Crown Guide.

LordNEET

24 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Generating identical investigations seems to be about as hard as getting crown itself.

Yes, but if you see with a few instances above the crowns have similar conditions. So if we get like 6 entries for HR6 generating a gold crown Jagras we can then generally speculate not to hunt other than HR6 missions. So hopefully this wont give us udentical investigations but a general template to look for.

fQMR0A4.png

So if we get enough repeats at least we can narrow down which HR to use for crowns. Like at this point I should use HR6 for Jagras not HR2.

Edited by LordNEET

Posted this on the other thread but here is what I’ve got for now.  Looks like you’ve already got my Great Jagras one on the list so no need to post that one again.  Just including it below so that it is on the thread.

Mini Crowns

Investigation Rank: 6*

Investigation Type: Hunt (Great Jagras)

Rewards: Copper / Silver / Gold

Time Limit: 15 minutes

Rate Up: Gather locations

Investigation Rank: 8*
Investigation Type: Slay (Nergigante)
Rewards: ???
Time Limit: 15 Minutes

Rate Up: ???

Edit: I’ve also been doing test runs on LR investigations and it still seems I’m only able to obtain Giant Silver crowns.

Edited by Jounochi
  • Like 2

I'm new to all this monster hunter business so I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it really does seem like it's still super random but the randomness is influenced the more negative / challenge factors there are.  challenges being: fewer max players, fewer faints, lower time limit, # star difficulties, tempered or not, number of monsters in one hunt.  the more modifiers that are stacked on an investigation (not counting upsurges or things that make it easier like more faints) the more likely a giant or mini will show up.    

Edit: to add to the thread's purpose, just got a mini great jagras with 6*, single target (great jagras), 6660 reward, 50m time limit, 2 player max, capture mission and an aggressive bazel flying around.  I ran it again and got my largest great jagras yet with no crown but I'm going to run it a few more times and see if I can get a mini and a giant out of the same expedition. 

Edit 2: Got two minis from this same investigation (976.50) and like 1200+ as the largest.

Edited by MildObstruction
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MildObstruction said:

I'm new to all this monster hunter business so I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it really does seem like it's still super random but the randomness is influenced the more negative / challenge factors there are.  challenges being: fewer max players, fewer faints, lower time limit, # star difficulties, tempered or not, number of monsters in one hunt.  the more modifiers that are stacked on an investigation (not counting upsurges or things that make it easier like more faints) the more likely a giant or mini will show up.    

Edit: to add to the thread's purpose, just got a mini great jagras with 6*, single target (great jagras), 6660 reward, 50m time limit, 2 player max, capture mission and an aggressive bazel flying around.  I ran it again and got my largest great jagras yet with no crown but I'm going to run it a few more times and see if I can get a mini and a giant out of the same expedition. 

Edit 2: Got two minis from this same investigation (976.50) and like 1200+ as the largest.

Yeah I think anything anyone says about getting crowns is horseshit now.