Crown Guide.

LordNEET

6 hours ago, qwerty407 said:

Glad that the crown quests will be back for those who missed out the first time. :) Hopefully they're back around once I get going in the game. Still, checking these threads regularly for hints and tips until then. :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brOwniiez said:

139 Uragaan kills and still sitting at a giant silver crown

All I can do is laugh. This is ridiculous 

I know how you feel. I've already killed 30 Lavasioth, and I've gone into over 100 quests comparing the size of your paw and nothing! 

2 hours ago, MichaelKuma said:

I know how you feel. I've already killed 30 Lavasioth, and I've gone into over 100 quests comparing the size of your paw and nothing! 

Done over 200 Kirin investigation, 2 silver crowns is my reward.

Doesn't count it, but I think I completed the previous 5-monster event for 30-40 times, and got all of the crowns (minis and giants too) for all of the monsters - except the miniature rathian one...when I saw the size of that thing, all the time I said "this must be it, its so tiny that is must be it" - and nothing. Not even a crownless "smallest" title on the result screen. Hope I get it from an investigation soon...

In the meantime I completing the research for most of the monsters, and get mini crowns on solo investigations for an uragaan and a paluomu. At least these are coming fairly easy. These two were a normal, 50 minute, 6* and 7* investigations with gold rewards.

2 minutes ago, MichaelKuma said:

I'm tired of defeating Lavasioth, someone wants to search with me and do together? Each one looks for in his game and if finds send a message to the other one to defeat and to catch the giant crown?

Hey, I would help but I got large.. Need mini though, if you find one please hit me up

when people here saying " it's not pure RNG" and most of the people searching crown here wasting time like 8 hours to 1- 3 days for 1 crown makes me laugh....

and even searching for 2 silver 1 gold investigation is hell itself...... yeah it's not "pure RNG" but "heavily relied on RNG"

and finally got my plat after 4 days of Nergigante hunting......... tell me that is not pure RNG when i already wasted many investigation with 2 silver and 1 gold and it doesn't give me nothing , i got it from 1 bronze,1 silver , and 1 gold.

The new event quest of 7-star investigation seems to yield about as often golden crowns as previous great hunting event quests, despite the fact that it's not 5-monster quest. So, I'd say it's definitely worth grinding it for trophies. For people that farm all the monsters in it, I suggest running straight to map section 5 to engage Pink Rathian followed by Paolumu landing soon after. Tzitzi-Ya-Ku tends to wander to this section as well.

Edited by vex1993
Added grinding tip

Managed to finally get Large gold crown Black diablos today but @Erkawest couldn't join my investigation because some asshole joined my investigation and left immediately making it mp difficulty. my god it was a nightmare having to defeat black diablos in an investigation with diablos as well with MP health. Those of you hunting for black diablos make sure the kneecap is one head taller than your character. Also got all the crowns from the event quest this week. 41/56 crowns. time to wait for capcom to update the event schedule. Anyone know how to measure a bazel effectively? 

Edited by abhinandhan22
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Managed to finally get Large gold crown Black diablos today but @Erkawest couldn't join my session because some asshole joined my investigation and left immediately making it mp difficulty. my god it was a nightmare having to defeat black diablos in an investigation with diablos as well with MP health. Those of you hunting for black diablos make sure the kneecap is one head taller than your character. Also got all the crowns from the event quest this week. 41/56 crowns. time to wait for capcom to update the event schedule. Anyone know how to measure a bagel effectively? 

1 HEAD TALLER THAN MY DUDE.

THE TRUTH COMES OUT FINALLY YESSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brOwniiez said:

I’ve been fighting Uragaan over the past 4 days, Hunted him over 155 times now.

I haven’t tried today but I’m already tired thinking about it lol

If you have other Elder Recess monsters left to golden, you could try doing other investigations in that area and checking out Uragaan in them even if it's not your hunt target. From my experience, all Brute Wyverns' sizes are hard to tell for a naked eye.

1 hour ago, vex1993 said:

The new event quest of 7-star investigation seems to yield about as often golden crowns as previous great hunting event quests, despite the fact that it's not 5-monster quest. So, I'd say it's definitely worth grinding it for trophies. For people that farm all the monsters in it, I suggest running straight to map section 5 to engage Pink Rathian followed by Paolumu landing soon after. Tzitzi-Ya-Ku tends to wander to this section as well.

I still haven't gotten a gold crown from the coral waltz. I don't know if the drop rate is as high as the last two five monster events. 

Does everyone have elders here already? I've spent the last 4 days almost exclusively farming them and I'm just having no luck. 2 days ago I got a small Kush and since then I've been farming Teo with no luck. I run in, check sizes, exhaust all my investigation tries, reset my save. Am I really just that unlucky?

25 minutes ago, ProfessorStotch said:

Does everyone have elders here already? I've spent the last 4 days almost exclusively farming them and I'm just having no luck. 2 days ago I got a small Kush and since then I've been farming Teo with no luck. I run in, check sizes, exhaust all my investigation tries, reset my save. Am I really just that unlucky?

Still grinding big kushala and mini nergi here.