Crown Guide.

LordNEET

1 hour ago, h4mx0r said:

Okay I got a mini Kulu and Diablos on my 3rd try. It's definitely increased chances for crowns, but it feels like lower odds than the first event.

Yeah, feels like lower odds. I can't get mini Jyuro or big Kulu no matter what. At least I got both Diablos crowns.

56 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

The smartest thing to do now is grind out Elder Dragons and Elders Reach monsters.

Since Coral Area will be next, it makes little sense to grind Paolomu, Tzi Tzi or Legiana.

I am not sure who the remaining 2 will be... it could be Odogaron, Pink Rathian, Bazelguese...

Yup that's exactly what am doing 

3 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

The smartest thing to do now is grind out Elder Dragons and Elders Reach monsters.

Since Coral Area will be next, it makes little sense to grind Paolomu, Tzi Tzi or Legiana.

I am not sure who the remaining 2 will be... it could be Odogaron, Pink Rathian, Bazelguese...

Well, I expect other Quests for the remaining areas. But Elder Dragons and bazel does make sense.

Pink rathian could be in Coral and azure rathalos could be in Elder. Could. 

Don't know about Black Diablos tho.

11 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Nice!

So you would say it's increased chance for crowns on this 2nd event too?

You should think of the events as free crowns. I got all ten crowns last event and I got mini Jyuratodus, big Diablos and big Kulu-Ya-Ku this morning. Just keep at it bro! 

Just now, Xugashi said:

You should think of the events as free crowns. I got all ten crowns last event and I got mini Jyuratodus, big Diablos and big Kulu-Ya-Ku this morning. Just keep at it bro! 

Do you know if it has to be done solo? I can do it on my own, as I did so last night.... but its so much quicker in a party.

Just now, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

I honeslty think it is faster solo. At the end i only needed the big diablos and it took me like 8 minuts to kill barroth, chicken and diablos.

Maybe. I'll keep at it, but I feel as if I missed out on all the giant crows last event because I tried it in an SoS several times.

29 minutes ago, TheSoulGuardian said:

It still counts if you leave the mission after only killing the monsters you need?

Yes but you have to be sure to hit Returning from Mission, not Abandon. 

1) Go into the quest

2) Check the Sizes

3) Kill the one you think its worthy

4) Return from Mission

Size Updated if it was bigger or smaller than the one you previously had

edit: snow ninja was quicker than me, no wonder why he's a ninja.

Edited by fujitora22

1 minute ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Yes. But choose RETURN from quest, not ABANDON the quest.

Just now, fujitora22 said:

Yes but you have to be sure to hit Returning from Mission, not Abandon. 

1) Go into the quest

2) Check the Sizes

3) Kill the one you think its worthy

4) Return from Mission

Size Updated if it was bigger or smaller than the one you previously had

Okay, that makes it so much better! I wish I would've know that before. Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Have you seen the video for elder dragons measuring? He is similar to vaal hazak, left rear leg.

Yup, I've seen it. Thanks for the info!

...now if I can just get it to appear...I have a horrible feeling it's going to be a repeat of Anjanath, which took forever...

I've done the new event quest like a dozen times but can't seem to get a giant Rathian crown. I've gotten all the other mini/giant crowns from this quest but can't get this last one and it's driving me crazy. I don't get why all the others came relatively easily but now the game wants to be stubborn. I keep running into Rathians that are definitely larger than average but they're never gold crowns T_T

Edited by BrianMX34
clarification

1 hour ago, BrianMX34 said:

I've done the new event quest like a dozen times but can't seem to get a giant Rathian crown. I've gotten all the other mini/giant crowns from this quest but can't get this last one and it's driving me crazy. I don't get why all the others came relatively easily but now the game wants to be stubborn. I keep running into Rathians that are definitely larger than average but they're never gold crowns T_T

I'm in the same boat lol