big_bob002

44 minute video guide for getting all the coins and Dormin's sword

6 posts in this topic

 

I'm really interested in seeing how powerful the sword really is?  Can it 1 shot any Colossus?  Do you need to use a full strength stab.  It'll be fun to get. 

Edited by big_bob002
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, can this sword make the game easier or is it like a new fresh paint!!??

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

So, can this sword make the game easier or is it like a new fresh paint!!??

 

AFAIK only 1 person in the world has it right now.  I haven't seen anything on YouTube anyways. 

 

He went to the 1st Colossus and did damage when he stabbed it in the back of the leg to knock it down.  Idk if the Queen's sword does damage that way? 

 

Then he killed the Colossus with 1 full strength stab to the sigil.  With the Queen's sword you can destroy any sigil with one hit.  The questions are: Can Dormin's sword kill a Colossus by destroying any sigil?  Do you have to use a full strength stab to kill a sigil? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's extremely unfortunate how both incredibly inconvenient it is to obtain this weapon [Dormain's Sword] and how pointless it is to obtain it when the Queen's Sword exist. The DS is the strongest sword in the game, but it doesn't do significantly more damage than the QS. The DS is well designed, attention to detail and all, but it's not worth unlocking nor changes gameplay drastically. If the developers had actually implemented fast traveling (which the game seriously needs, especially with how frequently Agro immensely slows down at times during rides), the road to unlocking it wouldn't be as bad, at least.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 0:58 AM, EcoShifter said:

It's extremely unfortunate how both incredibly inconvenient it is to obtain this weapon [Dormain's Sword] and how pointless it is to obtain it when the Queen's Sword exist. The DS is the strongest sword in the game, but it doesn't do significantly more damage than the QS. The DS is well designed, attention to detail and all, but it's not worth unlocking nor changes gameplay drastically. If the developers had actually implemented fast traveling (which the game seriously needs, especially with how frequently Agro immensely slows down at times during rides), the road to unlocking it wouldn't be as bad, at least.

 

 

 

I did get Dormin's sword and it wasn't that hard or time consuming with the video.

 

Due to unlimited ng+ it was worth it imo.  I backed up the save to usb and if I ever want to play again I can power through really easy.

 

If it was some 40 hour grind it would've been a waste.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, big_bob002 said:

 

I did get Dormin's sword and it wasn't that hard or time consuming with the video.

 

Due to unlimited ng+ it was worth it imo.  I backed up the save to usb and if I ever want to play again I can power through really easy.

 

If it was some 40 hour grind it would've been a waste.

 

It's time consuming and troublesome enough, between the amount you need to collect, some areas they're placed in, the precise way you have to obtain some, etc.

 

May'be it has some worth when you ignore time attack entirely, but if you're doing that or plan to do it, it's fairly pointless. There are only few cases where the QS won't be precisely as effective, with those instances requiring like one more stab.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.