Crown Guide.

LordNEET

Hi, just registered to Psnprofiles.

I just finished getting all 5 small & 5 large crowns from the event quest "Deep green blues" so I can confirm that it's possible to receive all crowns.

The last crown I needed from the event was large tobi-kadachi, which took quite a while. I read from some comments that the best way to get the last crown is by slaying the specific & returning from quest, not completing the entire quest. I did this for Tobi-Kadachi during 2 hours (event quest) and did not get an update, so I'm not sure that this works. Every time I started a new quest it seemed that it was the same size. It is true that the guild card registeres your kill though. I even tried some investigations but still nothing.

Because of this, I decided to start completing the event quests, as that was how I got the other 9. I imagined that this was how I was going to get the last one.

As soon as I posted a quest, sent an SOS flare and completed the event quest with a full squad, I got the gold large crown on the first try (after solo-grind-returning 2h)... So it took me 1 try to get the last crown by completing, not returning from the quest.

Well, I'm not sure if this is a coincidence. Sure, if it took me some tries by completing it, but as it was on my first... Hmm

Edited by Erkawest

7 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I just finished getting all 5 small & 5 large crowns from the event quest "Deep green blues" so I can confirm that it's possible to receive all crowns.

The last crown I needed from the event was large tobi-kadachi, which took quite a while. I read from some comments that the best way to get the last crown is by slaying the specific & returning from quest, not completing the entire quest. I did this for Tobi-Kadachi during 2 hours (event quest) and did not get an update, so I'm not sure that this works. Every time I started a new quest it seemed that it was the same size. It is true that the guild card registeres your kill though. I even tried some investigations but still nothing.

Because of this, I decided to start completing the event quests, as that was how I got the other 9. I imagined that this was how I was going to get the last one.

As soon as I posted a quest, sent an SOS flare and completed the event quest with a full squad, I got the gold large crown on the first try (after solo-grind-returning 2h)... So it took me 1 try to get the last crown by completing, not returning from the quest.

Well, I'm not sure if this is a coincidence. Sure, if it took me some tries by completing it, but as it was on my first... Hmm

It's a coincidence. The chances are not crazy high... just high. 

So if I kill the monsters I need and leave the quest I can still get the crown?

Im only missing a Big Gold crown for Pukei-Pukei and a Mini Gold Crown for Rathalos, and its kinda annoying to go killing the rest of monsters each time since I don't want their materials either, specially the Great Jagras

2 minutes ago, Jamberman said:

Im only missing a Big Gold crown for Pukei-Pukei and a Mini Gold Crown for Rathalos, and its kinda annoying to go killing the rest of monsters each time since I don't want their materials either, specially the Great Jagras

Yes, but just leave not abandon.

11 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Does anyone have a picture/video of a Large Crown Kushala? I've gotten silver crown, but every time I think it might be a tad bigger, it's nothing.

i got a gold and it's 2391.41 if that helps

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

It's taking me forever to get a large Pukei, what was your size?

1 hour ago, Jamberman said:

Solo I am done with both Jagras and Pukei in 5 minutes. Then wait for Rathalos at his spawn point and check out his size. If you think the size is odd, kill it. Or kill it every time if you don't think you are able to guess it.

Leave after.

I have 5 big and 4 mini ... luckily I just need the Great Jargas mini.. now it took some time to get them and I believe I’ve gottwn two big Anth crown lol as in the first I got and did the quest again and got another one.. don’t know if it counts twice for trophy atleast the 10 one or I just thought I got it twice.. going to try the leave after kill.. I actually don’t mind killing everything.. you get almost half a bar of exp.. and pretty much have what I need.. besides gems.. ohh the gems ?

1 hour ago, Rhevarr said:

Any tips on measuring Baselgeuse? Kinda can not find a good spot and he always escapes quickly.

If you cant vault over it with the insect glaive, its a big basel. If he is about the size of a rathalos or rathian height wise, he is small.

I just started crown hunting as a new player to MH while waiting for my friend to catch up. I got a mini Pukie with a ⭐6 Great Hunting Investigation.
I was actually using the closest quest I had to this post's quest for a giant crown.
Jagras & Pukie
30 min
15300z
2 player, faint 2 times
1 bronze, 1 silver, 1gold

I presume I can't use this for a giant crown if it gave me mini? I'm not sure I can do the Deep Green Blues event quest that can give three crowns because of the Rathalos. At least not in 50 minutes. I'm too poor at the game for that... If I fail from a time up, do I still get the crowns?