Crown Guide.

LordNEET

59 minutes ago, Greidis said:

I just advise not to rely on it too much, like many people here though that it will be Rotten Valey 5 monster event quest. Odogaron is not that really hard monster to beat and to measure.

We do have to wait and see because with the Ryu and Aloy event, we got large Barroth and Anjie.

I just had to share this.  

I was farming small pukei, was about 12 investigations in when I finally found one that looked small enough to get the crown.  Hell yeah.  I laid into him like crazy.  All the sudden, "quest failed" showed up.  IT WAS A CAPTURE QUEST.  I was legit upset, but then it took me to the post quest page and it still gave me it!! I thought for sure it would have negated it.  I'm so happy.  I was getting super frustrated with crown hunting as I haven't gotten anything in the last 5-7 hours.  But I got it!!

• Like 2

Pretty same situation like hunting 5 monsters, but You need only one crown, so after first one just hit "Return from quest" and in this case there is still chance for crown. You are not completing MAIN objective of the quest, but kill and size is confirmed. 

4 hours ago, RauCHeN-ToKEN said:

I just had to share this.  

I was farming small pukei, was about 12 investigations in when I finally found one that looked small enough to get the crown.  Hell yeah.  I laid into him like crazy.  All the sudden, "quest failed" showed up.  IT WAS A CAPTURE QUEST.  I was legit upset, but then it took me to the post quest page and it still gave me it!! I thought for sure it would have negated it.  I'm so happy.  I was getting super frustrated with crown hunting as I haven't gotten anything in the last 5-7 hours.  But I got it!!

Yeah, happened to me as well during my hunts. Even if you slay the target on a capture quest, it counts as a kill and not a capture, yet you do get crowns

2 hours ago, Arielferrari19 said:

I just got two silver crown updates, i will reply on this if you actually can get a gold crown.

Can't wait to find out if this is true. I hate fighting this monster. Thankfully, I got a Weakener skill, used it on him, and got a small crown. 

12 minutes ago, skroq said:

Yessss!!! I've been hunting large Girros since last weekend. 

2 hours ago, skroq said:

Damn it, I knew I should've farmed elder dragons first. I spent about 10 hours trying to get a giant gold crown Odogaron, oh well. They'll almost definitely have an elder recess event at some point, they might even include it in the spring festival.

25 minutes ago, ThePhatMatt said:

Damn it, I knew I should've farmed elder dragons first. I spent about 10 hours trying to get a giant gold crown Odogaron, oh well. They'll almost definitely have an elder recess event at some point, they might even include it in the spring festival.

yeah so I am thinking we just have to do elder dragons + black diablos maybe

4 minutes ago, skroq said:

yeah so I am thinking we just have to do elder dragons + black diablos maybe

I'm going to finish up a few games and then start farming the elder dragons and black diablos, then I'll start doing elder recess and get as many crowns as I can before the spring festival. I missed the ancient forest event and only have about half of those crowns, so I'll wait to do those. 

4 hours ago, skroq said:

Capcom trolling us hard with this uragaan event:( haha they cap the event uragaan's size at 2449 a.k.a silver crown.

Now I feel kind of irritated I spent so long getting all the crowns in the rotten vale instead of waiting ? Still working through the elders recess lot before I tackle the elder dragons. I’ve only done Kirin, I’ve got Nerg, Kush, Teo and Vaal all to do. Just waiting on a giant Bazel and a mini Azure Rath. I’d like to get it all wrapped up before Deviljho releases (just in case it messes with the trophies).