[RUMOR] Metal Gear Solid HD Collection coming to PS4

Gwendly

Armature studios ; the company responsible for the Vita port of the hd collection have updates their website for their Metal Gear Solid Project, and now on versions it lists both the PS4 and the Vita for versions.

Maybe its nothing but Im hoping this mean we will get this on PS4 :)

http://armature.com/fwp_portfolio/mgshd

Edited by Gwendly
Title change ; Legacy to HD

I'd hope the rumours of a Switch collection would be true, with it including an HD version of Twin Snakes. Then, after a short period of exclusivity, I would hope that collection would be ported elsewhere.

Always confused me how they remastered 2 and 3, but not number 1. At first I, like most people, chalked it up to the PS1 remaster being much more work, but Twin Snakes is like right there dude. Come on, do you not want money?

• Like 2

I love the Metal Gear Solid series, but if this were true, I probably wouldn't get it. Bluepoint already did an incredible job with these games back on PS3, and apart from a resolution boost, a PS4 version of MGS2 and MGS3 would probably be inferior. Unlike the Dualshock 3, the Dualshock 4 doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons, so holding up enemies/aiming your gun would be a lot more awkward.

If they were to port MGS1 (the original) to PS4 with trophies, though, then maybe I'd be interested. One of my favourite games of all time. ?

14 hours ago, gibbeynator said:

That's right, folks. You're going to have to do all those MGS2 VR missions A THIRD TIME!

Not a chance! I put myself through hours and hours of that only to be beaten by that ridiculous m4 hold up mission where you have to lightly press square. That is so impossibly frustrating... ?