Crown Guide.

LordNEET

5 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

5 attempts investigations; 2 large silver crowns on a row (Kirin) plus every single one from there that my head couldnt touch the belly wasnt a gold so more silvers.

Of course, after that I farm for more 3 attempts ones; first one I launch is a giant gold. 

So from this pattern I would advise to throw away 5 ones; or you could end with a huge dry strike losing your sanity or either you are incredibly lucky to get some crowns (maybe some monster can drop their crowns on higher attempts ones, but I would bet those are mostly the easier to kill ones)

Edited by BlackTorito

4 crowns yesterday. FOUR! Both Lavasioth back-to-back from the same investigation, large Urugaan, and mini Bazel. I'm in shock...especially over the Lavasioth. I was expecting that one to be the worst of the lot. Now I only need 7 crowns - mini Azure Rath, mini Odogaron, both Dodogama and Radobaan, and mini Great Girros. Could easily take me another 100 hours, but I have renewed hope the game won't troll me into oblivion like it did with Kirin and Legiana.

Really hate how the search for SOS just cycles you through the same 5 or 6 batches of quests though. Bad game design is bad.

Can anyone confirm that you need to be above Rathalos' knee joint for it to be a mini crown? I've had my hunter at roughly the same height as it a few times now but it isn't giving me anything, so I was wondering if that's what I should be aiming for.

1 hour ago, Celesteela said:

4 crowns yesterday. FOUR! Both Lavasioth back-to-back from the same investigation, large Urugaan, and mini Bazel. I'm in shock...especially over the Lavasioth. I was expecting that one to be the worst of the lot. Now I only need 7 crowns - mini Azure Rath, mini Odogaron, both Dodogama and Radobaan, and mini Great Girros. Could easily take me another 100 hours, but I have renewed hope the game won't troll me into oblivion like it did with Kirin and Legiana.

Really hate how the search for SOS just cycles you through the same 5 or 6 batches of quests though. Bad game design is bad.

Jesus i wish i was doing it with you lol. I had super bad luck the day before and the game broke me but seeing this gives me some faith to go back to it

Just now, abhinandhan22 said:

Jesus i wish i was doing it with you lol. I had super bad luck the day before and the game broke me but seeing this gives me some faith to go back to it

Oh, I've had my fair share of bad luck - over 200 Kirins and at least 100 Legianas...from the event quest, no less. Came pretty close to just quitting because of how ridiculous it was getting. That is literally the only time I've been lucky, and now I'm back to measuring legs and quitting in despair, haha. But your luck will turn around again! If you've gone a long time without a crown, it's just building up for an explosion of luck!

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

Of course, after that I farm for more 3 attempts ones; first one I launch is a giant gold. 

So from this pattern I would advise to throw away 5 ones; or you could end with a huge dry strike losing your sanity or either you are incredibly lucky to get some crowns (maybe some monster can drop their crowns on higher attempts ones, but I would bet those are mostly the easier to kill ones)

how did you farm kirin investigations? Only missing large Kirin/Teo but have never gotten a kirin investigation and have always had to join through sos but would like to be able to run them myself to measure but have never had a drop anywhere

26 minutes ago, AnarchysLegend said:

how did you farm kirin investigations? Only missing large Kirin/Teo but have never gotten a kirin investigation and have always had to join through sos but would like to be able to run them myself to measure but have never had a drop anywhere

I got a lot of them butchering the monster on the Coral Event, then after that is just walking behind him. You can also send the safari on Coral.

Teostra is actually the same, send safari to wildspire and kill monsters there.

I recommend you to just save 3 or so investigations with 3 attempts and then just save scam. 

Edited by BlackTorito

Oh, I've had my fair share of bad luck - over 200 Kirins and at least 100 Legianas...from the event quest, no less. Came pretty close to just quitting because of how ridiculous it was getting. That is literally the only time I've been lucky, and now I'm back to measuring legs and quitting in despair, haha. But your luck will turn around again! If you've gone a long time without a crown, it's just building up for an explosion of luck!

Oh wow any idea how to measure uraagan largest and bazelguese largest?

3 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Also need both and cant measure them properly, uraagan always moving to much in a shock trap and bazel always looks big lol.

Yesterday i was fighting an uraagan and thought it was a normal size and end up beating my own record for small crown.

1 hour ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Bazel, unfortunately not - it was a long time ago (or feels like a long time, haha) that I got the large crown for that.

Uraagan is...colossal, when it's a large crown. You'll probably know the second you see it. The best way to measure it is against its leg though - you'll be about level with or slightly beneath the rock on the bottom part of its leg.

Edited by Celesteela

Uraagan is...colossal, when it's a large crown. You'll probably know the second you see it. The best way to measure it is against its leg though - you'll be about level with or slightly beneath the rock on the bottom part of its leg.

I got uraagan pretty quickly using a mega barrel bomb by his tail after catching it in a shock trap to measure it's size. I was able to get both crowns before I killed 20 of them. That could just be luck too because I've killed almost 100 great girros without a large crown. 

32 minutes ago, cjl73185 said:

I got uraagan pretty quickly using a mega barrel bomb by his tail after catching it in a shock trap to measure it's size. I was able to get both crowns before I killed 20 of them. That could just be luck too because I've killed almost 100 great girros without a large crown. 

Do you remember the size difference of a large one?

Was it larger than the barrel or same sizes ?

Edited by KingTom95