Crown Guide.

LordNEET

Something weird happen to me two days ago i hope its continue

after start up the game i as always start farming on vall on my first try i found one looks a bit smaller then the once i killed i told my self fuck it am gonna kill you

and surprise got giant crown and nothing else for the rest of the day but am ok with it

a day after this i start up the game walk up to Nergigante for giant crown and the same thing happen got giant crown on the first try

hopefully this happen today with Kushala Daora need the small crown he is the final elder dragon on my list

1 hour ago, dark69knight said:

after start up the game i as always start farming on vall on my first try i found one looks a bit smaller then the once i killed i told my self fuck it am gonna kill you

and surprise got giant crown and nothing else for the rest of the day but am ok with it

a day after this i start up the game walk up to Nergigante for giant crown and the same thing happen got giant crown on the first try

hopefully this happen today with Kushala Daora need the small crown he is the final elder dragon on my list

RNG in it's purest form.

So I took a break from Black Diablos and started to do investigations of 3 tries for Legiana plus Odogaron as an extra and got both out of the way in a bit more than an hour.

I did 5 attempts ones in between and I only got close to crowns but it wasnt until I did 3 tries ones that I got my crowns, so I guess 5 ones only works within extreme conditions like 15 min/1 faint otherwise they aint enough.

This was after a dry weekend full of desperation.

Those who in need for large/mini kirin. I really suggest that you try to respond on SOS investigations. People hate kirin and usually dont kill him for fun so they probably grind him for crowns too. I’ve seen big kirin 3 times today and 1 was near crown small (515)

Edited by Greidis

9 hours ago, dark69knight said:

The same thing happened to me on separate days with Pukei and Kidachi.

6 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Finally the game broke me. No progress at all in the 5hrs i played today. Bunch of size updates but 0 crowns. Getting really annoyed. Wish they would just confirm the rotten vale and elders recess events quickly

Same here just got my final elder dragon crown the remaining are all rotten vale and elders recess monsters plus black diablos and bazegeuse

Edited by dark69knight

13 minutes ago, dark69knight said:

Same here just got my final elder dragon crown the remaining are all rotten vale and elders recess monsters plus black diablos and bazegeuse

congrats! I find it hilarious how I didn't rage when kushala took me quite a while to get but I got damn annoyed farming the elders recess monsters. 

2 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

congrats! I find it hilarious how I didn't rage when kushala took me quite a while to get but I got damn annoyed farming the elders recess monsters. 

Thanks mate actually i got kushala crown by joining sos cuz i ran out of investigation which i see it hilarious

is this still up idk

i got small kula crown, he was about the same size as my character...

Investigation Rank: 6* Wildspire Waste

Investigation Type: Hunt (Kulu-Ya-Ku)

Conditions: HR 11 or higher; Max Players 2

Time Limit: 15 minutes

Rewards: Bronze / Silver / Gold / Gold

Rate Up: Reward Money; Gathering Points

so I read that they really only pop with investigations that have 3 retries.  Is this fact or myth?

I also seem to think that if you use a lucky voucher before a quest you will more than likely get a gold large/small.  At least with the event quests

Edited by RauCHeN-ToKEN

On 04/03/2018 at 5:21 PM, Arielferrari19 said:

Those normally come with 8 tries, didn't hear anyone getting crowns from those investigations.

I just had an 8 attempt Lavasioth investigation, rewards are 1 x Bronze and 3 x Gold, I got a Giant Gold Crown on my second attempt and a Mini Gold Crown on my 5th attempt.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThePhatMatt said:

I just had an 8 attempt Lavasioth investigation, rewards are 1 x Bronze and 3 x Gold, I got a Giant Gold Crown on my second attempt and a Mini Gold Crown on my 5th attempt.

Was it 15 min or 1 faint? I guess gold slots is what counts..

Just now, BlackTorito said:

Was it 15 min or 1 faint? I guess gold slots is what counts..

7 star, 15 minute time limit, max player limit of 2, faint limit of 2. It might have something to do with the unusual conditions, 2 faints might increase the chance just as much as 1 faint, because it's not the norm. It could honestly be completely random, we won't know unless the strategy guide sheds some light on it.

5 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Giant Legiana in this weeks event is getting annoying killed it way to many times and been trying over 15 hours for that crown only.

same, and it really sucks because it doesn't spawn until you kill another monster.  I need the large crown and it's getting annoying, although all these crowns are getting annoying xD

Getting close with both trophies, these were my new ones for the weekend

I missed Rathalos from the event so I had to hunt his giant one normally, glad I got from that trio of tempered, just as a side note, try 13-30 minutes investigation more for small ones, don't know why but I finally got Radoban and Black Diablos like this.

2 small to go and 6 large for the plat xD

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RauCHeN-ToKEN said:

so I read that they really only pop with investigations that have 3 retries.  Is this fact or myth?

I also seem to think that if you use a lucky voucher before a quest you will more than likely get a gold large/small.  At least with the event quests

I got some crowns from 5 tries investigations like the mini gold crown kirin, mini lavasioth, large azure rathalos, and a few more that i don't remember.

Got the platinum today.

I used the method explained by spiddel, just focus on 3 and 5 reps contracts.

My best advice is to focus on 3 reps investigations with a silver-silver-gold or silver-gold reward.

I got my last 5 crowns just doing this in less than 5 hours.

I needed big nergi, small and big teostra and kushala.

I even got both crowns for teostra on the same investigation (if i remember, a silver-silver-gold-gold 2 players 0 death allowed -the best possible ??-).

Big nergi and both kushala were silver-silver-gold.

If you dont have that type of investigation, try to find an SOS flare, its worth a try instead of farming 5 reps contracts.

Just do the same for normal monsters.

To make it clear, if you want to get a black diablo, its better to farm a silver-silver-gold investigation on pink rathian (black diablo should be on the map aswell) than farming worse contracts.

When you farm, you should be able to notice when a monster is big, small or average. It saves a lot of time if you abandon quest, go back to camp when you're not interested. 

But some of them are harder to measure properly and you should kill them all if you have any doubt. I had the most difficulties for lavasioth/juryatodus, radobaan/uragaan and diablos.

EDIT: i can confirm gold crown from 5 reps investigations. But you should not prioritize them. Use them to understand how to measure a monster (belly, head, legs and knee ?), get more investigations, etc.

Edited by kierkegaaard