Crown Guide.

LordNEET

33 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

Despairing at ever getting a small crown Vaal...it's always the small ones that cause trouble...

Funny.. I always have trouble getting the Big ones :D But im Not far away beeing done with the elder dragons, Just missing Big kirin and Mini teostra at this point. 

1 hour ago, shinkyo- said:

I’m slightly over 300 hours into the game, but I had much success farming elder dragon crowns (~one crown/day) after I finally yield to using the YouTube guide (rather than blindly hunting them hoping for crowns), the only one as of now, of using your hunter to measure the height of the feet of the Monster.

Currently left with large crown Nergigante with regards to elder dragons, feeling rather optimistic on the platinum for this.

Best of luck to everyone.

nerg is pain in the ass to measure because sometimes he doesn't clean his wing for about 5 min , and i decided to kill every nerg because it's way faster lol.

8 hours ago, TheJadedJay said:

Everyone is talking about the Elder dragons... while I pull my hair out trying to just find mini Barroth and mini Kulu after trying for over three days with almost 9 hours straight each day spent on the game just crown hunting then generating more investigations as I run out. I can't seem to generate remotely similar investigations to the successful ones I see on here and the event currently out only gives me giant crowns. I will be happy when I never have to see either of them again. 
At least if you have Horizon Zero Dawn the Aloy event mission gives a giant Anjananth crown. Or at least it did for me. Somehow I feel mini is going to elude me though and cause me just as much misery as Kulu and Barroth... 

I haven't even tried for the Elder crowns yet. I'm still stuck fixing the fact that I missed Pukei, Kidachi, and Ratholos from not knowing the first event gave all the crowns.

After three days of trying I finally got Pukei on my first try of the fourth day, but now I'm struggling with Kidachi. I can't get the same investigations either. The RNG is ridiculous. I want the plat so bad. I've invested too many hours not to at this point. Over 200...

I wish you luck, friend. I hope I have luck, too.

59 minutes ago, sibuls said:

nerg is pain in the ass to measure because sometimes he doesn't clean his wing for about 5 min , and i decided to kill every nerg because it's way faster lol.

Yea.. I’m currently going with that route for 15 mins investigations with at least a gold reward. Due to the lack of time, feel it’s better to just wing it.

• Like 1

I swear, size has nothing to do with the actual number you get. My hunter's height was DEAD ON Vaal Hazak's outward bend, and the size was 1900 something. I am not amused at all.

...I did get three gems out of the rewards, though >.>

EDIT: Second time's the charm! Although there was literally no difference in size between the first one I did and the second one. Sweating bullets the whole time because it was a 1 faint 15 minute quest >.<

Edited by Celesteela

52 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

No progress made today. Giant Black Diablos is a bitch and I can't even tell if its large or small. Had some help from @Xugashi and @BlackTorito but still nothing...

the best way to measure diablos/.black diablos for me is from how high is the head from your hunter , use stone and ghilie mantle to make it easier for you to measure it.

11 hours ago, TheJadedJay said:

Everyone is talking about the Elder dragons... while I pull my hair out trying to just find mini Barroth and mini Kulu after trying for over three days with almost 9 hours straight each day spent on the game just crown hunting then generating more investigations as I run out. I can't seem to generate remotely similar investigations to the successful ones I see on here and the event currently out only gives me giant crowns. I will be happy when I never have to see either of them again. 
At least if you have Horizon Zero Dawn the Aloy event mission gives a giant Anjananth crown. Or at least it did for me. Somehow I feel mini is going to elude me though and cause me just as much misery as Kulu and Barroth... 

I had to kill 98 Kulu-Ya-Ku for giant gold and 97 Diablos for giant, but only 16 Nergigante for both gold from them. Luck.

6 hours ago, Talos_AI said:

You’ll know if the diablos or black diablos is small gold. Trust me it’s so tiny that it’s hilarious. Admittedly the large gold is harder to judge.

Yeah small crown was really easy to tell. Large is the one i am struggling with

6 hours ago, sibuls said:

the best way to measure diablos/.black diablos for me is from how high is the head from your hunter , use stone and ghilie mantle to make it easier for you to measure it.

I have been using ghille mantle but i have been using its hind legs to try and measure size

3 hours ago, xDriverZero said:

Has anyone ever got gold crown from bronze, silver or bronze/silver only investigations?

Nope, from what i've been reading, the two most important things are number of faints and atleast one gold & one silver rewards! still is not 100% accurate, but has a better chance to pop a gold mini/large crown.

Edited by Arielferrari19

26 minutes ago, julinhonoturno said:

Anyone have any idea how to measure the Mini Lavasioth?, I'm getting annoyed

walk beside it's left leg. If the bright red spot on it's left leg below your head. It's probably mini size.

Someone told this on reddit.

Edited by Redsailles
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

It's not updated yet though? Wait until Friday, at least.

It is. See the last column. From 9th March

4 minutes ago, dark69knight said:

Yup we never know if they bring this event back or not

Capcom confirmed that weekly events will rotate, so yeah they will return

Edited by skroq
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, skroq said:

Capcom confirmed that weekly events will rotate, so yeah they will return

That will be great for those who didn't make it

2 minutes ago, Zygo89pl said:

Yeah, another 10 free Crowns.
I'm wondering - there will be any Event with Elders? 

Hopefully they make the last two maps at least am ok with that