Crown Guide.

LordNEET

Played for 8 hours today and not a single miniature or large crown. On the bright side I had a blast playing the game so that's a win in my books ?

I tried farming Odegoron as i need his giant crown (i already have his miniature). Despite coming across some fairly grotesque beasts, i never came across a giant Odegoron. Not even a silver crown. Seriously, how big is this beast? ?

I have the miniature and giant crowns for 5 monsters out of the way (Barroth, Pink Rathian, Titzi Yaku, Belzeguese and the white puffy bat thing). Just 23 more to go ?

4 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Played for 8 hours today and not a single miniature or large crown. On the bright side I had a blast playing the game so that's a win in my books 1f600.png

I tried farming Odegoron as i need his giant crown (i already have his miniature). Despite coming across some fairly grotesque beasts, i never came across a giant Odegoron. Not even a silver crown. Seriously, how big is this beast? 1f623.png

I have the miniature and giant crowns for 5 monsters out of the way (Barroth, Pink Rathian, Titzi Yaku, Belzeguese and the white puffy bat thing). Just 23 more to go 1f601.png

If you go to page 28-29, you will find tips on how to spot a large Odogaron

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rhevarr said:

Got my plat. 1 month 2 weeks... enjoyed it. 300 hours.

Don't give up. Just do it as long as you have fun. 

Congrats! I think it should take me the same amount of time to plat.

261 hours played 50/56 crowns and i wasn't snipping for these crown till i reached 200 hours:) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jitters84 said:

Anyone have any tips/hints/screenshots/videos of large Uragaan?  Last crown and can't get a good sense of measurement :/.

I'm not sure about uragaan. Maybe this method applied to uragaan and i'm still missing his mini.

I got giant radobaan by measuring it's tail.
I can't compare the height of mini/giant radobaan knee. Because the look same. But i decided to hunt it because it's tail is longer than usual.

5 hours ago, Sion413 said:

Thanks because it is blowing my mind and trying to help ppl get a large bdiablo and i've gotten a large and min with 6 hunts.

Just like my kirin. 7 kills :D

though still need to kill more for monster PhD

4 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Played for 8 hours today and not a single miniature or large crown. On the bright side I had a blast playing the game so that's a win in my books 1f600.png

I tried farming Odegoron as i need his giant crown (i already have his miniature). Despite coming across some fairly grotesque beasts, i never came across a giant Odegoron. Not even a silver crown. Seriously, how big is this beast? 1f623.png

I have the miniature and giant crowns for 5 monsters out of the way (Barroth, Pink Rathian, Titzi Yaku, Belzeguese and the white puffy bat thing). Just 23 more to go 1f601.png

Large Gold Crown Odogaron

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Woodzy_5 said:

Just wondering if anyone has any tips to measure a bazelgeuse and uragaan? They are both a pain the bum to get any indication what so ever! So any help would be appreciated! ?

If the spikes on his leg seem above you or quite high up around your head, it's probably a large Bazel

If you stand next to an Urugaan, go to his back legs and see if the first "circle stone" is above your head, probably a large. If it's in level with your head, it's a normal one

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

If the spikes on his leg seem above you or quite high up around your head, it's probably a large Bazel

If you stand next to an Urugaan, go to his back legs and see if the first "circle stone" is above your head, probably a large. If it's in level with your head, it's a normal one

Thanks man I'll give it a shot see how I go ?

2 hours ago, Woodzy_5 said:

Just wondering if anyone has any tips to measure a bazelgeuse and uragaan? They are both a pain the bum to get any indication what so ever! So any help would be appreciated! 1f601.png

Some people says that an event involving two uragaans (one mini, one large) is coming in 16th march, i hope this event is available for everyone and not only for japan like the one with three jagras.

So I'm having trouble getting the Large Gold crown for the Dodogama, it's the last crown I need and I just can't seem to find one. I've played investigations that focus on him and some that don't but have him in it randomly. Can anyone verify if it spawns from investigations that focus on the Dodogama as the target. Based of what I could come up with from research people got the crown from investigations that target the Dodogama. 

12 hours ago, Sion413 said:

Felyne Weakener really does help with small crowns

Really? The last 5 crowns wont drop for me its like impossible...

Small and big Kirin

Small uragaan

Big azure rathalos

And small dodogma 

I just cant so close to platinum the game but the last crowns wont appear :/

15 hours ago, iNtErWhOoPeR said:

So I'm having trouble getting the Large Gold crown for the Dodogama, it's the last crown I need and I just can't seem to find one. I've played investigations that focus on him and some that don't but have him in it randomly. Can anyone verify if it spawns from investigations that focus on the Dodogama as the target. Based of what I could come up with from research people got the crown from investigations that target the Dodogama. 

I got giant dodogama from quest with he is the only target monster.

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

I have taken a mini break and been a bit out of the news, Do the current events have a higher drop rate like previous events or is this weeks just added missions as such?

No real confirmation yet, but I think the general consensus is a big fat no.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sion413 said:

Felyne Weakener really does help with small crowns

3 hours ago, ErdoKa90 said:

Really? The last 5 crowns wont drop for me its like impossible...

Small and big Kirin

Small uragaan

Big azure rathalos

And small dodogma 

I just cant so close to platinum the game but the last crowns wont appear :/

Monsters have a Hitpoint range that gets randomly selected the moment you post the hunt. Felyne Weakener makes it more likely that it will have its HP at the lower end of the range.

There are five possible modifiers: -2, -1, 0, +1, +2. (very weak, weak, standard health, durable, very durable)

Felyne Weakener prevents +1 and +2 outcomes so the monsters that spawn will be very weak, weak, or standard health.

But this also makes it slightly easier for small crowns to appear since there is a correlation between HP range and size (the lower on the HP range, the smaller the creature and vice versa).

Obviously, this doesn't apply to a special quest where the size of the monster is already set like f.ex. the Giant Anjanath Horizon Dawn hunt.

Unfortunately, it is a daily skill. Those change between each quest. See https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Food+Skills

• Like 3

RNG hates me, been trying to get giant crown Teostra for 3 days now with no luc., its the only one missing along with kusha and vaal. I had really big ones so far, one was even a silver cown with only 20 mesure points below gold :( So if anyone has any tips for giant teo i would be thankfull :)

Edited by rottenreaper

21 hours ago, Mah2c said:

For those that are having trouble with small Teostra, I measured him

I swear that last weekend I killed at least 3 of them smaller than the movie one and nothing. I'm very sure that the appareance size system is totally broken.

Anyway, thanks for the tips.