Crown Guide.

LordNEET

1 hour ago, Miles_Warren said:

Last night i responded to a SOS flare. It was a 15 minute Kirin investigation, 2 faints, silver, gold, gold and the person who fired the flare was HR296. I assumed it was a mini Kirin which I badly needed and I was successful in joining the hunt. Happy days, I thought, another monster i can cross off my list.

After my hunter whistled for his wingdrake and headed to the Coral Highlands, the loading screen appeared.

A minute later, the loading screen was still there. This was taking an unusually long time.

Two minutes later, the loading screen was still there. Ah feck, somethings gone wrong...

Seven minutes later, the loading screen was still there. WHY???!? WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE??!?

After 20 minutes with the load screen I just switched the game off and went to bed. In the end I never got my assumed mini Kirin 1f62d.png

At least Kirin's easy to get investigations for: following tracks and tailriders

How to farm investigations for a specific monster?  i'm trying to farm both Jyuratodus and Kirin investigations.  All i got so far from collecting their tracks in their respective missions are investigations for other monsters.  Is this also luck based just like the crowns?

Edited by milanbarca82

9 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

How to farm investigations for a specific monster?  i'm trying to farm both Jyuratodus and Kirin investigations.  All i got so far from collecting their tracks in their respective missions are investigations for other monsters.  Is this also luck based just like the crowns?

When you collecting tracks or fighting monster you got investigations for all monsters in the same area so you will not 100% got that monster investigation every time you kill it or collecting his tracks

my advice for you just keep searching for investigation sos for the monster you want until you got his investigation

Edited by dark69knight
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

Sending your Tailriders to Coral Highlands worked really well for me. Sometimes Kirin will show up, and you'll get his investigations. Also, while your tailriders are working, try to find SOS Kirin investigations - there might not be any. I suggest doing your optional quest and collecting footprints and fur that way. 

And while your Tailriders are out, you're going to have to do a few investigations in the meantime. I would suggest doing SOS quests in Coral Highlands and the Wastelands to increase your odds for Jyu and Kirin, especially for Jyu. You're going to have to be patient, but it should work.

Most importantly, there's we're getting the 5 monster events again in April. I would just focus on Kirin for now. I wish I was finished with getting large Teo. Kirin's the only Elder I'm actually good at, and I saved some of his investigations.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ErdoKa90 said:

Got platinum already last month(was pain in the ***) But i wanna doublecrown picklejho :D anyone knows if he drop the goldcrowns at his tempered event?

He's a normal monster, so theoretically yes. I already got his small crown from doing a normal investigation.

54 minutes ago, Tamikuz said:

im really close on giving up on the plat >.> i farm Big Nerg since 2 weeks some were really close but only gave silver crowns  , RNG is a Bitch >.< and then small Kirin and Both BDiablos Crowns ughhh 

Don't give up!!! I've got the Giant Black Diablos, Giant Nergigante and Mini Kirin crowns this weekend. 

The Nergigante one was absoluetly insane. Probably, I killed around 20 of them and entered around 70 investigations. These two videos help me a lot. From the first one, you can compare the wings size and with the second you can check the legs size. You must to check all the requirements from the both movies. IMPORTANT: THE BOTH VIDEOS. Aditionally, check the legs' thickness is similar to the second video, not only the height. I found 4 o 5 that satisfied the wings, and legs' height requirements and they give me nothing. 

It was a 1 bronze, 1 silver, 1 gold - 30 min - 3 faints - 2 people investigation.

For Black Diablos, I got it easily. There are lots of heplful videos in youtube.

The Kirin was a strange case. It was a tempered one in SOS. When I get into the investigation I thought that it was a regular one, because I'd killed a pair of them smaller than that one. But, it gave me it. The same happened to me with Tobikadachi and Jagras.

Edited by TizonaES
  • Like 1

So I just need both Kirin's, large radobaan, and large bagelgoose for plat.  Last night I joined an SOS when I started hunting Kirin and when I got in I saw that he had the skull over his head already.  I joined it on a HR 196 or something so I knew it was going to be for a crown.  It was really nice he did that.  Ended up being a silver crown but it was a cool idea to help people.  

Anyway, I decided to pass along the favor and did 2 30 min kirin's.  Everyone that joined fainted both times.  So I decided to search for an SOS of kirin, would search around 10 times and then go do a radobaan/bagel quest, come back and search again. Ended up joining 2 kirin quests and everyone fainted and failed again.  So I was like, "okay, maybe I'll do some tempered and hopefully get some crowns or stones".  popped it and everyone fainted.  

looks like I'll be having to solo him, and maybe do what dude did and pop an SOS right before he's about dead.  

People just can't fight Kirin.  It took practice, but he's easy to dodge, especially if you stay beside him, chip at him, and back away.  

I eat Elemental L meal, stun charm, mega demon/armor (not even mega sometimes), Immunizer (helps A LOT with Defense), and then swap between thunderproof/vitality mantle.  I really just want to hunt with people as I don't like hunting alone, but it seems I can't with kirin :c

12 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I finally got my large Teostra, which makes it the last Elder. Just need to do the Events (hopefully rng is on my side), arena, and tempered. I'm saving it for my 75th, so I'll be playing a lot of easy games. Not sure if I have 14 though.

Oh huge congrats!! Send him my way!! Was he noticably far bigger? I’m losing my mind over here trying to get one ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, smudgedhorizon said:

Oh huge congrats!! Send him my way!! Was he noticably far bigger? I’m losing my mind over here trying to get one 1f62d.png

Maybe a little bit larger. But it had to be really rare because the person I ran it with already had a large gold and his hunter's notes updated! I can't believe that happened. 

13 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I finally got my large Teostra, which makes it the last Elder. Just need to do the Events (hopefully rng is on my side), arena, and tempered. I'm saving it for my 75th, so I'll be playing a lot of easy games. Not sure if I have 14 though.

Congrats. I got him late last night myself and was about to post in this thread to tell you how i got him. Nice to know we both got him on the same day. :) #teostrobros

For those still looking for a giant teostro, i got him by responding to a sos, tempeted teostro, 3 faints, silver, silver, gold investigation. I know it is RNG but hopefully that info helps somrbody

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Maybe a little bit larger. But it had to be really rare because the person I ran it with already had a large gold and his hunter's notes updated! I can't believe that happened. 

I’ve had my silver crown update 3 times now, my game is trolling me HARD! 

Just now, Miles_Warren said:

Congrats. I got him late last night myself and was about to post in this thread to tell you how i got him. Nice to know we both got him on the same day. :) #teostrobros

For those still looking for a giant teostro, i got him by responding to a sos, tempeted teostro, 3 faints, silver, silver, gold investigation. I know it is RNG but hopefully that info helps somrbody

Any tips at all on measuring him? I’ve fought so many now and so many I was convinced were huge I feel like I’ve lost the ability to size him at all ?

Forgot to mention that my giant gold black diablos was in a bronze, silver, gold investigation where you had to hunt both black diablos and deviljho. 3 faints, 50 minutes (if I remember correctly).

I did 2 tries on that investigation and the first time the black diablos was giant silver crown.

IDK if anyone has checked the event quest for next week but I found that there are quest to hunt all monster in rotten vail and elder's recess along with the past three 'hunt all monsters' quest in their respective environments. So probably we might have to wait for quest that has high drop rates for crowns for elder dragons.

20 hours ago, TizonaES said:

Don't give up!!! I've got the Giant Black Diablos, Giant Nergigante and Mini Kirin crowns this weekend. 

The Nergigante one was absoluetly insane. Probably, I killed around 20 of them and entered around 70 investigations. These two videos help me a lot. From the first one, you can compare the wings size and with the second you can check the legs size. You must to check all the requirements from the both movies. IMPORTANT: THE BOTH VIDEOS. Aditionally, check the legs' thickness is similar to the second video, not only the height. I found 4 o 5 that satisfied the wings, and legs' height requirements and they give me nothing. 

It was a 1 bronze, 1 silver, 1 gold - 30 min - 3 faints - 2 people investigation.

For Black Diablos, I got it easily. There are lots of heplful videos in youtube.

The Kirin was a strange case. It was a tempered one in SOS. When I get into the investigation I thought that it was a regular one, because I'd killed a pair of them smaller than that one. But, it gave me it. The same happened to me with Tobikadachi and Jagras.

thanks for the Tips >.> but yeah stil dont have it im now on Kill count 81 Nergigantes >.> i wonder how many i need to kill for it xD

Edited by Tamikuz

3 hours ago, wackt1 said:

IDK if anyone has checked the event quest for next week but I found that there are quest to hunt all monster in rotten vail and elder's recess along with the past three 'hunt all monsters' quest in their respective environments. So probably we might have to wait for quest that has high drop rates for crowns for elder dragons.

That may not happen, but you know lots will be doing those hunts starting next week. :D I imagine quite a few plays popping while they’re active.

34 minutes ago, Tamikuz said:

thanks for the Tips >.> but yeah stil dont have it im now on Kill count 81 Nergigantes >.> i wonder how many i need to kill for it xD

Are you killing all of them or only that you think that they are giants? I waste a lot of time kiling a big number or them in SOS because it's difficult to measure them there, but when i got 4 o 5 investigations, I sniped them by myself and it's more efficient (using the Pen-drive save method, obviously). Good luck!!

Edited by TizonaES
  • Like 1

I think giant kushala crown is broken. I killed couple of big ones, even bigger than on some videos and not even a silver one... It's ridiculous... 

UqxWeWb.jpg

My first and last MH game I ever bought. I know it's a grind game and I have nothing against it. I like good and rewarding grind. But putting such a disgraceful rng into the game is just pure idiocy. Worst game I bought in a couple of years... 

Edited by Patrickosan

11 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

I think giant kushala crown is broken. I killed couple of big ones, even bigger than on some videos and not even a silver one... It's ridiculous... 

My first and last MH game I ever bought. I know it's a grind game and I have nothing against it. I like good and rewarding grind. But putting such a disgraceful rng into the game is just pure idiocy. Worst game I bought in a couple of years... 

Crowned monsters are somewhat arbitrary in their visual size. Silver crown can look bigger than gold one.

That said, I'm pretty sure that plat difficulty doesn't make games any worse or better. MHW is a great game, regardless of how much time you spend on getting the plat.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TizonaES said:

Are you killing all of them or only that you think that they are giants? I waste a lot of time kiling a big number or them in SOS because it's difficult to measure them there, but when i got 4 o 5 investigations, I sniped them by myself and it's more efficient (using the Pen-drive save method, obviously). Good luck!!

only big ones >.> usually i track 4-5 investigations and start to  measure , when they are to small i quit the quest and start over , my biggest so far was lets see ... 2254.71

So anybody got some decent Kushala measuring video/screen? And I mean a good and proper one. I watched the ones from top of YouTube search and mine Kushala was the same size... I'm going nuts, because I killed today like 20 of them which I thought were gold ones and didn't even get the silver one... I think something is off here, because it can't get any bigger than on my screenshot above, it's the biggest one and still nothing... I mean, come on! Wtf is going on with this game... 

Most boring platinum ever... Even Borderlands weren't such a boring grind for platinum.... 

Edited by Patrickosan