Over 30K Weekly Players

SuperSaiyan3985

On 2. 4. 2018 at 10:48 AM, DARKB1KE said:

Mayo isn't a popular game, not many people have it. 

You don't even see people hyping on it or streaming it on twitch (hundreds of streamers), do you? 

Nope, I'm still correct here.  You're projecting your own jealousy... it's cool I get it.  I'd wanna be me too. 

Please.. Just stop.

Edited by BloodyRutz

16 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

You don't even see people hyping on it or streaming it on twitch (hundreds of streamers), do you? 

Nope, I'm still correct here.  You're projecting your own jealousy... it's cool I get it.  I'd wanna be me too. 

I dunno, you paid money for an easy platinum "like the rest of us." Sounds like you're a sheep.

Or, you know, we're all a bit more free thinking than you want to admit, captain individual. You're a jerk.

On 2/8/2018 at 7:35 PM, DARKB1KE said:

It's flavour of the month.  New games are always going to have high player amounts when they first release.

The west hasn't really had a game of this type before.. so obviously that will garner attention and players... not if you include Lost Planet 2 for large scale bosses/enemies.

People are sheep too, they have to be playing what everyone else is playing right now too. 

Hype when used correctly can get people to part with their money.

I watched livestreams.. don't see what's great about it to be honest.  Looks like typical MMO with grinding for materials all day.

edit: video shows peer pressure to follow what everyone else is doing.

I strongly disagree with you're thinking, i don't play Monster Hunter and i played MMO RPGs for years and the differences between these the genre and Monster Hunter are huge, Monster Hunter if anything deserves its popularity, the game has been selling aa least a million copies with each new entry (it actually kept Capcom from going under for a few years). Monster Hunter has always been popular, its not a trend, its like Call Of Duty, COD is not big in the east but huge in the west and MH made the transition at the right time, the only good point that i agree with is the lack of this type of game in the west and since MH is the king of its genre it was bound to get that attention and sales, i would like to end by saying that MH has far more players than 30k because PSNP tracks like less than 10% of the overall PlayStation Network players. This is a hug game and will be for the next few years or until the next game releases. 

19 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Even Mayo is not a popular game, some people can still play it.

6 hours ago, Soufwar said:

I strongly disagree with you're thinking, i don't play Monster Hunter and i played MMO RPGs for years and the differences between these the genre and Monster Hunter are huge, Monster Hunter if anything deserves its popularity, the game has been selling aa least a million copies with each new entry (it actually kept Capcom from going under for a few years). Monster Hunter has always been popular, its not a trend, its like Call Of Duty, COD is not big in the east but huge in the west and MH made the transition at the right time, the only good point that i agree with is the lack of this type of game in the west and since MH is the king of its genre it was bound to get that attention and sales, i would like to end by saying that MH has far more players than 30k because PSNP tracks like less than 10% of the overall PlayStation Network players. This is a hug game and will be for the next few years or until the next game releases. 

Nobody cares about the East.  It's a new title here, it's a flavor of the month. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2018 at 2:25 AM, DARKB1KE said:

Nobody cares about the East.  It's a new title here, it's a flavor of the month. 

Flavor of the past 4 months, you mean.

I love seeing this game prove you wrong every single day. Though with lines like "nobody cares about the east" you do a great job proving yourself wrong too.

22 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

Flavor of the past 4 months, you mean.

I love seeing this game prove you wrong every single day. Though with lines like "nobody cares about the east" you do a great job proving yourself wrong too.

and you actually care what other people think of your favorite game?  butthurt much. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

On 21. 5. 2018 at 0:09 PM, DARKB1KE said:

and you actually care what other people think of your favorite game?  butthurt much. 

Why don't you just accept you were wrong and be over it? I don't get it.. What reactions did you expect with statements like "Nobody cares about the East."? Me personally don't care about what people think about games I like, but I don't get this type of behaviour either. You were obviously wrong, the game is still popular after x months, but you still presenting your opinions like facts and everybody else with different opinion is 'butthurt much'.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

Why don't you just accept you were wrong and be over it? I don't get it.. What reactions did you expect with statements like "Nobody cares about the East."? Me personally don't care about what people think about games I like, but I don't get this type of behaviour either. You were obviously wrong, the game is still popular after x months, but you still presenting your opinions like facts and everybody else with different opinion is 'butthurt much'.

Nah.  He can stop replying and quoting my posts.  This is a game released new for Western markets, obviously you didn't get the point of that remark.  If the subject is the success of this game in western markets then that is the main point of focus. 

Top games on Twitch at the moment:

https://prnt.sc/jld3zw

Notice, no Monster Hunter. 

It was a flavour. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

9 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Nah.  He can stop replying and quoting my posts.  This is a game released new for Western markets, obviously you didn't get the point of that remark.  If the subject is the success of this game in western markets then that is the main point of focus. 

It was a flavour. 

I did get the point and the game is success in western markets, huge success actually. Top games on Twitch is hardly relevent in terms of player base. Destiny 2 is there and its player base is basically gone.

Edited by BloodyRutz

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2018 at 5:13 PM, DARKB1KE said:

It was a flavour. 

Did you just use a streaming service's numbers as evidence of a game being successful or not? You really are a lost cause.

The game is STILL sitting in the top played games of the week on this site, where you originally posted it would dad into obscurity. It never fails to make me smile when I log on every so often, see it sitting on the most played list, and remember that crazy dude who thought it was "flavor of the month."

6 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

Did you just use a streaming service's numbers as evidence of a game being successful or not? You really are a lost cause.

The game is STILL sitting in the top played games of the week on this site, where you originally posted it would dad into obscurity. It never fails to make me smile when I log on every so often, see it sitting on the most played list, and remember that crazy dude who thought it was "flavor of the month."

Man.  You're really easy to rile up you know that?  This game is not your personal identity.  Do not feel offended if someone dislikes the game.  

Edited by DARKB1KE

On 7/28/2018 at 5:44 PM, DARKB1KE said:

Man.  You're really easy to rile up you know that?  This game is not your personal identity.  Do not feel offended if someone dislikes the game.  

You clearly have a hard time reading tone. I've never gotten anything but joy from following this thread. Makes me laugh every time I see your responses.

Just now, DARKB1KE said:

Because you're offended I don't like your favorite game. 

Favorite? Not quite. I hardly log in anymore. I enjoy it on occasion when there's an event going on. It's okay.

My opinion on the game doesn't cloud my ability to see if a game is, as you said, flavor of the month or not, though. The numbers don't lie, it's a popular game even after the month it was released. Regardless of what you or I think about it.  

Ive moved on from the game, but love coming back to the thread to see you try and stand your ground though. It's absolutely hilarious.

• 1 year later...
On 2/8/2018 at 5:35 PM, DARKB1KE said:

It's flavour of the month.  New games are always going to have high player amounts when they first release.

The west hasn't really had a game of this type before.. so obviously that will garner attention and players... not if you include Lost Planet 2 for large scale bosses/enemies.

People are sheep too, they have to be playing what everyone else is playing right now too. 

Hype when used correctly can get people to part with their money.

I watched livestreams.. don't see what's great about it to be honest.  Looks like typical MMO with grinding for materials all day.

edit: video shows peer pressure to follow what everyone else is doing.

This must still be flavor of the month, over a year and a half later with an expansion at the top of the most play games section. ?

• Like 1

I know im a year late but this topic is a good example of why PSN needs something like steamDB, PSNProfiles isn't representative of the whole PSN landscape as it only has profiles that are on this site/linked that aren't banned.

The recent players list also only goes off of trophies earnt, so it isn't even properly representative of actual player counts, especially for a game like MHW where you can play for a week without earning any trophies.  

For reference MHW peaked at 300k unique players on release and still has 40,000-60,000 players every day on steam alone. 

MHW is currently the 8th most played game on steam a year after release, pretty good for a fad game I guess.

https://steamdb.info/graph/

Edited by Mio
  • Like 4