Crown Guide.

LordNEET

3 hours ago, Mah2c said:

Here's large Radobaan, I still need large girros and lavasioth, after 340 hours I think I deserve this :P

Nice Large Rado was a pain for me! Almost 300 hours into mh world and i still love the game but i really want the last 5 crowns to finally grind what i want lol.... Kirin will be annoying as hell and still missing mini dodogma laviasoth and uragaan.... 

Edit: Anyone know if feleyne weakener helps to find small crown monster like in the old games?

Edited by ErdoKa90

for anyone having trouble hunting giant gold crown ian and los. If your head does not touch their chest, it's prolly a crown candidate. Also, can anyone confirm if gold crowns for great girros and great jagras from the current event quest (triple threat down and chew the fat)?

Ugh, I'm on my final crown and it's a mini Jagras. I farmed it for hours tonight and killed every single one I saw in the investigation and not a single gold crown. Is it at all possible to tell the smaller ones from the normal? They all look the same except the huge ones which are obviously large crowns.

Hey guys, for large Odogaron I did this:

Place a shock trap on a flat surface (after the first slope when he exits his lair area). Stand between his front and back legs (view from the side, cant get under him), if it looks like your character fits in under him (top of your head doesnt reach his stomach) it's a large. If you fit in under him and don't get gold, kill the next who has bit more space between your top head and his stomach

Small girros:

As he exits his lair, jumps down and stops walking in the huge lower area, he will start turning his head around and search for food or scents. When he does this, he lowers his body. If you are taller than him when he turns lowers his body, it's a small one

Large girros: walk next to him, if it looks like your character could fit under his stomach without touching it, it's a large (can't really get under). Careful though there will be many silver crowns that look like you could fit in under

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Managed to get both girros crowns today through multi monster quests. Only have Large Lavasioth left... 

what are those monsters? I've hunted 40+ girros. Not a single mini/giant hunted even from 15mins/1 faint/2 players quest.

14 minutes ago, Redsailles said:

what are those monsters? I've hunted 40+ girros. Not a single mini/giant hunted even from 15mins/1 faint/2 players quest.

Odagaron/girros and Bazel quest for small crown(5 tries,1 bronze,1 silver and gold)

Odagaron/Girros for large crown(2 silver 1 gold iirc)

6 minutes ago, JustOneStingray said:

Ready to snap my disc in half looking for this large Uragaan 150+ killed and every single large silver crown imaginable and nothing just how rare is this dumb thing.

I just got it lmao

And it's all thanks to Gaming with Abyss' crown videos. I finally be able to track down the largest one 2,490+

Haha yeah, I know that feeling man.

• Like 1

Finally got great girros after 123 kills, don't know what happened with my luck on that one but oh well. 

Please Lavasioth! 

3 hours ago, Zygo89pl said:

Question about Large Black Diablos. He will always win a Turf War with Diablos if he is larger or it's completly random? 

I know he will always lose when he's small, Diablos are really easier to spot when both of them are there. 

14 minutes ago, Zygo89pl said:

Black Diablos is mine, and now about Odogaron - You will be able to get under his belly? Sometimes he is much higher than me, there is a lot of space under him, but I can't get there.

Shock trap him and see if you fit under, not when he walks. When trapped he will "shrink"

Edited by Erkawest

2 left. Odogaron was pretty easy with 3 Tempered quests, 2 of these was with 3 Tempered monsters, so chance for crowns maybe increased. 
There is a matter of time, when on YouTube there will be tons of videos like this:

Showing perfectly size of monster.
For Black Diablos pretty helpful was this movie: 

This guy showing few times legs of Black Diablos. With this video it tooks me 5-6 hours of restarting/reuploading save file and maybe 5 fights. 

15 hours ago, ErdoKa90 said:

Nice Large Rado was a pain for me! Almost 300 hours into mh world and i still love the game but i really want the last 5 crowns to finally grind what i want lol.... Kirin will be annoying as hell and still missing mini dodogma laviasoth and uragaan.... 

Edit: Anyone know if feleyne weakener helps to find small crown monster like in the old games?

Thanks, you can easily notice how big he is here. I actually managed to mount him very early in the hunt and you can see how gigantic the difference between me and him is. 

As for the feline I don't think it does, I'm pretty sure this would be brought up by now, same as being friend with the piggie. Some say that having his admiration would increase odds, I can testify it doesn't 

Oh and I got great girros, 

Now for the pain which is Lavasioth, 112 kills and nothing. 

Edited by Mah2c

If any are still sniping for this trophy, I would be willing to help.   I need just about everything except the event quest monsters.  If you have crown giving investigations with tries left that would be fantastic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am available quite a bit in the next couple days.

PSN - TheDeadlyOmega

Edited by TheDeadlyOmega

On 3/9/2018 at 7:41 PM, Mah2c said:

Here's large Radobaan, I still need large girros and lavasioth, after 340 hours I think I deserve this :P

I also need Large Lavasioth, it's my last crown :(

8 hours ago, Sion413 said:

Can't get large Teso to spawn for nothing.

that one took me 68 kills and forever! Got it in an SOS by chance