Crown Guide.

LordNEET

On 3/12/2018 at 10:27 AM, iNtErWhOoPeR said:

So I'm having trouble getting the Large Gold crown for the Dodogama, it's the last crown I need and I just can't seem to find one. I've played investigations that focus on him and some that don't but have him in it randomly. Can anyone verify if it spawns from investigations that focus on the Dodogama as the target. Based of what I could come up with from research people got the crown from investigations that target the Dodogama. 

I asked the same question about dodo and girros. Because i couldn't get a giant crown for either.  But can confirm now you can get them from 6 star single quest. The way I did it was shock trap and set a mega barrel bomb between the front and back legs. If they taller than the bomb kill them.  The dodo isn't a guarantee but it at least let's you know if it's close or not.

Last night I played MH for a couple of more hours simply doing investigations. I was farming Vaal Hazaak for his gear but I was also looking out for crowns. After playing the game for almost 8 hours the previous day and coming up short on the crowns, I honestly thought I was going to have a second day with no crowns. Just as I was about to call it a day and go to bed, I came across an investigation that had three tempered beasts (Jyuratodus, Rathian and Tobikadachi). I played it and, once I completed it, I finally got my mini Rathian crown ?

I now have 9 large gold crowns and 8 mini crowns with 103 hours game time.

I have farmed Kulu-Ya-Ku in every type of investigation imaginable for 2 days now I mix it up with great hunts in the area to try for other monsters as well. I for the life of me can't get the gold large crown I have gotten mini and 2 silver large crown updates. I have seen this raptor chicken so many times they all blur together anymore and look like the same size after awhile then when you find a pretty large one its noticeable still get nothing its rage inducing.

17 hours ago, Sicho said:

Monsters have a Hitpoint range that gets randomly selected the moment you post the hunt. Felyne Weakener makes it more likely that it will have its HP at the lower end of the range.

There are five possible modifiers: -2, -1, 0, +1, +2. (very weak, weak, standard health, durable, very durable)

Felyne Weakener prevents +1 and +2 outcomes so the monsters that spawn will be very weak, weak, or standard health.

But this also makes it slightly easier for small crowns to appear since there is a correlation between HP range and size (the lower on the HP range, the smaller the creature and vice versa).

Obviously, this doesn't apply to a special quest where the size of the monster is already set like f.ex. the Giant Anjanath Horizon Dawn hunt.

Unfortunately, it is a daily skill. Those change between each quest. See https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Food+Skills

Well That information was really helpful! got mini dodogma uragaan with that also the azure rathalos only kirin is missing now but i dont have any investigations to farm him anyone here who can help out? would be awsome im only missing small and big kirin

47 minutes ago, ProfessorStotch said:

3 days of farming Vaal with zero crowns :(

I had rly luck with vaals big crown in the first 10 attempts he spawnt but the small crown oh man.... but dont give up i tried to get uragaan and azure rathalos for the last 20 hours ingame and didnt get them and then i got both crowns in 1 run lol.... rng can be funny

Edited by ErdoKa90

11 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Just as I was about to call it a day and go to bed, I came across an investigation that had three tempered beasts (Jyuratodus, Rathian and Tobikadachi). I played it and, once I completed it, I finally got my mini Rathian crown ?

Investigation with Jyuratodus, Rathian and Tobikadachi? I don't think Tobi spawns in any other map than Ancient Forest lol, not from what I've seen or heard. So you found Jyuratodus in Ancient Forest or Tobi in the desert?

Is Deviljo out today? I woke up to seeing lots of pictures that he is being released today

8 hours ago, Zjinn said:

I have farmed Kulu-Ya-Ku in every type of investigation imaginable for 2 days now I mix it up with great hunts in the area to try for other monsters as well. I for the life of me can't get the gold large crown I have gotten mini and 2 silver large crown updates. I have seen this raptor chicken so many times they all blur together anymore and look like the same size after awhile then when you find a pretty large one its noticeable still get nothing its rage inducing.

just wait until the Wildspire Wastes Event rotates in again

All event quests will be available from April 6th to April 20th in the Spring blossom festival seasonal event. They only showed the crown events that we've already had in the live stream, but I missed the Ancient Forest event, so it'll cut down the grind by quite a bit. Perfect opportunity to get 28 relatively easy crowns if you've yet to start grinding for them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThePhatMatt said:

All event quests will be available from April 6th to April 20th in the Spring blossom festival seasonal event. They only showed the crown events that we've already had in the live stream, but I missed the Ancient Forest event, so it'll cut down the grind by quite a bit. Perfect opportunity to get 28 relatively easy crowns if you've yet to start grinding for them.

28?

On 3/14/2018 at 9:38 AM, Rothwilder said:

28?

the multi monster event quests have high chances of both small and large crowns for all monsters.

Mean Green Blues has 5 monsters, Wildspire Bolero has 5 monsters, and Coral Waltz has 4. With a small and large crown for each mon, that is 28 crowns.

*PSA*

The upcoming Odogaron quest for the Devil May Cry collaboration will have an extremely small and extremely large Odogaron to fight, and it is suspected that these will almost definitely be crowns.

just so everyone is aware.

Edit:

i may have misheard, the double Odogaron quest is for the Megaman collab, not the DmC one.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

the multi monster event quests have high chances of both small and large crowns for all monsters.

Mean Green Blues has 5 monsters, Wildspire Bolero has 5 monsters, and Coral Waltz has 4. With a small and large crown for each mon, that is 28 crowns.

*PSA*

The upcoming Odogaron quest for the Devil May Cry collaboration will have an extremely small and extremely large Odogaron to fight, and it is suspected that these will almost definitely be crowns.

just so everyone is aware.

I dont think second Odogaron from stream was Large, it was normal. And after they completed the quest they didnt have crown udpates...

53 minutes ago, Greidis said:

I dont think second Odogaron from stream was Large, it was normal. And after they completed the quest they didnt have crown udpates...

I didn't watch the stream personally but from the footage i've seen they use the Dante armor to complete the quest, correct? if so, that would imply that they have already completed the quest previously, and wouldn't get a crown update.

as for whether you think the second one looks big enough, we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by danceswithsloths

17 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

I didn't watch the stream personally but from the footage i've seen they use the Dante armor to complete the quest, correct? if so, that would imply that they have already completed the quest previously, and wouldn't get a crown update.

as for whether you think the second one looks big enough, we'll just have to wait and see.

I've seen footage where they completed this quest with nergigante armor and no dante items on "new character"

r4YJcaR1uFQ.jpg