Crown Guide.

LordNEET

45 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I had a quest that gave me a mini Vaal (I already had, but a friend needed it) and a silver Vaal. Then we had another Vaal that looked bigger than the silver, but didn't update. So, I don't trust sizes anymore. I just go with my gut.

My giant gold Vaal was even smaller than some silver Vaals I killed.

I have the feeling that the game is cheating sometimes. All of the visually giant Vaals I've killed I did solo, and they gave me nothing, but when someone joined my hunt I suddenly got the gold crown from not-as-big one.

36 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

My giant gold Vaal was even smaller than some silver Vaals I killed.

I have the feeling that the game is cheating sometimes. All of the visually giant Vaals I've killed I did solo, and they gave me nothing, but when someone joined my hunt I suddenly got the gold crown from not-as-big one.

When I was hunting for mini Teostra yesterday, I could really see the difference when it was just 1 step smaller and a mini. I ran into two or three that were 1 step away and it didn't get me a small crown, but when I finally found one that was few centimeters smaller (could visually see it), it was smallest crown.

I noticed that if you try to measure the monster when it walks uphill or downhill, it distorts the size visually. I've had Teostra walk uphill from Diablo lair looking huge then becoming small as it walks on a flat surface. The best thing to do is always measure when it's not going up or downhill, not even a small slope or low angle

3 minutes ago, xDriverZero said:

You can always 'save scum' if running low on Investigations, this is pure RNG, after downloading previous save small crown Vaal spawned on Investigation I previous got nothing from.

Or try join others investigation session maybe you got into a lucky group with the crown you need its happens to me twice

29 minutes ago, xDriverZero said:

You can always 'save scum' if running low on Investigations, this is pure RNG, after downloading previous save small crown Vaal spawned on Investigation I previous got nothing from.

Yes, and you wont feel bad leaving the quest after checking the monster size just to make the quest harder for host.

1 hour ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Managed to get small nerg today but still cant seem to get small kushala to spawn. Its literally the last elder crown i need. 

Did you measure it, or just chance across it? Is there any way to tell if it's small enough?

Still need small Nerg and both small and large Vaal, but I've not been actively hunting Vaal. I swear, once I get the elders out the way, I'll just wait for event quests for the rest. xD

I'm currently doing only 1 gold, 1 silver reward for both gold crown hunts (they cannot ever have initial attempt count of 8, from my exp.). For small gold crown, I prioritize short time limit quests with as few faints as possible and in giant gold crown hunting vice versa. That seems to work the best. The speculations of these correlations that increase gold crown chance would be eased if Capcom published some facts on this matter.

23 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

Did you measure it, or just chance across it? Is there any way to tell if it's small enough?

Still need small Nerg and both small and large Vaal, but I've not been actively hunting Vaal. I swear, once I get the elders out the way, I'll just wait for event quests for the rest. xD

I couldn't tell how to measure it so I just decided to fight it and on my 3rd try when i ran towards it I was 100% sure it was small nerg based on its size. It is pretty obvious I feel. Small Kushala on the other hand I just can't tell. Every time i think its the smallest one  but it turns out not to be. Yeah once i get small kushala i am going to wait for events to get the rest. 

Edited by abhinandhan22

8 hours ago, xDriverZero said:

Do you mean backup your save and then reload the old file when you run out of investigations? I thought about doing that.... I'm running out of investigations for damn Pukeis. I can't get the giant crown for it or kidachi for the life of me...

The new event quest 'Wildspire Bolero' should function like the other event quest known for giving crowns. 

It contains Kulu Ya Ku, Barroth, Jyuratodus, Rathian and Diablos. 

On my first completion, I managed to get a Large Rathian and Mini Barroth, will be farming a lot more and give updates

EDIT: Took about 2 days of on/off but I ended up getting all the crowns fairly quick by measuring for specific monster(s)

Edited by MansNotFuego

1 hour ago, TheSoulGuardian said:

Do you mean backup your save and then reload the old file when you run out of investigations? I thought about doing that.... I'm running out of investigations for damn Pukeis. I can't get the giant crown for it or kidachi for the life of me...

Yes backup save to USB or cloud then reload when needed.

6 hours ago, MansNotFuego said:

The new event quest 'Wildspire Bolero' should function like the other event quest known for giving crowns. 

It contains Kulu Ya Ku, Barroth, Jyuratodus, Rathian and Diablos. 

On my first completion, I managed to get a Large Rathian and Mini Barroth, will be farming a lot more and give updates

It is already confirmed that this is the case. Don't go out of your way for no reason lol.