of those people that played Monster hunter back on the PS2 in europe, i loved it so much. However it didn't do well and they went to handheld, i myself hate handheld gaming so didn't play another MH after that. So when it came to PS4 i think my dream finally came true, and it's amazing, so glad it is doing so well and gives me happys for the future!

I didn't play MH until Tri on Wii but I did enjoy that one. I bought MH4U on 3DS when it launched and really didn't like the controls without the circle pad pro or just the idea of playing such time-consuming game on a handheld. Decided not to even bother with the series if it remained on handhelds so I was hyped when they announced MHW and it delivered for me.

Edited by Killbomb

On 09/02/2018 at 7:08 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

GTA V (ps3) had over 75.000. I think that's biggest number i've seen

Actually I quite well remember GTA5 reaching over 90,000 recent players when it first released on PS3.

Side question - is there any archive on the site that would list the games that scored the highest amount of recent players?

On 2/8/2018 at 5:35 PM, DARKB1KE said:

It's flavour of the month.  New games are always going to have high player amounts when they first release.

The west hasn't really had a game of this type before.. so obviously that will garner attention and players... not if you include Lost Planet 2 for large scale bosses/enemies.

People are sheep too, they have to be playing what everyone else is playing right now too. 

Hype when used correctly can get people to part with their money.

I watched livestreams.. don't see what's great about it to be honest.  Looks like typical MMO with grinding for materials all day.

edit: video shows peer pressure to follow what everyone else is doing.

This thing seems to have legs though, man. Whether people bought it as "sheep" or not, they seem to in it for the long haul. That's the sign of a quality title.

17 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

This thing seems to have legs though, man. Whether people bought it as "sheep" or not, they seem to in it for the long haul. That's the sign of a quality title.

The same can be said for Destiny, lmfao.  What a bait n switch that turned out to be.  Then they again fell for the same tricks in Destiny 2 lol. 

20 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

The same can be said for Destiny, lmfao.  What a bait n switch that turned out to be.  Then they again fell for the same tricks in Destiny 2 lol. 

Destiny 2's player count plummeted and people don't seem to be sticking with it. I was saying how this seems to be different so far. High percentages of people are earning trophies that take 50-100+ hours to earn. "Sheep" don't do that.

2 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

Destiny 2's player count plummeted and people don't seem to be sticking with it. I was saying how this seems to be different so far. High percentages of people are earning trophies that take 50-100+ hours to earn. "Sheep" don't do that.

yeah like the final story trophy takes like 60 hours to get to and it's at 36%

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2018 at 5:35 PM, DARKB1KE said:

It's flavour of the month.  New games are always going to have high player amounts when they first release.

The west hasn't really had a game of this type before.. so obviously that will garner attention and players... not if you include Lost Planet 2 for large scale bosses/enemies.

People are sheep too, they have to be playing what everyone else is playing right now too. 

Hype when used correctly can get people to part with their money.

I watched livestreams.. don't see what's great about it to be honest.  Looks like typical MMO with grinding for materials all day.

edit: video shows peer pressure to follow what everyone else is doing.

Flavor of the month, huh?

5 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

You had to bump an old thread just for that?  Or did I offend you by not liking your game? 

I was just hoping it could be a teachable moment for you. You could have originally posted; "While this is a lot of players, I have a feeling it'll die off quickly once the hype wears off." 

Instead you took the route of calling people who were genuinely enjoying a game (and clearly still are) "sheep."  

Looks like they were not sheep after all, and were conscientious and excited about the content they chose to enjoy. I bumped this in hopes you would be a bit nicer and more thoughtful next time.

3 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

I was just hoping it could be a teachable moment for you. You could have originally posted; "While this is a lot of players, I have a feeling it'll die off quickly once the hype wears off." 

Instead you took the route of calling people who were genuinely enjoying a game (and clearly still are) "sheep."  

Looks like they were not sheep after all, and were conscientious and excited about the content they chose to enjoy. I bumped this in hopes you would be a bit nicer and more thoughtful next time.

Yes, sheep. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/identity-shift/201511/why-people-become-sheeple
https://www.naturalnews.com/034676_sheeple_study_psychology.html

99.9999% of people are followers. Very few are independent, critical thinkers. These few people are the Einsteins of this world. If you empower them, they usually wind up making revolutions and advancing mankind. Sadly, often these kind of people are suppressed, abused and silenced and perhaps even killed. Take Galileo Galilei as a great example for this.

We live in a society that teaches us to listen without questioning what we are told. A society that teaches us that if we question what we are told we will get in trouble so even those people who aren't sheep, learn to become sheep.

Edited by DARKB1KE

20 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Okay. Well I'm gonna go back to playing the the fun game that me and the rest of us seem to be enjoying months after release. The same one you deemed "flavor of the month." 

You accuse people of not being free thinkers; of being sheep. Sounds to me like you're the one who let limited thinking skew your opinion. 

Point being: you were wrong. You incorrectly assessed a situation and were kinda a snob about it. Be a better person next time.

• Like 1

This thread is still alive lol.

On 2/9/2018 at 1:23 AM, DARKB1KE said:

No.  I'm saying that people usually flock to whatever game is "popular" at the moment and play what everyone else is playing right now just to "fit in".  It's like high school mentality. 
You only need to look at Twitch to see what is trending right now.  PUBG?  Fortnite?
By all means continue playing the game if you enjoy it, but don't get offended because I don't like your favorite game.  I'm sure it's fun for you, but it doesn't appear that way to me.  I'll play it eventually when the price comes down, get the trophies, and bounce out of there.  

Mayo was like $1 for a plat.  You'd be unwise to pass that deal up.

I'm like the anti-hipster, I do what everyone is not doing ;)

The guy who called people are sheep has My Name is Mayo plat (90%+ rarity). Yeah people are sheep but the guy with the fat 2b avatar and my name is mayo plat is truly a free independent individual kek. A real trend setter lolz.

Edited by Super Sand Virginia
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 8:39 PM, Super Sand Virginia said:

The guy who called people are sheep has My Name is Mayo plat (90%+ rarity). Yeah people are sheep but the guy with the fat 2b avatar and my name is mayo plat is truly a free independent individual kek. A real trend setter lolz.

Mayo isn't a popular game, not many people have it. 

You don't even see people hyping on it or streaming it on twitch (hundreds of streamers), do you? 

Nope, I'm still correct here.  You're projecting your own jealousy... it's cool I get it.  I'd wanna be me too. 

Edited by DARKB1KE