Crown Guide.

LordNEET

2 minutes ago, Juicy_Babysteak said:

Also I did the quest 4 times and got 1 silver crown before the gold

This is good to know; I've been deleting Investigations after doing them once and failing to get anything. I'll hang on to higher reward ones from now on; thanks for sharing this!

This would be a lot less frustrating if silver giant crowns weren't a thing. It's absolutely disgusting to have them in there.

3 minutes ago, Sicho said:

maybe a stupid question but if there's a Mini or Giant version of a monster on a map, shouldn't the footprints indicate that? When you find footprints of a Giant, shouldn't they be larger than usual and vice versa for Minis?

I was thinking the same thing but its not 100% correct some times the monster doesn't become large or small but there is a big chance than the normal footprints  

I think it helps to go for 50 minutes tempered investigations and check non target monsters, 
Yesterday i got huge Odobragon on hunt for tempered Radoban. 
It is possible that tempered investigations increase chance on giant monsters and that applies to all of them on the map, not only the targeted ones.
I think that extra monsters are not tempered,  so checking them could be win-win situation.

3 hours ago, Crimfatale said:

anyone have an info on a large kushala doara 

Unfortunately, I don't have the exact details on the quest, but I have both Gold for Small and Large and the best I can say from my experience is it came from an Investigation. 
ROUGHLY these stats:
Ancient Forest

4 Hunters

30 Minutes

Silver Silver Gold

~15000Z

---

Teostra

Giant Gold Crown

Wildspire Waste

2 Hunters

30 Minutes

~15000Z 

Silver Silver Gold

---

I've gotten crowns for the elder dragons and maybe this is a good generalist method for them: The less favorable the investigation and/or alternative locations have the best yields. The reward yields at the end didn't seem to matter.

Basically this:
Faints 1

15 Minutes

30 Minutes

2 Hunters

Kushala in Ancient Forest

Teostra in Wildspire Waste

HR only

A combination of those things seem to have the best results. 

I've gotten both small and gold on Vaal with Investigations that had 1 faint and 30 minutes

As posted above, Teostra gold giant for Wildspire, 2 Hunters in 30 minutes

Kushala in Ancient Forest in 30 minutes

Nerg small gold in Elder's Recess in 15 minutes

--

The only other thing I can add is, I've done Great Jagras with less favorable conditions as I had mentioned above in LR. Over 80 kills and have gotten no crown or even an indication that the size was smaller than usual (was going for Tiny). 

Unless someone has gotten a gold crown in LR, I'd argue to not bother with LR at all. Added with what tiny crowns people have gotten with monsters that appear in both LR and HR, forgoing LR altogether may be a good approach.

1 hour ago, ShianKiri said:

Unfortunately, I don't have the exact details on the quest, but I have both Gold for Small and Large and the best I can say from my experience is it came from an Investigation. 
ROUGHLY these stats:
Ancient Forest

4 Hunters

30 Minutes

Silver Silver Gold

~15000Z

---

Teostra

Giant Gold Crown

Wildspire Waste

2 Hunters

30 Minutes

~15000Z 

Silver Silver Gold

---

I've gotten crowns for the elder dragons and maybe this is a good generalist method for them: The less favorable the investigation and/or alternative locations have the best yields. The reward yields at the end didn't seem to matter.

Basically this:
Faints 1

15 Minutes

30 Minutes

2 Hunters

Kushala in Ancient Forest

Teostra in Wildspire Waste

HR only

A combination of those things seem to have the best results. 

I've gotten both small and gold on Vaal with Investigations that had 1 faint and 30 minutes

As posted above, Teostra gold giant for Wildspire, 2 Hunters in 30 minutes

Kushala in Ancient Forest in 30 minutes

Nerg small gold in Elder's Recess in 15 minutes

--

The only other thing I can add is, I've done Great Jagras with less favorable conditions as I had mentioned above in LR. Over 80 kills and have gotten no crown or even an indication that the size was smaller than usual (was going for Tiny). 

Unless someone has gotten a gold crown in LR, I'd argue to not bother with LR at all. Added with what tiny crowns people have gotten with monsters that appear in both LR and HR, forgoing LR altogether may be a good approach.

thanks ill try again

ive killed like 70 kushala i just need the large one now 

Hi,

I just got the tiny Rathalos gold Trophy, I don't remember the exact quest details, but it was a hunt in the forest with a normal Rathalos and a tempered Anjanath

Edit: 1 Quest later, this time Rathian ( tempered) in the Wildspire Waste and another tiny gold. This one was a hunt as well. Someone might thinkI I should've learned and remembered the details, but I just jumped into random SOS Signals ... sorry for that 

Edited by KUMP3L-HD

53 minutes ago, hr_kriese said:

Just got 4 gold crowns (mini: Rathalos, Pukei-Pukei & Anjanath, king: Tobi-Kadachi) with the new Event Quet with 5 monsters :-) I think Great Jaggy would have been Gold too, I did have that before tough, so I'm not sure. Anyway, farm the shit out of this mission :-)

Just got King Anjarath, Mini Pukei and Mini Kadachi.

Already had Great Jaggy and Mini Rathalos. This quest is legit.

Edited by h4mx0r