S Rank Issues

So through the majority of the game now. But I'm definitely struggling with some of the missions on the field.

Anybody got any tips for the missions with few enemies and little terrain to destroy. E.g. Battle 6

Edit - So finally did it and for battle 6 in particular, pick Diane and go to town with her R1 + Triangle move I think it's heavy slam along and ensure you break every rock on the map.

I'm nearly there now the hardest field missions are definitely the ones where you can't pick your party. I'd say my top tip is replay the same one by saving with boar hat closing app and going back in if you fail. This way you can try the different moves for that character. E.g. Slader Vs ban in the stage with no destruction, use his heavy attack followed by R1  + circle at the end of the combo, rinse and repeat.

Finding the combinations can be tricky, just remember it's the 10k threshold you have to hit but usually if you have 8k sometimes 7 and you'll get enough bonuses to tip over 10k

Edited by Azoth658
  • Like 2

^ Good tips. I got Battle 6 with Merlin. She is pretty good at getting appeal points.

For matches on Vaizel Rock or places with just a few rocks and trees it is important to try and get a high hit combo. 20-25 is usually the best threshold. In the story missions to fight Ban and Diane at Great Vaizel Rock you need a combo of +20 in order to get it done the easiest. Meliodas' air combo is 5 hits so X > Square Mash then repeat often works as long as you time it before they throw up their guard after standing. As long as you finish with almost full health, finish with timer still over 120 seconds, and use the Special move for the finish at the last sliver of health, you should net an easy 5000+2000+2000+~1000 for the S rank on both fights. Diane's is a bit harder since she guards quickly and Ban is just plain annoying when chucking rocks but I used equipment to lower special action consumption, increase special move charge time and increase magic recovery I think.

Arthur vs Meliodas (Liones Capital Side Quest) was a really annoying fight. Luckily his Square combo finishes with a juggle so as long as you time the hits to just before he falls to the ground and get a super high combo (+25), it still shouldn't be too difficult. A bit of luck is required though since Meliodas is merciless if your guard is down. Took several tries for me. 

The last annoying map is Liones Castle Gate. Had to pretty much do all of the above and save the Special for the last bit of health while trying to destroy the actual castle gate (which nets a ton of appeal points and can only be destroyed with a Special move).

Most importantly I think, if you have lost a lot of health or you know the points aren't going to end with S rank, just pause and go back to the map or let time run out so you can retry. Some field missions really took a long time to reappear and it is a pain to trigger them again. I wonder why they made it that way. Trying to pad the time to Platinum?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on Merlin on Battle 6. I just spammed :r1:+:circle:. I also use Hawk as my partner since I find him the one that doesn't kill mobs fast. (who am I kidding ofc it is because of Boar alliance)

For other battles, I used Merlin and spam :r1:+:triangle:. Before Merlin joined the party, I used King and spam Bumblebee :r1:+:circle: or Guardian :r1:+:triangle:.

The most frustrating part for me is Twigo Trial, Slader + Merlin vs. Ban + King Trial

Ash Demon Hendickson + Demon Melodias vs. Gil + Arthur

For Twigo, I really couldn't remember how I even managed to get S on that one.

For Slader, no breakable + my main problem was Ban moves fast and do lots of combo and I haven't figured out what combo to use for Slader. would agree on TC and I also ended up spamming :triangle: then :r1:+:circle: then back to spamming :triangle:. I only targeted Ban since King tends to move in air and :triangle:spam won't work.

For the last one, my trouble is Meliodas and Hendrickson moves deals a lot of damage and there is like, only 1 tree to break, I think I just spammed :r1:+:triangle: and keeps my health high and finish the battle with :r2:.

Lastly, let's just not talk about Elizabeth's errands :|

• Like 1

Errands are easy, the only hard one was the clouded forest since it’s so huge and 2 of the spots are off the path, easy to get lost and run out of time. 

Twigo is trash, I hate him. All of his are hard. I think I’m finally done with him though, unless there’s more in the North area. I’m having issues with the Arthur x Meliodos atm, I cant get off a long enough juggle but I’ll try later and hopefully get it. After a night of sleep I got a Twigo one I kept failing.

On 2018-02-23 at 8:15 AM, JaM said:

Hide contents

Ash Demon Hendickson + Demon Melodias vs. Gil + Arthur

For the last one, my trouble is Meliodas and Hendrickson moves deals a lot of damage and there is like, only 1 tree to break, I think I just spammed :r1:+:triangle: and keeps my health high and finish the battle with :r2:.

I’m having problems with that one right now. It’s easy to win, but hard to build enough points. And the AI loves to spam their specials one after the other when I have a good run prior to that. 

Ill try to spam that stuff and see how it goes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Errands are easy, the only hard one was the clouded forest since it’s so huge and 2 of the spots are off the path, easy to get lost and run out of time. 

Twigo is trash, I hate him. All of his are hard. I think I’m finally done with him though, unless there’s more in the North area. I’m having issues with the Arthur x Meliodos atm, I cant get off a long enough juggle but I’ll try later and hopefully get it. After a night of sleep I got a Twigo one I kept failing.

That's what I really dislike with Errands - it is not hard... just annoying. You get hit once = screwed. Take your time = screwed. 

I actually didn't have a problem with Arthur fights, I used :square::square::square: :r1:+:square: then :cross:+:cross: then repeat combo til I ran out Mana.

btw, out of topic? Since when did PSN store had Dissidia Avatars??? o.O me want HD Bartz.

43 minutes ago, JaM said:

That's what I really dislike with Errands - it is not hard... just annoying. You get hit once = screwed. Take your time = screwed. 

I actually didn't have a problem with Arthur fights, I used :square::square::square: :r1:+:square: then :cross:+:cross: then repeat combo til I ran out Mana.

btw, out of topic? Since when did PSN store had Dissidia Avatars??? o.O me want HD Bartz.

That r1 triangle move made that one With the spoiler easy, for it first try even almost dying lol. 

Got Arthur now too. I think just one left battle 6. I hope, otherwise I have to roam the awful map to look for the non s ranked missions on the field. Bleh, why did they design this part this way? Though it seems, that if you s rank the story and side missions (anything in towns) the map quests all appear at once? I see more on the map than I usually do anyway. Edit definitely doesn’t. North part doesn’t have any on the islands that you have to fly to. Game why 

And the dissidia avatars went up awhile ago there was a thread posted in the game forum about it

welp Merlin plus r1 circle spam went flawlessly the first try on battle 6

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

• 5 years later...