Crown Guide.

LordNEET

2 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

you cannot get crowns in:

*Assignment quests

*Optional quests

*Low Rank investigations 

*High Rank investigations that do not contain at least 1 gold and 1 silver reward

*Tempered investigations with onoy two reward boxes

you can get crowns in:

*High Rank investigations with at least 1 gold and 1 silver reward box

*Tempered investigations with at least 3 reward boxes

*Event quests, but only certain ones.

No, you misunderstood me. I know that there are events that make getting crowns easier on a rotating basis. I meant the monsters that don't have crown events. 

Just now, MidnightDragon said:

No, you misunderstood me. I know that there are events that make getting crowns easier on a rotating basis. I meant the monsters that don't have crown events. 

Oh. My bad. Black Diablos, Kirin, Nergigante, Vaal Hazak, Kushala Daora, and Teostra.

And of course DLC monsters but they dont matter.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

Ok thank you so much for the quick reply. I won't do Silver/Bronze then.

But here's my other problem, I don't get any Silver-Gold investigations for Kirin/Nerg, even if I pick up a lot of their own tracks.

I get investigations for others monsters instead...wtf!?

yeah unfortunately the drop rate for non-tempered elder dragons is terrible. farm in the area of the monster you want, Coral Highlands for Kirin, Rotten Vale for Hazak, Ancient forest for Kushala and Elders Recess for Nerg. Pretty sure any high rank monster trails have a chance at non tempered elder investigations.

sorry, i didnt see this question earlier.

• Like 1

Lol I figured out how to get silver-gold investigations. Made a friend and we did his investigations and we both got our mini/giant Kirinz.

HUNTER TEAMWORK BABYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

48 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

yeah unfortunately the drop rate for non-tempered elder dragons is terrible. farm in the area of the monster you want, Coral Highlands for Kirin, Rotten Vale for Hazak, Ancient forest for Kushala and Elders Recess for Nerg. Pretty sure any high rank monster trails have a chance at non tempered elder investigations.

sorry, i didnt see this question earlier.

Ok ty good advice Mr. Sloth :D

Nah don't apologize.

2 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

Oh. My bad. Black Diablos, Kirin, Nergigante, Vaal Hazak, Kushala Daora, and Teostra.

And of course DLC monsters but they dont matter.

Oh btw!!!

You can get a Giant Teo from the Lunastra quest line I believe.

But mini has to come from investigations.

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Crowns

Quests with high chance for large / small Crown 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep Green Blues - Great Jagras / Pukei-Pukei / Tobi-Kadachi / Anjanath / Rathalos

Wildspire Bolero - Kulu-Ya-Ku / Barroth / Jyuratodus / Rathian / Diablos

Coral Waltz - Tzitzi-Ya-Ku / Paolumu / Pink Rathian / Legiana

Effluvial Opera - Great Girros / Radobaan / Odoragon / Bazelgeuse

Rock N' Roll Recess - Dodogama / Uragaan / Lavasioth / Azure Rathalos

Guaranteed Crown Quests:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USJ Gold Star Treatment :  Great Jagras, Large and Small 

Egg Lovers United : Kulu-Ya-Ku, Large

Down the Dark, Muddy Road : Barroth, Large 

The Proving : Anjanath, Large

A Rush of Blood: Odogaron, Small

USJ Blazing Azure Stars : Azure Rathalos, Small

USJ Blazing Azure Stars : Dodogama, Large

The Blazing Sun : Teostra, Large

The Heart of the Nora : Deviljho, Large and Small (not required for trophy)

What you'll need to heavily farm is :

Kirin

Nergigante

Kushala Daora

Vaal Hazak

Black Diablos

Teostra (for small)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Quests with high chance for large / small Crown 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep Green Blues - Great Jagras / Pukei-Pukei / Tobi-Kadachi / Anjanath / Rathalos

Wildspire Bolero - Kulu-Ya-Ku / Barroth / Jyuratodus / Rathian / Diablos

Coral Waltz - Tzitzi-Ya-Ku / Paolumu / Pink Rathian / Legiana

Effluvial Opera - Great Girros / Radobaan / Odoragon / Bazelgeuse

Rock N' Roll Recess - Dodogama / Uragaan / Lavasioth / Azure Rathalos

Guaranteed Crown Quests:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USJ Gold Star Treatment :  Great Jagras, Large and Small 

Egg Lovers United : Kulu-Ya-Ku, Large

Down the Dark, Muddy Road : Barroth, Large 

The Proving : Anjanath, Large

A Rush of Blood: Odogaron, Small

USJ Blazing Azure Stars : Azure Rathalos, Small

USJ Blazing Azure Stars : Dodogama, Large

The Blazing Sun : Teostra, Large

The Heart of the Nora : Deviljho, Large and Small (not required for trophy)

What you'll need to heavily farm is :

Kirin

Nergigante

Kushala Daora

Vaal Hazak

Black Diablos

Teostra (for small)

Appreciate it. :)

8 minutes ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

I only have 1 non-event crown left, small Nerg, but I am not having any luck getting silver-gold investigations. I pick up his tracks and the tracks of other monsters in the Elder Recess, nothing.

Don't know what else to do.

That's about all you can do unfortunately. You could switch to tempered ED investigation farming, which imo is easier and will get you a nergy quest faster but will also give you a tempered version instead of a normal one.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

Just now, danceswithsloths said:

That's about all you can do unfortunately. You could switch to tempered ED investigation farming, which imo is easier and woll get you a nergy quest faster but will also give you a tempered version instead of a normal one.

Ok I got tempered Lunastra and Teo, I'll just follow them and get their tracks. Good advice ty.

• Like 1

Well I have taken a day and a half to try to get the Kushala Daora gold crown. It is the only one I need to get the platinum. I have killed 67 of them, and I could have sworn several were Godzilla big. I even used the measuring videos to find several big enough monsters, but still no crown after killing them. The largest I've gotten was 2334, which feels like a cruel joke because that is less the sixty away from being a gold crown. I have tried most of the hunts on investigations with at least a silver and gold. If anyone has advice I will gladly take it, otherwise I am just posting this rambling complaint in the hopes that it gets me better luck. Thank you for reading if you did.

Update: OK this eerie! Literally the next morning after posting this, I got the gold crown my first try. The platinum is mine! Idk what kind of RNG magic this site holds, but posting your problems here seems to work.

Edited by QuietCool187
Update
  • Like 4

Looking for people who have Nergigante Silver-Gold investigations, his mini crown is the only one I am missing. But I am having no luck getting good investigations for him.
We can also do arenas if you would like.
If you need help with anything else, I will help you in return.
Send a friend request to:  Chocolat_Giddyup

Edit: Got both Nerg crowns, ty so much BlueRustedRobot from MHW Reddit!!!

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp

• 5 weeks later...

5 more gold crowns to get.  All large.  Been spending the past day, soon to be 2, trying to get a large Uragaan and to no avail.

Can't get it in the Rock and Roll Opera event.  Not even with the 2 Uragaans event.  Investigation after investigation......NOTHING.

Edit:

While I've still yet to get the large gold crown for the Uragaan, I did manage to get the Legiana instead.  So 4 more to get.

Looks like I'll have to be repeatedly play the Rock and Roll Opera event constantly until I finally get the Uragaan.

Oh my God, why is this crown such a pain in the ass to get?

Edited by lightning_kf
Additional Info

Mini black Diablos is frustrating as hell (last one I need) I was sure I had one yesterday but someone triple carted on me in the quest, last time I attempt it in multiplayer! 

Edit:

Scratch that! literally the quest after putting this up I got the mini black diablos, best thing you can do is put something on here! 

Edited by JRushton09

On 8/15/2019 at 2:13 PM, JRushton09 said:

Mini black Diablos is frustrating as hell (last one I need) I was sure I had one yesterday but someone triple carted on me in the quest, last time I attempt it in multiplayer! 

Edit:

Scratch that! literally the quest after putting this up I got the mini black diablos, best thing you can do is put something on here! 

wish that worked for me, xD I posted on monday I needed Legi and after another 20 missions yesterday I got it.... RNG hates me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

I read things like it took me two hours and I am like I have been here 3 days and got nothing......

If you do the event quests, which are up for another 11 days you should have no trouble getting everything except the elder dragons and black diablos which there currently are no events for.

1 minute ago, Misshandlad said:

If you do the event quests, which are up for another 11 days you should have no trouble getting everything except the elder dragons and black diablos which there currently are no events for.

even with the event quests Legiana took me from Monday to Friday running nothing but Crystal Waltz, I have been running a mix of Kushala Daora, Black Diablos, and Kirin for 3 days now got nothing from them so far.

1 minute ago, BTHRZeroX said:

even with the event quests Legiana took me from Monday to Friday running nothing but Crystal Waltz, I have been running a mix of Kushala Daora, Black Diablos, and Kirin for 3 days now got nothing from them so far.

Ouch, feel you. Well best wishes, I for one hope to be done before Iceborne but we'll see

34 minutes ago, Misshandlad said:

Another one of those Black Diablos seekers, final one I need. 2nd day farming. Been quite lucky with all the elders, never needing more than an hour or two for any single crown, guess this is the punishment.

Can always hope complaining helps 

33 minutes after complaining, I got the giant blos crown. Guess it does indeed help ? done with all crowns, just the arena quests and a few multiplayer quests left. 

Edited by Misshandlad
  • Like 2

I just need giant Dodogama and Kirin, as well as tiny Rathalos, Radobaan and Pink Rathian, all of which I’m close to getting a 100 hunted of each. 

Can I leave a quest midway and still get a crown? I’ve never been able to tell for sure if I could or not

EDIT: Well, just answered my own question. Did the USJ quest with the giant Dodogama and sure enough, you can get crowns if you return from quest midway. Just the Kirin left for the giant crowns then!

Edited by SuperGravyBoat
Update to what I needed