LordNEET

Crown Guide.

1,430 posts in this topic

Finally gotten the large crown for Nergi, with that, concludes all crowns there are for the elder dragons.

 

For those who are keen, I used 2 indications to discern whether it is a potential giant crown:

 

Instead of using the height of its tail, I used a different approach by observing the following…

1) Its heels are about a head taller than your hunter
2) Similarly, the tip of its wings at its feet ends are about a head taller as well

 

Video "guide" can be found on my Twitter page:

 

Happy crown hunting everyone and good luck. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got my small Rathian from the event, just on time.

 

Still no luck with giant black diablos, it seems the heel is almot half your character size higher (at least for silver).

Edited by BlackTorito
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

Finally got my small Rathian from the event, just on time.

 

Still no luck with giant black diablos, it seems the heel is almot half your character size higher (at least for silver).

Im struggling with Black Diablos also. I can never tell and I get bored fighting him lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shinkyo- said:

Finally gotten the large crown for Nergi, with that, concludes all crowns there are for the elder dragons.

 

For those who are keen, I used 2 indications to discern whether it is a potential giant crown:

 

Instead of using the height of its tail, I used a different approach by observing the following…

1) Its heels are about a head taller than your hunter
2) Similarly, the tip of its wings at its feet ends are about a head taller as well

 

Video "guide" can be found on my Twitter page:

 

Happy crown hunting everyone and good luck. 

 

This helps a lot, i could never be too sure when just measuring the tail and ended up fighting him a lot without any results.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initially this started as an Investigation list thread, but since it's pure RNG, I think what might be more helpful for a guide would be a list of size measurements...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

Initially this started as an Investigation list thread, but since it's pure RNG, I think what might be more helpful for a guide would be a list of size measurements...

Agreed. Also its been published an official guide for the game in japanese, it may hold some information on crowns.

Edited by BlackTorito
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2018 at 3:51 AM, BlackTorito said:

Just got one who didnt even fit the screen, it was a freaking SILVER.

I had that happen with val the other day I would of bet money it was gold just to end up with a silver. I don't know which is worse thinking it's gold to get silver or look8ng at other players golds to see your biggest or smallest is less than 15 pounds off. I've got 3 monsters that are within 15 pounds of a gold.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The event quest "The Proving" give you a guarantee gold Anjanath crown.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got any tips for measuring Black Diablos? I'm after a giant one, but they all look the same...

 

This whole thing is really wearing me down. I might take a break over the weekend to play Shadow of the Colossus or something. Being at the mercy of RNG for too long really saps your energy to keep going; it's not even a proper grind, as at least you know how long a grind will take and have a guaranteed result...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone earlier said Capcom confirmed that event quests will rotate. 

Where was this confirmed? I can't find it anywhere.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Celesteela said:

Initially this started as an Investigation list thread, but since it's pure RNG, I think what might be more helpful for a guide would be a list of size measurements...

 

 

It's not really pure RNG if there's more of a chance to get crown drops in 3-retry silver and gold reward investigations. Telling people size requirement without the info that weekly events for the different areas and low retry investigations have higher chances at crowns will just set people down the wrong path for grinding

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuuuukn finally!!! Finally mini vaal hazak after like 4 days of pure grinding! Its 10pm here and work day tomorrow, thank you RNG gods for your mercy. 93 kills

 

Guys.. I joined a 30min 1 faint normal investigation, 1 silver 1 gold. It was 4 players.

 

When I saw how small it was, I knew it was the one. I wasnt gonna let any noob cart on me, so I went and pulled out the ethernet cable lmaoo, went in offline mode and solo'd the damn thing. After sweaty 15mins it was dead... 1843! Absolute smallest!

 

Great! And tomorrow coral crowns!!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still didn't get giant gold crown for nergi... after 142 kills and 30 gem. i only need him for the platz...................

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sibuls said:

still didn't get giant gold crown for nergi... after 142 kills and 30 gem. i only need him for the platz...................

Hey, got any tips for Kirin? Nobody is posting investigations and I have none

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a more reliable of measuring Teostra than his knees? Been looking for a big one the past 2 days and not only is it difficult to get this thing level it is really hard to tell just how much bigger than my hunter his leg has to be.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Hey, got any tips for Kirin? Nobody is posting investigations and I have none

largest kirin = your head can't touch his belly , smallest kirin = your head is in similar height as his blue line ,

 

even your head doesn't touch his belly the chance to get silver crown is pretty high for me.

 

this video has been posted before so i reposted.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JustOneStingray said:

Is there a more reliable of measuring Teostra than his knees? Been looking for a big one the past 2 days and not only is it difficult to get this thing level it is really hard to tell just how much bigger than my hunter his leg has to be.

Yes, this is what I did.

First, I tried to measure his mane, got giant on the first try though lol, was lucky

Anyways, for mini I did this. Check his horizontal spikes on his right side if you are playing on wildspire waste when he sits down. I figured that if the largest spike is pointing you below your eyes (used dragon eyepatch), it's a mini. Just stand next to him on his right side, place your character close to the largest spike and look to the left, facing it. If the point is in the same level as your eyes or above, not a mini.

6 minutes ago, sibuls said:

largest kirin = your head can't touch his belly , smallest kirin = your head is in similar height as his blue line ,

 

even your head doesn't touch his belly the chance to get silver crown is pretty high for me.

 

this video has been posted before so i reposted.

Thanks for the repost, but I mean if you have any tips for collecting investigations or joining them, since I have 0 currently and nobody is posting Kirin!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sibuls said:

still didn't get giant gold crown for nergi... after 142 kills and 30 gem. i only need him for the platz...................

Large Nerg was the worst for me, it was 8-10 hours of only measuring his size, fought him maybe 5 times.

 

Finally after really struggling with every Elder Dragon I got both Kirin crowns in 90 minutes.

I'm done with measuring monsters for a while, gonna wait for events and finally play the game again :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giant Vaal Hazak gives me and my friend real trouble... my friend has around 140 kills on him and got nothing so far.

 

Im exactly at 51 kills and the funny part is that of course we measure sizes and only kill the big ones.

 

I killed 8 vaal in a row which had the exact same height difference as in the video, i dont know how this thing could be even bigger than this...

 

Anyone got giant vaal in a normal Investigation?

 

Most ppl i know got it from tempered vaal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got one Vall crown from normal and one from tempered, i'm not sure if I got large from  normal or tempered but i think it was from tempered.

Edited by xDriverZero
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Celesteela said:

Anyone got any tips for measuring Black Diablos? I'm after a giant one, but they all look the same...

 

This whole thing is really wearing me down. I might take a break over the weekend to play Shadow of the Colossus or something. Being at the mercy of RNG for too long really saps your energy to keep going; it's not even a proper grind, as at least you know how long a grind will take and have a guaranteed result...

Its feet are giant, like really really giant. Is the most bigger monster after Zorah and Xeno’jiiva.

 

One of the difficulties of measuring diablos is that he is actually pretty big in normal size, but the gold is actually giant.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xDriverZero said:

Got one Vall crown from normal and one from tempered, i'm not sure if I got large from  normal or tempered but i think it was from tempered.

As ppl said it shouldnt be a thing if tempered or not but maybe its the way to go for hazak idk.

 

Will try a few tempered then.

 

Everytime i open up a quest or join somebody i be like "this is the one" or "this thing is fucking huge" ^^

Edited by KingTom95
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New event up. Pink Rathian,Tzitzi,Legiana and Paolumu.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

As ppl said it shouldnt be a thing if tempered or not but maybe its the way to go for hazak idk.

 

Will try a few tempered then.

 

Everytime i open up a quest or join somebody i be like "this is the one" or "this thing is fucking huge" ^^

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was pure coincidence, remaining 9 Elder Dragons crowns came from normal investigations.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.