Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChickenExotic

HARD_ANGEL_FAN's Dispute

16 posts in this topic

HARD_ANGEL_FAN

Metal Gear Solid 4
Good morning team,<br /> <br /> I was surprised and disappointed to see this notification. I am not a speed runner, I usually never go for time, but had practice and shortcuts on my other accounts, without the need to cheat, or use game saves or 3rd party peripherals. I was browsing the internet and came across a post, sadly i did not save it, in it i read that i was able to spend the required 35 hours in the beginning area killing enemies as much as i can, but stopping at a point a trophy wouldn't pop. i mainly focused on staying in one area for as long as possible without my console shutting off due to being idle. As far as i know that is not cheating, but a way around a system to have a very good time in getting the platinum. Since this game is on the PS3, and I do not stream on twitch or youtube. I made no recording of me playing the game. If you feel this is still cheating I respect your decision to remove me from the leaderboards. I love collecting trophies and have done so since it was born back in Super Stardust HD. <br /> <br /> In closing, again, I am disappointed this even happened and you guys having to deal with things like this. I have been a member of this amazing website for a long time, and since i have a lifetime membership I do purchase lifetime memberships for other users to enjoy it just as much as i do. I have explained all i can to plead my case, but whatever the outcome I'll respect what you decide to do.<br /> <br /> Thank you all and have a great day.

16 minutes ago, HARD_ANGEL_FAN said:

HARD_ANGEL_FAN

Metal Gear Solid 4
Good morning team,<br /> <br /> I was surprised and disappointed to see this notification. I am not a speed runner, I usually never go for time, but had practice and shortcuts on my other accounts, without the need to cheat, or use game saves or 3rd party peripherals. I was browsing the internet and came across a post, sadly i did not save it, in it i read that i was able to spend the required 35 hours in the beginning area killing enemies as much as i can, but stopping at a point a trophy wouldn't pop. i mainly focused on staying in one area for as long as possible without my console shutting off due to being idle. As far as i know that is not cheating, but a way around a system to have a very good time in getting the platinum. Since this game is on the PS3, and I do not stream on twitch or youtube. I made no recording of me playing the game. If you feel this is still cheating I respect your decision to remove me from the leaderboards. I love collecting trophies and have done so since it was born back in Super Stardust HD. <br /> <br /> In closing, again, I am disappointed this even happened and you guys having to deal with things like this. I have been a member of this amazing website for a long time, and since i have a lifetime membership I do purchase lifetime memberships for other users to enjoy it just as much as i do. I have explained all i can to plead my case, but whatever the outcome I'll respect what you decide to do.<br /> <br /> Thank you all and have a great day.

The person who reported you for this did a very thorough job about it. In fact, I was talking with the person discussing the flag etc. IIRC, you had the fastest MGS4 time too. In fact, we went through the top 50 fastest, well, the top 50 fastest that hadn't clearly cheated MGS4, and saw that like 15-20% of them had clearly cheated other games too. Pretty sad stuff, but that's not about you, just speaking about the general fastest times in MGS4 which seems to be by a lot of illegitimate players, and you topped that list by quite a bit IIRC. EDIT: I checked, you used to be #1 before the new #1 that beats you by an hour. Their trophy timestamps didn't do what you did.

What you say about spending 35 hours in the beginning area is already calculated in on this report, and you know that by the report reason:

Reason:

Infinite bandana achieved on first playthrough in 7 hrs which means another playthrough is required with 35 hours + 500 kills etc for Chicken emblem. The plat time is 1 day 15 hours which is less than 42 (7+35) hours, not to mention all the other playthroughs needed.

I want to hear what you did, not have someone else tell some kind of story that might be doable to reflect the timestamps we see.

Edited by MMDE

50 minutes ago, HARD_ANGEL_FAN said:

in it i read that i was able to spend the required 35 hours in the beginning area killing enemies as much as i can, but stopping at a point a trophy wouldn't pop. i mainly focused on staying in one area for as long as possible without my console shutting off due to being idle.

How did you obtain the infinite bandana during your chicken playthrough since you claim to have done this on your first playthrough? Just in case you weren't aware, it is awarded for finishing a playthrough with 0 kills. You can also buy it from Drebin's Store for 5 million DP (2.5m in ACT V) but that takes multiple playthroughs and besides there's only 11 seconds between you obtaining the solar gun and infinite bandana so it was an end of playthrough reward.

I find it interesting how you also completed this game on your alt account just before starting it on your main:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1553-metal-gear-solid-4/Hardangelfan

Timestamps indicate that there is a ~15 hour difference between you finishing that and earning the first trophy on your main account, which still doesn't give you the 35 hours needed anyway (not that it's relevant here). My guess is you probably used some saves from your alt account to speed things up.

Edited by Zolkovo

Like I mentioned earlier, my goal is not to be #1 at everything, I have fun playing games and try to make time in the 1 or 2 days off i have. im not trying to hide that i was test running to see how fast i can do it on my other accounts, i did mention this in my first post i wasn't trying to hide it. 

Unless I have clear and airtight evidence that i did not cheat besides me just telling you, its always going to be a "my source said/he said" situation and there will be some bias behind it to take the side of the source since they make it their job to flag users they think are cheating, and there is nothing wrong with that, I'm glad that there are people wiling to do that.

I know what I did, I know what I accomplished in this game and my personal satisfaction is more than enough since that is why a play games, to have a "sense of pride and accomplishment' hahaha stupid EA (Sorry i couldn't resist).

If you find that you cant remove this because of doubt, you can go ahead and leave it as is. I will still be a member of this community (which has changed a lot since i joined) i just want to be able to track/see my trophies and read the guides that people put their time into, into helping others, create/join sessions. 

I wont lose any sleep over it. Whether you swing one way or another on this decision, i just wanted to plead my case, explain my side of things and whatever happens happens. I hope you all have an excellent weekend and keep playing games!! 😀

17 minutes ago, HARD_ANGEL_FAN said:

Like I mentioned earlier, my goal is not to be #1 at everything, I have fun playing games and try to make time in the 1 or 2 days off i have. im not trying to hide that i was test running to see how fast i can do it on my other accounts, i did mention this in my first post i wasn't trying to hide it. 

Unless I have clear and airtight evidence that i did not cheat besides me just telling you, its always going to be a "my source said/he said" situation and there will be some bias behind it to take the side of the source since they make it their job to flag users they think are cheating, and there is nothing wrong with that, I'm glad that there are people wiling to do that.

I know what I did, I know what I accomplished in this game and my personal satisfaction is more than enough since that is why a play games, to have a "sense of pride and accomplishment' hahaha stupid EA (Sorry i couldn't resist).

If you find that you cant remove this because of doubt, you can go ahead and leave it as is. I will still be a member of this community (which has changed a lot since i joined) i just want to be able to track/see my trophies and read the guides that people put their time into, into helping others, create/join sessions. 

I wont lose any sleep over it. Whether you swing one way or another on this decision, i just wanted to plead my case, explain my side of things and whatever happens happens. I hope you all have an excellent weekend and keep playing games!! 1f600.png

Maybe you should try to answer zolkovos question and attempt to be a little more clear on exactly what it was you did. I ferl like you probably didn't cheat so I am keen to see this dispute go well. 

So far your answer was very vague. I personally know little about MGS4 but I'm sure there's more to a fast time than just idling for 35 hours at the start.

Although the timestamps look legit, this isn't possible. Added my two cents. Peace out ✌🏻

So here's the thing, I to am close to getting the plat (just to lazy) and while I would kinda want to defend OP. I looked at his trophies and a few things are red flags for me.

I was thinking that maybe OP did the "ultimate run" which is basically a BB run while doing collectibles and I ran it in my head and it's just not possible with these timestamps. I mean I can clear MGS4 in a few hours but that's skipping everything and not collecting anything. I know MGS4 well since its one of my favorites and I just don't buy that he did all this in under 48 hours.

6 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

I was thinking that maybe OP did the "ultimate run" which is basically a BB run while doing collectibles and I ran it in my head and it's just not possible with these timestamps. I mean I can clear MGS4 in a few hours but that's skipping everything and not collecting anything. I know MGS4 well since its one of my favorites and I just don't buy that he did all this in under 48 hours.

Actually it is fairly easy to plat this game in under 48 hours, that's not the issue here. It's the order in which he unlocked some of the trophies, making it impossible to do in his trimeframe. I wrote up quite a few tips when I was done with the game to help others:

Admittedly, it does require a lot of stamina and mental fortitude towards the end as it becomes incredibly repetitive. Also I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure there are no other threads on the internet about platinum speedruns for this game since I actively scoured the internet for these back when I went for it, so OP is probably just quoting from my own thread in the original dispute.

There are a lot of things that feel out of place with OP's list that doesn't go hand in hand with what a plat speedrun should look like, however the only thing we can concretely prove is the infinite bandana. For instance, he didn't get flashback mania on his first playthrough either and to be honest you can forget about any hope of a plat speedrun if this happens unless you just happen to know exactly which ones you missed. So I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here.

Anyway @HARD_ANGEL_FAN, you can have this resolved pretty quickly by simply answering how you obtained the infinite bandana?

Edited by Zolkovo

I can think of a legit way to do this, but it’d be pretty darn specific and memorable. It’s likely this list is not legit.

As someone who platinumed this game and took a look at his list, @Zolkovo took the words out of my mouth already. This is very likely that it's been cheated and the fact the the disputer hasn't given us a thorough answer and has yet to respond to the most important questions, it's safe to say the flag will and should stick.

If you look at hes profile, he earn some trophies like 5 hours ago and update those on the website. But probably doesn't want to go back to this topic yet, as he don't know what answer he has to give.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

6 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

If you look at hes profile, he earn some trophies like 5 hours ago and update those on the website. But probably doesn't want to go back to this topic yet, as he don't know what answer he has to give.

To be fair, profiles are also updated automatically (in OP's case, every 6 hours). According to his forum profile, the last visit to the forums was yesterday.

3 hours ago, marc_cp said:

To be fair, profiles are also updated automatically (in OP's case, every 6 hours). According to his forum profile, the last visit to the forums was yesterday.

Which means he read my response. I'll send him a PM on PSN.

He told me to close the thread.