Crown Guide.

LordNEET

6 hours ago, xDriverZero said:

It's always some monster that is giving me trouble, pure RNG have nothing to do with your research level.

This week got 7/8 crown within an hour and another 10-15+ hours for large crown Legiana :)

Same as you mate i only need a large Legiana and ive had so many that look massive compared to others and no luck just a shit silver crown.

13 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Damn, it really worked. Some 251 was hosting Odageron and got me smallest crown

Does anybody know if bronze-bronze-gold-gold can give crowns? Seen many high lvls run SOS on these but not sure if worth joining

can you get both mini and large crowns from the same investigation? 

i just got a mini pukei pukei with my first try, if yes i ll farm it.. i missed the ancient forest event

-30 min, 3 tries, 3 faints

-1 silver, 1 gold rewards, 8820z, hunting

-6 stars 

7 minutes ago, Darpiom said:

can you get both mini and large crowns from the same investigation? 

i just got a mini pukei pukei with my first try, if yes i ll farm it.. i missed the ancient forest event

-30 min, 3 tries, 3 faints

-1 silver, 1 gold rewards, 8820z, hunting

-6 stars 

On ٣‏/٣‏/٢٠١٨ at 3:39 AM, dark69knight said:

It happen to me once with Teostra got giant and small crown from the same investigation 

Edited by dark69knight

Platinum feels so close.. Just finished Kirin within 15 kills (2 faints, 30min for large)

What's left:

*Mini Great Girros

*Mini Lavasioth

*Large Great Girros

*Large Odagoron

*Large Bazelgeuse

*Large Uragaan

*Large Azure Rathalos

2 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Platinum feels so close.. Just finished Kirin within 15 kills (2 faints, 30min for large)

What's left:

*Mini Great Girros

*Mini Lavasioth

*Large Great Girros

*Large Odagoron

*Large Bazelgeuse

*Large Uragaan

*Large Azure Rathalos

I am missing most of these as well. 11 crowns left personally 
Both Girros

Both lavasioth
Large Bazel
Large Uragaan
small azure rate
Both radobaan
Both dodogama

FINALLY got Legiana, on an Investigation. Which I solo'd, because it was 1 faint and I didn't want to risk losing it. xD

12 crowns to go now! Going back to Black Diablos...which all look exactly the same. Or at the very least, being shorter than the back of its leg seems to be standard size and not good enough. I'm running out of Investigations for it too, and literally nobody is doing them...

31 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

FINALLY got Legiana, on an Investigation. Which I solo'd, because it was 1 faint and I didn't want to risk losing it. xD

12 crowns to go now! Going back to Black Diablos...which all look exactly the same. Or at the very least, being shorter than the back of its leg seems to be standard size and not good enough. I'm running out of Investigations for it too, and literally nobody is doing them...

Im looking for giant Black Diablos too if you want to do it at the same time.

16 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Does anybody know if bronze-bronze-gold-gold can give crowns? Seen many high lvls run SOS on these but not sure if worth joining

Those normally come with 8 tries, didn't hear anyone getting crowns from those investigations.

Edited by Arielferrari19

Something is wrong with Lavasioth, didn't get a small one the entire day.. Not even close to gold crown. Brought a friend to try the smallest i I found and it was still 120 away...

Edit: Nevermind just got it!

Small Lavasioth was from a 15min dodogama, but I went for non quest target instead

Edited by Erkawest

Got all the giant and miniature gold crowns from the Coral Waltz event apart from the mini Legiana. Fingers crossed I get it today. I now have all crowns for Barroth, Pink Rathian, Titzi Ya-Ku and the white puffball monster (whose name I keep forgetting ?). I still need to max out the research level for the white puffball monster but I reckon I have at least another 100 hours game time before I get the platinum so I'm in no rush to clear it. 

That's 4 monsters down. 24 monsters to go. :D

Finally got vaal hazak large crown.

In over 70 kills i have seen a lot of big ones but only two of them were really really big and both of them were tempered.

First time my team carted and second time i decide to disconnect and try it on my own and got a large crown. So tempered is maybe the way to got for vaal since i couldnt find anyone which got it from a normal investigation.

It was 3 rewards, 3 faints, 50min, 46k Money as upsurge.

But as someone before mentioned we should rather post screenshots of big and small ones instead of posting parameters.

I had a Kirin investigation which was exactly the same as someone added to his google sheet and i save scummed this quest a lot and end up getting nothing.

Edited by KingTom95

7 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

Finally got vaal hazak large crown.

In over 70 kills i have seen a lot of big ones but only two of them were really really big and both of them were tempered.

First time my team carted and second time i decide to disconnect and try it on my own and got a large crown. So tempered is maybe the way to got for vaal since i couldnt find anyone which got it from a normal investigation.

It was 3 rewards, 3 faints, 50min, 46k Money as upsurge.

But as someone before mentioned we should rather post screenshots of big and small ones instead of posting parameters.

I had a Kirin investigation which was exactly the same as someone added to his google sheet and i save scummed this quest a lot and end up getting nothing.

seems like everyone killed a large amount of vaal hazaak to get a crown. I still need it's mini crown

53 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

seems like everyone killed a large amount of vaal hazaak to get a crown. I still need it's mini crown

Seems to be every elder have to be killed quite often unless you get really lucky, already killed nergi around 50 times and missing large as well.

Easiest is kirin imo cause his size difference from small to big is only 200.

I approached a big Kirin 3 times, first time silver 649, second time silver 654 and last time finally gold with around 660 i think.

And that theory about vaal is bullshit cause my friend got his large one 20 mins later as me from a normal investigation. 

It was bronze, silver, gold with 3 faints, 14580 z and 30 mins.

But it was a small large one with 2598, mine was 2619.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTom95 said:

Seems to be every elder have to be killed quite often unless you get really lucky, already killed nergi around 50 times and missing large as well.

Easiest is kirin imo cause his size difference from small to big is only 200.

I approached a big Kirin 3 times, first time silver 649, second time silver 654 and last time finally gold with around 660 i think.

And that theory about vaal is bullshit cause my friend got his large one 20 mins later as me from a normal investigation. 

It was bronze, silver, gold with 3 faints, 14580 z and 30 mins.

But it was a small large one with 2598, mine was 2619.

Not for my experience: 22 kills, got mini and large gold crowns, i am agree with you about the non-tempered investigations, got both from normal investigations.

Maybe 22 kills its a small amount but not when you leave your hunts :)

Gratz to everyone on their achievements lately :)

I'm missing Large Teostra and Large Black Diablos for plat so hopefully i can get those soon.

Edit: Just got Large Teostra, had a mini celebration around my room. 1 more!

Edited by Jarod1990
  • Like 2

Large uragaan keeps trolling me very hard. More than 70 kills with no result, large versions all looks exactly the same. I save videos with measurements for some monsters  if anyone need them ill share.

Edited by Greidis

8 hours ago, OoBoshoO said:

does capturing the monster still give you miniature and giant crowns and also does the event flesh cleaved to bone give you gold crowns for it being a 5 star Aka low rank 

1. Yes capture gives crowns

2. No don't think any low rank gives gold beside silver crowns