Platinum that are more rare on PSNProfiles than on PSN

NathanielJohn

We all know that the vast majority of trophies are earned by a much smaller % of people on all of PSN than on PSNProfiles, since PSNProfiles is comprised specifically of trophy hunters. For example, Bloodborne's platinum has an official PSN rarity of 7.3%, but its PSNProfiles rarity is much higher: 23.88%.

My question is: which games have the exact opposite happen? That is, which games have official PSN rarity that is actually higher than the PSNProfiles rarity?

What sparked me to ask this question is the game DanceDanceRevolution, whose platinum has PSN rarity of 2.9%, but PSNProfiles rarity of only 0.84%. In other words, the majority of people who platinumed that game are not trophy hunters.

Cross Edge EU, on PSN is 8.4% here it's 2.90% (Now PSN 13.9% here 2.67%)

Disgaea 3 EU/PS3, on PSN is 3.6% here it's 3.39% (Now PSN 6.8% Here 3.30%)

Disgaea 4 EU/PS3, on PSN is 2.0% here it's 1.91% (Now PSN 4% Here 1.97%)

Disgaea D2 EU, on PSN is 10.7% here it's 5.86% (Now PSN 11.7% Here 5.14%)

Credit goes to @Han_the_Dragon

Its a 2016 Topic so the % did change 

This doesn't really fully apply to trophies that are sub 0.1% on PSNP since it's a bit of an unfair comparison when PSN only displays 0.1% as the lowest.

Like MLB 16 The Show above is a good example. It's probably only rarer on PSNP since the PSN only ever displays 0.1% as lowest. So by definition ANY trophy that is below 0.1% in rarity on this site would qualify for this thread.

Edited by IDiivil

The majority of one's you will find are either niche Japanese games and/or games that are well known for being "hard" as they get a lot of hackers on them. Sony doesn't remover cheaters obviously so they skew some stats hard like that, especially on less popular games. 

Lots of cheaters on some games. For example:

Power Gig: 0.69% on PSNProfiles, but a whopping 8.5% on PSN. Almost all of them are cheaters, too. There's probably 2-3 hackers per week who get removed from that list.

Mamorukun Curse: 2.44% on PSNProfiles, but a gigantic 17.6% on PSN. Again, almost certainly these people are cheaters (though I don't know that one as well, since i don't have the plat myself).

Edited by starcrunch061

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

(...) I guess Sony didn't bother to remove the cheaters as the plat is unobtainable.

20 minutes ago, Gage said:

The majority of one's you will find are either niche Japanese games and/or games that are well known for being "hard" as they get a lot of hackers on them. Sony doesn't remover cheaters obviously so they skew some stats hard like that, especially on less popular games. 

Well said - the same occurs with UFC Personal Trainer (the trophy for completing all accomplishments is glitched, making this game impossible to Platinum - actually this game is glitchy overall, making some trophies, like "training 100 days straight" and "complete three 60-day programs" quite difficult to being gotten without cheating, because the save data could be suddently erased...)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/970-ufc-personal-trainer

Rarity on PSNP: 0,05% (actually there are no Platinum achievers...)

Rarity on PSN: 3,8% :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Maybe some people that hacked this game just wanted to "fill the hole" on their completion... :hmm:

I actually come across them fairly often with grindy JRPGs. :P 

• Mugen Souls - PSNP 0.70% - PSN 3.3%
  • Disgaea 4 - PSNP 1.45% - PSN 2.1%
  • The Guided Fate Paradox - PSNP 1.80% - PSN 7.0%
  • Agarest War Zero - PSNP 2.27% - PSN 4.0%
  • Mugen Souls Z - PSNP 2.68% - PSN 5.9%
  • Cross Edge - PSNP 2.83% - PSN 4.6%
  • Tears to Tiara II - PSNP 3.48% - PSN 5.0%
Edited by Masamune

15 minutes ago, OmegaDenmad said:

ARCANA HEART 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! NA has 1.57 PSNP and 4.5 PSN.

ARCANA HEART 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! EU has 4.73 PSNP and a whooping 20% PSN.

Fairly sure both have a lot of cheaters in PSN. Specially the second one, that's just ridiculous.

Considering the few amount of 100%-ers, I'm guessing there's not that many cheaters tbh.

I think another aspect ist that games like disgaea are very lengthy and for trophy hunters inefficient. 500+h are for fans of the game or the genre and not for the classic hunter.

I would do that, but I hunt for quality plats, hunters who go for quantity wont play them.

and Dandancerevolution is something for masochistic hunters who loves to have the most rares hard core games xD same goes for child of eden of what I heard of it.