Instant 100% Happiness Settlement!

Mur-cie-lago

Awesome post. Thank you. Gathered all the materials while playing DLC missions and collecting Bobbleheads. Went to red rocket, built the cat stations and connected the generator to them. Slept till all traps were full, released them, built a robot, then went back to collecting Bobbleheads when I saw it was 100 happiness. Trophy popped 15-20 minutes after leaving the red rocket 

• 3 months later...

Holy crap this worked well! Minor tweak on my end however. I didn’t use cat cages since I only had one SSMM. Instead, I built 3 dog cages, and kept releasing and repairing them until I had 5 domesticated dogs. You should know that each dog adds 5 Defense to your settlement. Sometimes you might get feral or glowing dogs so be careful. Once I got my 5 domesticated dogs (you can keep track by having your defense rating up 25 points from when you first started), I followed the rest of the steps to build the workshop. Instantly got 100 happiness, then I left the settlement. After doing a quick quest for the BoS, the trophy popped for me.

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit

• 1 month later...

So I'm trying this method, built cat cages, plugged them all and after 5 days 3 of them were full. However other 2 seems like they don't work. I've slept for maybe 30 days straight now and still nothing. 

Any advice? 

Edit: Nevermind, got the trophy, however I couldn't get all 5 cages to work at the beginning. Had to reload and set it up from scratch 3 times. 

Edited by maniek515

• 2 weeks later...

I had a settlement of 25 for "weeks" and happiness was stuck around 88. Shops and cats everywhere!

Using this method (but with dogs) I got the trophy in about an hour.

If you use dogs, just make one cage to cut down on needed supplies and save before you open it so you can reload if you get a mongrel. Repair, and repeat until you have 5. So easy, thanks!

Edited by audiopile

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/02/2018 at 7:35 PM, Mur-cie-lago said:

This is a method to get 100% happiness from a settlement that doesn't require any perks spent in charisma or intelligence or using any human settlers. I have tested on 2 of my characters and works everytime for me.

1) Find a settlement that is empty (very important or it wont work), no settlers, sitting at it's normal 50% happiness level.

2) Gather the materials needed to make 5 cat cages, 1 small generator, 1 robot workshop and 1 bare bones robot (hardest part as you will have to look for softshell mirelurk meat for cat cages)

3) Make 5 cat cages and sleep for 3-4 days.

4) Wake up and release the cats. 

5) Make robot workshop and 1 robot.

6) Once you exit the robot workshop go into settlement workshop mode your happiness level will have instantly jumped from 50% to 100%.

7) Profit.

This requires no human settlers, a few materials and no investments into perks you don't want. You also don't have to waste your time hanging around settlement watching the happiness level crawl up. 

The trophy may take about 30-60 mins top, for me personally I did some BoS quests to pass the time and it popped when Elder Maxson was on his soapbox.

This is AMAZING! Thanks so much. I do have one thing to add. I followed steps 1-4, but wasn’t able to build a robot due to lack of materials. I got the idea to just send Ada to the new settlement and boom, instant 100%! I think this means I wouldn’t have needed the workbench either. Maybe someone else wants to give this a go? Good luck!

For Softshell meat, I went to do the quest Pull the Plug and Explored Thicket Excavations. Just save before each Mirelurk kill and reload if they don’t drop Softshell meat.

Edited by Ryoshi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if there is any ideal settlement to do this method for the trophy. Early in the game you will come across Dogmeat, who is one of the companions. In the settlement you find him in I have noticed the happiness has dropped to five percent, instead of the normal 50 percent.

Will this method still work? I find settlements to be a chore in this game and I'd rather not waste time screwing around with them for longer than I want to.

can’t comment on that , likely, but I used this method and it took about 2 hours all up (getting materials etc..)

was pretty easy.

I set up at red rocket and you can move anyone that’s there (if anyone) away.

I stored all my companions there before I set this up , which was about 8 at the time, so sending them off to sanctuary worked fine.

To speed it up when I woke up from Sleeping , saw my happiness had gone up, stood outside until it went up a little bit more (about 2-3 minutes) went back to keep , rinse and repeat. 

Edited by JWill_55

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2021 at 3:43 AM, Ryoshi said:

This is AMAZING! Thanks so much. I do have one thing to add. I followed steps 1-4, but wasn’t able to build a robot due to lack of materials. I got the idea to just send Ada to the new settlement and boom, instant 100%! I think this means I wouldn’t have needed the workbench either. Maybe someone else wants to give this a go? Good luck!

For Softshell meat, I went to do the quest Pull the Plug and Explored Thicket Excavations. Just save before each Mirelurk kill and reload if they don’t drop Softshell meat.

Can confirm you don't need to build the robot workbench or robot if you have Ada. Just send her to the settlement with the cat cages and it'll instantly unlock the trophy. 

The only bad thing about this method is the softshell mirelurk meat which only about 1 in 10 mirelurks drop. That could take a good amount of time even if you abuse saves and you need 10 of them to build 5 cat cages. 

• 1 year later...
On 28/09/2020 at 7:27 PM, based_gigachad said:

does this work for benevolent leader trophy? does the settlement not have to be classed as large?

*never mind, have used an alternative method!

Used this method post game but at Red Rocket instead of Boston Airport as that wasn’t an option (BoS hostile) and sent Sturges, worked like a charm! Made a quick save before it so didn’t even waste any resources. 

Edited by GAZDAN
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

Quite late to this thread but i've been trying this method and the happiness doesn't jump to 100%. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or it's been changed since. It climbs to 75% slowly and stops. Would appreciate some advice or if there's a new method?

Quite late to this thread but i've been trying this method and the happiness doesn't jump to 100%. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or it's been changed since. It climbs to 75% slowly and stops. Would appreciate some advice or if there's a new method?

On 2/28/2024 at 1:56 AM, LDN-Legend said:

try the video on my comment above (if you haven’t already)

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/57663-instant-100-happiness-settlement/?do=findComment&comment=2456536

• 1 month later...

The OP's solution (with the additional advice of sending ADA to camp

instead of building a robot workbench) worked a treat. 5 cat cages, sleep 3 days, release cats and then send over ADA put it straight to 100%. About 20mins later trophy popped

anyone struggling for soft shell Mirk meat  I had done the far Harbor DLC before attempting this and had more than enough from just naturally doing that 

cracking post 👌🏼

Edited by HedleyNEUK
  • Like 1