Crown Guide.

LordNEET

1 hour ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Sorry if this has been answered before in the thread but if i return from an investigation after determining that rhe monster isnt a gold crown will my attempt be lost?

it uses the attempt up if thats what you mean, the game saves every time you take on an investigation for this reason.

From Deep Green Blues I got

Giant Great Jagras Crown

Giant & Tiny Pukei-Pukei Crowns

Giant Tobi-Kadachi Crown

Giant & Tiny Anjanath Crown

Giant Rathalos Crown

Combining it with another user that posted earlier, I could at least try again to find Tiny Great Jagras. Has anyone found Tiny Tobi and Tiny Rathalos by doing the quest?

5 minutes ago, Ryuzaki1993 said:

Giant Great Jagras Crown

Giant Tobi-Kadachi Crown

Giant Rathalos Crown

Combining it with another user that posted earlier, I could at least try again to find Tiny Great Jagras. Has anyone found Tiny Tobi and Tiny Rathalos by doing the quest?

If you follow the thread, multiple people already got every of the 10 crowns there.

You can get lucky, but if not, just finish it until thursday.

Edited by Rhevarr
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ryuzaki1993 said:

Giant Great Jagras Crown

Giant Tobi-Kadachi Crown

Giant Rathalos Crown

Yeah, I got both of those (actually got Tobi mini crown then an even smaller Tobi, I assume the smallest possible), and Tiny Great Jagras

Still need a Tiny Pukei-Pukei and both Anhanaths, but I haven't had much time to play :(

But yeah, mini and giant gold are available for all 5 of the monsters in the event :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leandroxpto said:

I got one giant and one small gold crown from this investigations

Giant Gold Crown  KULA-YA-KU 

https://imgur.com/a/uBQiF

https://imgur.com/a/FPkNP

Small Gold Crown  Great Jagras

https://imgur.com/a/YiFM4

https://imgur.com/a/Gndo8

About Kulu ya ku do you remember the size him? like when your hunter is near his leg?
I having trouble to distinguish the size of him.

35 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Anyone know most efficient way to farm elder dragon crowns?

Same thing you do for wvery other monster in the game, restart investigations until you get the size you want. It’s a bit more tedious since you can only check one monster at a time but that’s all you can do.

8 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Sorry if this has been answered before in the thread but if i return from an investigation after determining that rhe monster isnt a gold crown will my attempt be lost?

Yes, the attempt is lost when you put the mission on the board I believe... regardless it definitely uses the attempt if you return from mission.

EDIT: Oh wow my page was not updated. old post, oops

Edited by k_Reign

On 19/02/2018 at 9:30 AM, Atsira said:

Well, I recevied many messages asking for tips so I 'd like to share some.
1. Don't farm the monsters in optional. i found no crown there according to my own experience.
2. Farm crowns in high rank investigations with multi-target/15min/faint 1 time and so on. btw the tempered one is not required
3. You don't have to kill every monster. Compare its size to your (character's) height and reset the quest if its size is neigher huge or tiny

Apology for poor english, and good luck everyone 

This definitely works. I've been following this method now and already gained two miniature and two large gold crowns from it 

9 hours ago, Ryuzaki1993 said:

Giant Great Jagras Crown

Giant Tobi-Kadachi Crown

Giant Rathalos Crown

Did the quest 15+ times and got all of them max and mini.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

If anyone has access to the large barroth quest and wouldn't mind helping me out please add me. Psn:abhinandhan22

Same here i am searching for someone too

or you can wait this quest will be open for everyone this Friday

Edited by dark69knight

Deep green blues is making me blue. I got 9 of the 10 crowns after completing it 7 times. I've done it another dozen-ish times the last two days trying to get the mini ratholos with no luck yet. I'm hoping I can get it before it's teplaced by the wildspire waste event on friday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjl73185 said:

Deep green blues is making me blue. I got 9 of the 10 crowns after completing it 7 times. I've done it another dozen-ish times the last two days trying to get the mini ratholos with no luck yet. I'm hoping I can get it before it's teplaced by the wildspire waste event on friday.

If you just need the rathalos then just run to him every time and check his size. If you find one that looks small kill it and then leave the quest. If it's crown worthy you'll still get the crown. Had this same problem with Tobi and someone mentioned this to me.

11 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Anyone know most efficient way to farm elder dragon crowns?

Someone else put this in another thread and it should really help

Just got both Kushala Daora crowns on a slaying 30 minutes/1 death/located in Ancient Forest back to back

The Petricant (living Fossil) spawned twice while I was on Vaal Hazaak tempered mission, was funny seeing everyone get cursed while I was hooking some legends :P

The elders drop crowns more regularly outside their own lair. 

Tried following the video someone posted on the other thread regarding elder crown sizes and i managed to get 1 kushala large, 1 teostra large silver,1 large silver kirin and iirc two smallest(no crowns) in approximately 7 hrs of plat. Still kinda hard to judge exactly if its a large crown. Getting super frustrated. Either my luck is trash or the rng is still pretty insane

6 hours ago, dark69knight said:

Same here i am searching for someone too

or you can wait this quest will be open for everyone this Friday

Oh thanks for that information. Guess i will wait in that case