Crown Guide.

LordNEET

After 2 days of grinding only one new crown from the zone event quests. Getting real tired of this.

E: Actually since I only started grinding the Elder's Recess yesterday I did get 6 of the 8 crowns fairly quickly within few hours (leaving of course one annoying crown for Azure Rathalos) but beyond that it's been quite the dry spell.

Edited by Herbalistiikka

On 4/6/2018 at 2:30 AM, RauCHeN-ToKEN said:

how's the crown drop rate on the double kirin event?  I need large and 30 more arena's for plat.  I know I can do that quit out and craft thing to make monster's grow but if the event quest has a good chance to drop crowns I'll do that, though I doubt it really does

I really hope double kirin gives crowns. All i need is a mini kirin and i will be guaranteed the plat. For some reason, i just cannot unlock investigations for this beast

1 hour ago, ThePhatMatt said:

The event is low rank, I highly doubt it has an increased chance to get crowns.

Even without the boosted crown rates, since there's two of them, wouldn't they each have less health making them faster to farm than an investigation with only one Kirin?

2 hours ago, AlbertRotten said:

Even without the boosted crown rates, since there's two of them, wouldn't they each have less health making them faster to farm than an investigation with only one Kirin?

I don't think you can get gold crowns from low rank monsters, so I wouldn't suggest wasting your time with the event.

On 4/6/2018 at 5:34 PM, megatonante said:

Wow got 2 silver updates on Large Uragaan, the game is teasing me. He is the last one I need from Elder's recess : (

At least he spawns early. I need large Diablos and large Azure, but I would have to fight a couple of monsters before they show up. So what I've been doing is SOS quests because somehow that's faster than me doing it myself.

Alright Internet, I just need 2 more crowns. Please let me get them sooner rather than later.

9 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

I really hope double kirin gives crowns. All i need is a mini kirin and i will be guaranteed the plat. For some reason, i just cannot unlock investigations for this beast

I also only need Kirin to guarantee Platinum but have zero investigations and can’t seem to get any more. 

Same here. Almost 215 hours playing this game and in that time i haven't had one single kirin investigation. Not one.

I've beaten 32 of them through sos (and fought numerous others that all ended in failure). Broken many parts in that time. I spent hours just following him around the map picking up tracks and electrolysed fur. I've sent my tailriders to the coral highlands. Each time i do all of the above i only unlock investigations for legiana, odogoeon, palouma, tziti yaku and/or bezelguese. Never a kirin.

Seriously, what am i doing wrong?

In a bit of good news i am only three crowns away from the plat :D Just need a mini kirin and a giant diablos and azure rathalos. ?

6 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Same here. Almost 215 hours playing this game and in that time i haven't had one single kirin investigation. Not one.

I've beaten 32 of them through sos (and fought numerous others that all ended in failure). Broken many parts in that time. I spent hours just following him around the map picking up tracks and electrolysed fur. I've sent my tailriders to the coral highlands. Each time i do all of the above i only unlock investigations for legiana, odogoeon, palouma, tziti yaku and/or bezelguese. Never a kirin.

Seriously, what am i doing wrong?

In a bit of good news i am only three crowns away from the plat :D Just need a mini kirin and a giant diablos and azure rathalos. 1f601.png

I have the exact same issue. Not a single Kirin investigation in 140 hours of playtime. I also know of 1 other persom who has this so it's def not just random or unlucky, must be a bug.

9 minutes ago, weggelopen said:

a guide tells me there is a events named 'this is how revolts starts' this week

where you can hunt a black diablo and diablo

with a high change of crowns but i can't find the event

anyone knows more about this? have this info from fextralife

This event is not available yet it will be available in 20\8\2018

Edited by dark69knight

1 hour ago, Robinworldwide said:

I have the exact same issue. Not a single Kirin investigation in 140 hours of playtime. I also know of 1 other persom who has this so it's def not just random or unlucky, must be a bug.

It's not a bug. It's just very random. Trust me. I had the same problems with Teo. I couldn't get any investigations. The best thing to do is find a friend who is hunting them or is willing to snipe for you.

58 minutes ago, dark69knight said:

Finally the end is near need two giant crown from rock n roll recess Dodogama and Lavasioth with 50 arena for the final trophy

but am gonna make this platinum my 500 plat

good luck everyone 263a.png

Good luck to you, too! I'm saving mine for 75.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

not really going specifically for Crowns yet but I'm at 19 crowns (small and giant combined) at 158h, HR64

58 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

It's not a bug. It's just very random. Trust me. I had the same problems with Teo. I couldn't get any investigations. The best thing to do is find a friend who is hunting them or is willing to snipe for you.

or do SOS Investigations. Set Teo as Target and go. If you find SOS quests from people over HR100 it's almost always a crown since they only fire the flare for crowns to help people out.

15 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

At least he spawns early. I need large Diablos and large Azure, but I would have to fight a couple of monsters before they show up. So what I've been doing is SOS quests because somehow that's faster than me doing it myself.

Alright Internet, I just need 2 more crowns. Please let me get them sooner rather than later.

Sadly I need also a Small Crown Diablos and he doesn't spawn early, it's really a pain.

36 minutes ago, Sicho said:

not really going specifically for Crowns yet but I'm at 19 crowns (small and giant combined) at 158h, HR64

or do SOS Investigations. Set Teo as Target and go. If you find SOS quests from people over HR100 it's almost always a crown since they only fire the flare for crowns to help people out.

I'm done with Teo. Should've wrote that, but I never did get any Teo quests before, and I hunted him many times during SOS quests. A friend got me large Teo, so I'm really thankful I got it when I did. And have you finished your Elder crowns yet? Getting them via SOS is very difficult because they go super fast and are not really that available.

Edited by Edunstar84

35 minutes ago, Sicho said:

I always believed that this was just wishful thinking, but I have to say that the large crown Kushala that I desperately needed was given to me by an SOS. (Don't remember if it was from a HR100+ guy though)