Crown Guide.

LordNEET

On 28.7.2018 at 8:31 PM, Gennasuke said:

You have to pick return from quest not abandon quest 

On 28.7.2018 at 10:53 PM, Orenn16 said:

Good to know, that should save me some time. Thank you!

You abandon the Quest if its NOT the right size! So you save the Astera-Loading time.

Backups befor starting investigations is also a good thing to do but with the events not really necessary.

SSD instead of the HDD saves also a bunch of loading times!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2018 at 7:54 PM, brOwniiez said:

Just need Giant Uragaan, killed him 89 times and only a silver.

Can’t wait to delete this game until DLC.

Uragaan is very easy to measure. Stand under his leg and make sure the "circle" on HIS leg is about a heads length above your head.

For Kirin, you'll want that grey lateral line to line up perfectly with your head.

For Nergi, crouch and his tail should be about a head bigger than you.

For Teostra, easy one, just make sure the back ankle is about 1.5 heads length above the hunter.

If anyone needs help measuring, lemme know. I've become a pro at measuring monsters in this game.

• Like 1

Just need Kirin crowns and I will have them all (for the trophies). Please RNGesus, smile upon me.

Update 71st kill got mini. Hopefully not another 70 before large >.<

Update 2: 81st kill got Large. By the Sapphire Star, I am glad to be done hunting crowns.

Edited by Squirlruler
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2018 at 8:04 PM, dokkanexpert said:

Uragaan is very easy to measure. Stand under his leg and make sure the "circle" on HIS leg is about a heads length above your head.

For Kirin, you'll want that grey lateral line to line up perfectly with your head.

For Teostra, easy one, just make sure the back ankle is about 1.5 heads length above the hunter.

If anyone needs help measuring, lemme know. I've become a pro at measuring monsters in this game.

Look at the date

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 3:04 PM, dokkanexpert said:

Don't suppose you'd have a good method at measuring a Kushala Daora in the Elder's Recess?  I keep thinking I have a giant and no crown.  Plus measuring him seems to change depending on which way his tail is laying.

9 hours ago, SkullRobot said:

Don't suppose you'd have a good method at measuring a Kushala Daora in the Elder's Recess?  I keep thinking I have a giant and no crown.  Plus measuring him seems to change depending on which way his tail is laying.

Pause at 1:52. That's how I measured to get my gold crown.

In general: For the best chance at crowns, go for investigations with at least 1 gold and 1 silver reward. Also Lunastra quest line gives a guaranteed giant Teostra if that hasn't been mentioned already in this thread.

Edited by jaehyun1009
adding some info

8 hours ago, jaehyun1009 said:

In general: For the best chance at crowns, go for investigations with at least 1 gold and 1 silver reward. Also Lunastra quest line gives a guaranteed giant Teostra if that hasn't been mentioned already in this thread.

Right after seeing this post my next Kushala was a giant gold crown.  Thank you!  5 more crowns left.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:52 PM, jaehyun1009 said:

Here ya go, I recorded a video for ya... when you see the size of the leg, you'll know it's the Crown. the heel goes above the hunters head about an inch.

Also, you can use your Palico equipped with the Plunderblade and do a Plunderblade attack (or that other one I forget the name of) and your palico will throw something at Kushala and Kushala will get up, roar, and walk around again.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been hunting crowns in the Coral Highlands. Will update as I find more.

TL;DR pick investigations with 3 uses and gold rewards.

-----

CORAL HIGHLANDS

-----

Paolumu - Mini Crown

Uses: 3

Investigation Rank: 6

Investigation Type: Hunt (Paolumu)

Conditions: HR11+, Max players: 2

Failure Conditions:  Faint 3 times

Time Limit: 30 minutes

Rewards: Silver / Silver / Gold / Gold

Rate Up: Gathering Points

I don't have all the details on the mission for the large crown because I got it on the last one, but it was a Legiana quest with Paolumu and Deviljho in the area. 3 uses, 50 minutes, 2 faints, and at least 1 gold quest reward.

---

Legiana - Mini Crown + Large Crown

Investigation Rank: 7

Investigation Type: Hunt (Tzitzi-Ya-Ku, Legiana)

Conditions: HR13+

Time Limit: 50 minutes

Rewards: Bronze / Silver / Gold

---

Odogaron - Mini Crown

Investigation Type: Hunt (Tzitzi-Ya-Ku, Legiana)

Conditions: HR13+, Max players: 2

Failure Conditions:  Faint 5 times

Rewards: Bronze / Silver / Gold

Rate Up: Reward Money, Gathering Points

---

Tzitzi-Ya-Ku - Mini Crown

Investigation Type: Hunt (Legiana)

Failure Conditions:  Faint 2 times

Rewards: Silver / Silver / Gold

Rate Up: Conch Shell

Tzitzi-Ya-Ku - Large Crown

Investigation Rank: 6

Investigation Type: Hunt (Paolumu, Tzitzi-Ya-Ku)

Conditions: HR11+

Rate Up: Conch Shell

-----

ELDER'S RECESS

-----

Nergigante - Large Crown

Uses: 5

Investigation Rank: 8

Investigation Type: Slay (Nergigante)

Failure Conditions:  Faint 5 times

Time Limit: 15 minutes

Rewards: Bronze / Silver / Gold

---

Azure Rathalos - Large Crown

Investigation Type: Hunt (Azure Rathalos)

Rate Up: Bonepiles

---

Dodogama - Mini Crown

Investigation Type: Capture (Uragaan)

Conditions: HR13+, Max players: 2

Failure Conditions:  Faint 3 times, target is slain

Rewards: Silver / Silver / Gold / Gold

Rate Up: Amber Deposits, Reward Money

Edited by Xillia
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2019-03-05 at 9:39 PM, Frag___Hero said:

A tip for everyone. Write on this thread that you are struggling. I've spent 3 days farming Black Diablos for the large gold. Wrote in the thread and within 5 Investigations I finally got it

Yeah lol, happened to us a lot last year, had to immediately edit my post as Crown dropped after posting in this thread. Good luck!

Finally got the big crowns yesterday for both Kushala (after 65 hunts, and numerous "return from quests") and Black Diablos...the only missing one is the big Azure Rathalos. Worst case scenario I wait for the Elders Recess event when it comes back to they cycle (it might be next friday), if I haven't manage to get it then.

• 1 month later...

For Dragons, I am just missing mini Kirin and both crowns for Nerg, but I don't have any Silver-Gold investigations.

Should I check out their Silver-Silver-Silver and Bronze-Silver investigations or is it a waste of time?

I can kill both of them really fast, but I don't want to make attempts if crowns never show up in a non-gold reward investigation

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp

On 7/7/2019 at 11:23 AM, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

For Dragons, I am just missing mini Kirin and both crowns for Nerg, but I don't have any Silver-Gold investigations.

Should I check out their Silver-Silver-Silver and Bronze-Silver investigations or is it a waste of time?

I can kill both of them really fast, but I don't want to make attempts if crowns never show up in a non-gold reward investigation

According to the guy in the link i posted below, its a waste of time. Not exactly sure how he got his data (probably part of the data mining community on PC) but he knows his stuff and according to him, standard investigations must contain at least one gold and one silver reward box, or three gold reward boxes to spawn crown sizes.

Likewise, tempered investigations must contain at least 3 reward boxes to spawn crown sizes.

The info he shows also lines up with my experiences while playing the game and crown hunting. Like i said i'm not 100% what his source is but the PC guys can really get down to the source on RNG chances of stuff in this game (Like they did with the decorations actual drop rates).

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

According to the guy in the link i posted below, its a waste of time. Not exactly sure how he got his data (probably part of the data mining community on PC) but he knows his stuff and according to him, standard investigations must contain at least one gold and one silver reward box to spawn crown sizes.

Likewise, tempered investigations must contain at least 3 reward boxes to spawn crown sizes.

The info he shows also lines up with my experiences while playing the game and crown hunting. Like i said i'm not 100% what his source is but the PC guys can really get down to the source on RNG chances of stuff in this game (Like they did with the decorations actual drop rates).

Ok thank you so much for the quick reply. I won't do Silver/Bronze then.

But here's my other problem, I don't get any Silver-Gold investigations for Kirin/Nerg, even if I pick up a lot of their own tracks.

I get investigations for others monsters instead...wtf!?

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp

30 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

So what crowns can you NOT get in events again? 

you cannot get crowns in:

*Assignment quests

*Optional quests

*Low Rank investigations 

*High Rank investigations that do not contain at least 1 gold and 1 silver reward

*Tempered investigations with only two reward boxes

you can get crowns in:

*High Rank investigations with at least 1 gold and 1 silver reward box

*Tempered investigations with at least 3 reward boxes

*Event quests, but only certain ones

So if you have a quest with 1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze reward then it has a chance at crowns, but if you have a quest with 2 gold and 2 bronze rewards then it will not ever give crowns, despite technically having better rewards.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1