Crown Guide.

LordNEET

USJ event for the Palico and Azure long sword has a Gold Jagras and Mini. The west might get it soon maybe. 

The Aloy costume quest is said to feature a giant Anjanath so that might be a gold crown as well but I got my gold crown in the new multi monster event. 

Gold crown Barroth is in the Ryu quest that will be available to everyone soon, or if you have SFV/find someone hosting the quest right now. 

I feel like it's really RNG (except for certain quests)  but it seems investigations trigger the most times a crown will spawn. I've been getting a lot of silvers for giants but minis are hard to come by. 

Once I finish white winds I'll most likely start grinding crowns. 

Edited by Cielle
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Juras said:

Can Rathalos spawn as small on this event? All other's (not sure if Anja was small, i already had both crowns for him and Tobi but got some size updates) can be giant or small, except Rath for me, he is always huge.

Update: Got Rathalos mini, Tobi mini, and Pukei-Pukei large. Just continue playing this one until you get all the crowns for each enemy!:D

I'm about ready to scream with fury at the Deep Green Blues event quest - I've done it well over 30 times now and I don't have a single Anjanath crown. Can anyone confirm that it actually DOES drop from it?

Also, does returning from the quest after you've killed a monster let you keep the crown data? I'd rather not kill all 5 repeatedly when I already have Tobi and Rath both...

48 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

I'm about ready to scream with fury at the Deep Green Blues event quest - I've done it well over 30 times now and I don't have a single Anjanath crown. Can anyone confirm that it actually DOES drop from it?

Also, does returning from the quest after you've killed a monster let you keep the crown data? I'd rather not kill all 5 repeatedly when I already have Tobi and Rath both...

When I only had one last crown to get which was a mini Anjanath I went and killed it then returned from quest. I got the mini crown that way

54 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

It does indeed drop from it, got my largest Anjanath on my first clear, along with large Jagras and Pukei.

...well, I have a few more days yet til the quest ends, guess panic is premature. Just...how can it be JUST Anjanath that I'm not seeing ._.

Also, do you have to kill them for a crown, or will capturing suffice? Because I took on a fairly large Anjanath earlier, caught it, and I didn't even get a silver for it...

Edited by Celesteela

2 hours ago, Celesteela said:

Also, do you have to kill them for a crown, or will capturing suffice? Because I took on a fairly large Anjanath earlier, caught it, and I didn't even get a silver for it...

Mini Anjanath was also my last crown for this quest and I had to farm it like crazy until it dropped. 

Best advice I can give you is to do the quest solo, kill the jargas, go to camp and open your map until it spawns. To see it its a small one I found that it helped to place your character next to it and check the size with your character. If the legs are longer then your character, it is not a small one. For my small one the head of my character reached the stomach. 

I first killed every Anja but that took too long (because it takes time to spawn it) until I did the size measurement. 

If you return from a quest, you get to keep everything and also the crowns, this is the fastest way to farm a single monster in that quest. Capturing or slaying does not matter as I got crowns from both. 

Hope this helps and good luck!

Edited by Juicy_Babysteak

A way to help others with crowns would be to capture each monster that gives gold crown and then recapture em in the special arena (so the quest can be repeated) since special arena has the monster you captured in the wild.

Has anyone tried this idea out yet?

Jyuradotus Giant Crown

6 Star Capture Investigation

Conditions: HR 11 or Higher

Failure conditions: Faint 3 Times, time expires, or target is slain

Retries: 3

Upsurge in Bonepiles, and the upsurge icon is next to reward money as well

Definitely believe the 3s and 5s = crown and 8 = nada now

EDIT: Just got Tobi's Giant Crown from the same weekly you folks are all doing

Edited by Burgins

5 hours ago, Celesteela said:

sure.

28061331_10155520539426379_1006108131310

And yes, it does.

3 hours ago, Juicy_Babysteak said:

I first killed every Anja but that took too long (because it takes time to spawn it) until I did the size measurement. 

for an explanation: only three monsters can be on the map at the same time. The first three that spawn are Jagras, Pukei-Pukei and Tobi-Kadachi. Kill/capture one of them, Anjanath spawns. One more: Rathalos spawns.

They also all spawn at their nest and then roam around it.

So if you are going for Rathalos, you need to eliminate two monsters first. So he takes time if you're not lucky. I have yet to get a single crown from him.

Finally got all the crowns you can get from green blues, with the exception of big Anja. Not going to bother with that one since we’re just going to get it for free in a bit over a week.

Edited by Happy

5 hours ago, Tosmasta00 said:

A way to help others with crowns would be to capture each monster that gives gold crown and then recapture em in the special arena (so the quest can be repeated) since special arena has the monster you captured in the wild.

Has anyone tried this idea out yet?

That's not correct, it's not the same size. I've gotten different size monsters when doing the special arena quests. 

• Like 1

I've had a few pop up in the last 6 or so hours of grinding. 2 double mini and a mini and large in same investigation few others here and there from other investigations.

Not sure if I'm on to something or not but I've gotten mine mostly from the tempered investigations it atleast feels like theres a higher % chance from tempered. 

3 hours ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

I've had a few pop up in the last 6 or so hours of grinding. 2 double mini and a mini and large in same investigation few others here and there from other investigations.

Not sure if I'm on to something or not but I've gotten mine mostly from the tempered investigations it atleast feels like theres a higher % chance from tempered. 

Nope.