Crown Guide.

LordNEET

3 minutes ago, vex1993 said:

Does monsters' size determine their defensive stats in addition to health pool? If only there were better way to identify their size than using your character as reference...

As far as I know it doesn't. Yeah I have no idea how to tell for certain monsters if they are small or big

4 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

I am having difficulty even trying to determine if its small. It never seems to be as small as the one in the video

Don't tell me, I'm pretty sure i killed big crown Kushala like 30 times.

Gonna focus on Vaal and Nergigante now and try Kushala next week if I'm lucky with these two.

Edited by xDriverZero
spelling

15 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Yeah. I think I might take a step back from the game for a bit. I've killed each elder between 20-40 times (I just check sizes on my investigations, but I SOS into others to get more investigations). I'd love to be done with the elders and crowns in general so I can just get back to goofing off.

Just goof dude, let the luck work itself out! ?

15 hours ago, Admiralvic said:

Hard to actually say. The event listing doesn't show anything after the next one, so they might just be doing the three. 

I think it's more of a matter of time really, just circulating three areas will make the events stale. I mean I could be wrong, they could totally just circulate those three, but that wouldn't be a smart choice and I doubt they'll mess that aspect up. They've done too many things right than wrong with this game so I don't doubt Capcom at this point.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

Just goof dude, let the luck work itself out! 1f913.png

I think it's more of a matter of time really, just circulating three areas will make the events stale. I mean I could be wrong, they could totally just circulate those three, but that wouldn't be a smart choice and I doubt they'll mess that aspect up. They've done too many things right than wrong with this game so I don't doubt Capcom at this point.

Well they are not stupid and know there are enough people willing to grind crownes. They don't want to gift us the crownes tho, so they'll give us just the three maps for now. 

Just now, dark69knight said:

Those elders dragons starting to make me crazy

5 days in a row with no crown i hate luck based trophies cuz i know my luck is the worse thing ever in me

I know your pain. I've tried for hours and hours just for the Pukei and Kidachi giant crown and nothing. I missed the event and I'm kicking myself for it.

I fear having to go against the Elder Dragons for crowns! Ugh!

2 minutes ago, TheSoulGuardian said:

I know your pain. I've tried for hours and hours just for the Pukei and Kidachi giant crown and nothing. I missed the event and I'm kicking myself for it.

I fear having to go against the Elder Dragons for crowns! Ugh!

I really wish they add events in Rotten Vale & Elder's Recess with all the remaining monsters including the stupid elders

10 minutes ago, VaR0_XxTh3b said:

Just a quick question, as anyone got a reliable way of sizing a Radobaan and an Urogaan, they're the only monster that I cant get a solid way to size them.

+1

Luckily I got both Radobaan crowns + Urogaan mini from normal play, I have no way of telling whether a Urogaan is large or not, since all seem to be giants lol

44 minutes ago, dark69knight said:

I really wish they add events in Rotten Vale & Elder's Recess with all the remaining monsters including the stupid elders

I truly hope they do. And eventually repeat the events from before for those of us that missed them.

Edited by TheSoulGuardian

5/10 on the Elder Dragons. 

From my experience, the quests with at least 1 silver and 1 gold are the way to go. I got a Kushala large crown from a 5 faint, 50 minute investigation, so the 5 faint theory might hold true for the large crowns.

I had a quest that gave me a mini Vaal (I already had, but a friend needed it) and a silver Vaal. Then we had another Vaal that looked bigger than the silver, but didn't update. So, I don't trust sizes anymore. I just go with my gut.