Crown Guide.

LordNEET

I've spent three days sniping large kirin and nothing. Over 50 killls farming close calls and getting new investigations. What a frustrating monster. I see the fewest sos calls for kirin as well. i think its time to hit god of war and come back later.

Edited by cnine
misspellings

9 hours ago, cnine said:

I've spent three days sniping large kirin and nothing. Over 50 killls farming close calls and getting new investigations. What a frustrating monster. I see the fewest sos calls for kirin as well. i think its time to hit god of war and come back later.

Atleast you're getting investigations for it, all I can do is sos it. Large Kirin is the only one left for me too ?

Finally after countless sos and kills I finally got my last large crown from Kirin an fnished crown hunting!!

Now all I need for platinum is 48 more arena quest kills, might hold off on it and make mhw my 50th just because of how long it took.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cnine said:

the few kirin sos is because there is alway's the 1 player that dosen't know what he or she is doing

if i have a kirin invest i certainly do not risk/waste it on a sos

Down to just Giant Kushala and Giant Teostra.

But I’m all out of investigations for Kushala! I’ve spent the last few days trying to get investigations for it (by using the rank 100 tempered quest and picking up tracks there) but I can’t seem to get investigations for this specific monster. I’ve also been jumping into SOSs but no luck is happening there either.

is there a better tactic for getting investigations for a specific monster?

23 hours ago, PMD_E1337Pete said:

Down to just Giant Kushala and Giant Teostra.

But I’m all out of investigations for Kushala! I’ve spent the last few days trying to get investigations for it (by using the rank 100 tempered quest and picking up tracks there) but I can’t seem to get investigations for this specific monster. I’ve also been jumping into SOSs but no luck is happening there either.

is there a better tactic for getting investigations for a specific monster?

Have you tried sending your Tailriders to Elder's Recess?

8 minutes ago, PMD_E1337Pete said:

You mean like the safari? They’re usually hanging out there.

Like if you go to your room and speak with your Housekeeper, you can manage your Tailriders from there. I'm not sure what you mean by safari - or it could be a different name in another language.

35 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Like if you go to your room and speak with your Housekeeper, you can manage your Tailriders from there. I'm not sure what you mean by safari - or it could be a different name in another language.

Yeah, at least in my region the option to manage them is labeled "Tailrider Safari". Unfortunately I'm already doing that.

4 hours ago, bscmsg said:

I'm 300 hrs in and all I need are 5 crowns
Small Kirin and Teostra, Big B. Diablos Nergi and Vaal

I still need a small Teostra and a Large Black Diablos. Add me and we can farm together. Curently farming large black diablos. 

26 minutes ago, Phase_32 said:

Came here in hopes of the "forum rant luck" to be on my side lol. I cannot for the life of me get a Giant Black Diablos to pop up!  :/ anyone wanna farm this with me? 

made this post 26 mins ago. and no lie i just got a giant one LOL thats crazy. only teostra and large kush to  go. 

• Like 1

This RNG is killing my enjoyment of the game. I have 530 hours of game time and am still missing Giant and Tiny Vaal and Tiny Kushala.  My husband and I have been sniping Vaal for the past four days (around 30 hours of farming Investigations) with no luck.  We've both watched tons of videos and fought monsters that appeared larger than the ones in the guides with no crown popping at the end.  I'm starting to think it's bugged. I'm getting tired of getting Investigations for Odogaron or Radobaan from breaking off peices of Vaal or picking up his footprints.  It makes no sense. 

• Like 1

A brand new Event Quest has been released today that comes with a guaranteed Giant Dodogama and Tiny Azure Rathalos. It's a 7-star HR quest called "USJ Blazing Azure Stars!" and the catch is that only a Japanese player who's got a special mission DLC code from Universal Studios Japan can start the quest, but this doesn't mean that you cannot join the quest once they set off an SOS flare! It may take you awhile (just search for HR Event Quest SOS', takes me 10-15 minutes per run) but it's guaranteed and will also give you special materials to unlock the currently Japanese-exclusive Azure Star weapon, palico gear, and hunter armor set!

• Like 2