Super/Regular Lottery Question

Thunder_At_Home

Adding to Kallume's response, you should DEFINITELY go for the animals with normal lottery tickets. Remember that once you get an animal, you'll never get him/her again, so it doesn't take too long. I had all of my animals before I bought anything in the last town.

The reason you don't want to use DRP is that animals are a complete booby prize in that lottery (where even 4th place wins nets you some of the best stuff in the game). I misunderstood the requirements for the last trophy, and ended up beating the final super boss 34 times (hoping to see Enah's actual name appear 10 times, which was completely unnecessary). This would have been impossible without the awesome equipment and stat boosters from the DRP store.

• 4 months later...

Am I missing something with the super animals? I got all three regular animals really quickly, but since then I've spent over 300 lottery tickets and not gotten a single one of the gold/super/whatever animals. Do I have to do something different to get them?

Edit: And of course I got all 3 of them within the next 30 or so lottery tickets after posting this question. No, you don't have to do anything special to get them, I was just really unlucky.

Edited by NathanielJohn

• 1 year later...
On 2/11/2018 at 6:21 PM, Kallume said:

Late game, you'll be spending several 10s of thousands at the store. This'll reward 40+ tickets. Just make sure you spend it all in one shot... 

So spending as many tickets as possible in one shot seems to be the right strategy, before I read that you can upload the save state before the lottery and download it again when you're not lucky with the lottery results but I've noticed that you always get items in the same order no matter what, so trying again with a previous save state will not bring a different result.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kallume said:

I had to look back and what game this thread was for haha. I don't recall this at all... too many games! 

Yeah, this game is actually quite enjoyable on the Vita, but I can imagine how I will forget about it a few months from now. I have a question, though, and maybe you will remember it - when you were maxing out the jobs for the team members, did you buy the XP multiplier for actual cash? On principle I don't like spending money this way but it looks like a huge grind to max out the jobs seeing that I don't even have all of them yet (I haven't completed all sub-quests which give you additional members and jobs) and I am not that far from the end game. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/26/2019 at 11:35 AM, det_gittes said:

On principle I don't like spending money this way but it looks like a huge grind to max out the jobs seeing that I don't even have all of them yet (I haven't completed all sub-quests which give you additional members and jobs) and I am not that far from the end game. 

One thing I didn't notice until later is that you get JP boosts if multiple followers in a team are the same class. This goes up to 200% if all three in the team are the same class. Combining that with the DRP accessory that doubles JP, you can grind these out really quickly. If you want to concentrate on just jobs for a bit, go back to the first area and fight tons of puny enemies...you don't get much EXP but the JP always seems to be at a rate of a point per enemy (before any multipliers).

Edit: I've noticed this doesn't seem to work for the Villager or Chevalier jobs, for some reason. I think it works for all the others.

Edited by rennelf

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2019 at 4:48 AM, det_gittes said:

So spending as many tickets as possible in one shot seems to be the right strategy, before I read that you can upload the save state before the lottery and download it again when you're not lucky with the lottery results but I've noticed that you always get items in the same order no matter what, so trying again with a previous save state will not bring a different result.

I noticed that as well.

• 2 years later...
On 25.6.2019 at 10:48 AM, det_gittes said:

Yup. As if it's "scripted". No randomness or RNG at all. Just grinding and spending. Hoped for the Hades Weapon with DSP but I always got 4 Orbs, then Diana Robe and Apollo Mail in those 6 pulls.

Edited by Cloud_SOLDAT