Crown Guide.

LordNEET

4 hours ago, OH_EXIE said:

Just got my large Legiana and it looked smaller than half the ones I killed today. Now I just need a large pink rathian. Were you able to measure it at all? I don't know what specific features I should be looking for

I've been trying to use my height in relation to its heels when it lands...I think a large one will have heels slightly above your hunter's head.

That said, I had a lot of Pink Raths that fit that criterion, so I'm afraid I can't tell you much more than that, there probably isn't a huge amount of difference between a gold and a silver >.<

1 hour ago, Celesteela said:

I've been trying to use my height in relation to its heels when it lands...I think a large one will have heels slightly above your hunter's head.

That said, I had a lot of Pink Raths that fit that criterion, so I'm afraid I can't tell you much more than that, there probably isn't a huge amount of difference between a gold and a silver >.<

Yea you're probably right about that. I'll just have to continue my hunt for her tomorrow

I have a horrible feeling I'm going to spend the entire weekend trying to get Legiana crowns and not get either of them...so much for an increased chance. I've broken my record for large Tzi twice now in an effort to get Legiana >.>

Edited by Celesteela

It was not the crown of Lavasioth, but finally I got a giant crown in 5 days! I just got the giant crown of Kushala Daora! Now I just need to find the giant Lavasioth for my platinum! ??

Kushala Daora Tempered

5 attempts, 1 faints, 30 minutes

Edited by MichaelKuma
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

Got giant Kirin gold crown, after running about 250 fruitless investigations in 4 days.

5 attempts, 2 faints, 30 minutes, bronze+silver+gold.

Its size was the same as silver crown Kirins.

Oh my! Congratulations! I followed your journey, I'm glad you finally succeeded! 250 is a lot, but I'm pretty much on that path with Lavasioth. But I'm so happy with my Kushala crown that I'm not even calling Lavasioth anymore, just kidding, I hope I can get it soon enough. How many crowns are missing for you?

4 minutes ago, MichaelKuma said:

Oh my! Congratulations! I followed your journey, I'm glad you finally succeeded! 250 is a lot, but I'm pretty much on that path with Lavasioth. But I'm so happy with my Kushala crown that I'm not even calling Lavasioth anymore, just kidding, I hope I can get it soon enough. How many crowns are missing for you?

17 left, I'm planning to do elders and black diablos and leave the rest to crown events. Still need mini Kushala, both Teostra and both Black Diablos crowns.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Finished black diablos yesterday, took me about 5hours for both.

My last elder dragon is Kirin but I have 0 investigations. How do you guys collect these?

Send Tailraider Safari into Coral Highlands.

I have a horrible feeling I'm going to spend the entire weekend trying to get Legiana crowns and not get either of them...so much for an increased chance. I've broken my record for large Tzi twice now in an effort to get Legiana >.>

Hahaha nothing compared to me, in 6 tries I got pink rathian 3x gold crown  and  2x small crown. 

Everyone should really try the sos method out. I managed to get 3 crowns(large oda,large azure and small bazel) today in about 3.5hrs and i had no idea how to measure any of those. Also got a large silver lavasioth. Left with 12 crowns(radobaan,giros,bazel,lavasioth,dodogama,azure and uragaaan)

4 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

How big does Legiana even have to be...I just had one where my hunter didn't quite reach the joint in its leg and it wasn't even a large silver. It was HUGE and I got nothing for it. What the hell, game...

Wish I could help you out, but when I fought mine it looked the same to me. Also, do you have large Paolumu? I can't tell either.

29 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Everyone should really try the sos method out. I managed to get 3 crowns(large oda,large azure and small bazel) today in about 3.5hrs and i had no idea how to measure any of those. Also got a large silver lavasioth. Left with 12 crowns(radobaan,giros,bazel,lavasioth,dodogama,azure and uragaaan)

How do you filter these out? Only join SOS of players over HR100? Tempered?

22 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Wish I could help you out, but when I fought mine it looked the same to me. Also, do you have large Paolumu? I can't tell either.

Yeah, I have a large Lumu. I think you can tell by your height in comparison to its leg; your hunter should be around the joint, or only slightly taller. For me it was right next to Pink Rath and they weren't actually all that different in size, I thought initially that I had a small Rath.

I think a lot of monsters are actually thicker around the legs. Not sure if that helps or not, but it's something to look out for.

I am so close to just giving up on this whole thing; even on quests with an increased chance there is practically nothing. I suppose the increase is from 0.1% to 0.2% or something, haha.

Yeah, I have a large Lumu. I think you can tell by your height in comparison to its leg; your hunter should be around the joint, or only slightly taller. For me it was right next to Pink Rath and they weren't actually all that different in size, I thought initially that I had a small Rath.

I think a lot of monsters are actually thicker around the legs. Not sure if that helps or not, but it's something to look out for.

I am so close to just giving up on this whole thing; even on quests with an increased chance there is practically nothing. I suppose the increase is from 0.1% to 0.2% or something, haha.

The ankle join right? Not where the "knee" is?

22 hours ago, ProfessorStotch said:

Does everyone have elders here already? I've spent the last 4 days almost exclusively farming them and I'm just having no luck. 2 days ago I got a small Kush and since then I've been farming Teo with no luck. I run in, check sizes, exhaust all my investigation tries, reset my save. Am I really just that unlucky?

Save scummed both Teostra, got a small Nerg without really trying but that’s about it. Teostra was a 2 silver 1 gold, 3 repetitions 30 minutes for the curious. Probably ran it about a dozen times before getting both crowns.

5 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Finished black diablos yesterday, took me about 5hours for both.

My last elder dragon is Kirin but I have 0 investigations. How do you guys collect these?

Go do the coral waltz like 5 times and then go check your investigations. After doing it a few times yesterday I had over 15 kirin investigations

Edited by OH_EXIE

Just got a large crown black diablos from a 3 tries / 1 gold, 2 silver reward / normal HR great hunting investigation (with a Barroth).

What some say about doing multi hunts resulting in monsters having lesser HP, translating to possibly smaller monsters and raising the odds of getting miniature crowns may not necessarily be true..

Edit: Faint 3 time(s) / 30 minutes

Edited by shinkyo-

I've given up on Coral Waltz and gone back to regular Investigations, because I honestly do not believe it can spawn a gold crown Legiana. It doesn't matter how big they appear, they're not big enough. It's gone beyond the point of bad luck at this point.

Edited by Celesteela