Game ranks on profiles

Sly Ripper

Pretty cool! ^_^ As we're on the topic of our trophy profile, is it possible a place could be added that allows us to rate the game out of 10? People could browse our trophy profiles to get opinions on games as well, even if it was just a simple 9/10.

Anyway, I like the idea of being ranked for each game. I'll probably have the worst rank for all of mine. :P

• Like 2

Pretty cool! ^_^ As we're on the topic of our trophy profile, is it possible a place could be added that allows us to rate the game out of 10? People could browse our trophy profiles to get opinions on games as well, even if it was just a simple 9/10.

Anyway, I like the idea of being ranked for each game. I'll probably have the worst rank for all of mine. :P

Along the same lines as this idea, i thought to do it on ygc adding 5 star rating as well as like/dislike buttons for each game. The rating could be used for the games difficulty where as the like/dislike would be just that you either like the game or you dont

This would be a nice touch. But i guess this is going to just make people look bad if they have 900+ trophies and only a few platinums...

It's your percentage complete in the game compared to the average percentage complete, so not having a Platinum doesn't mean you still can't rank A for games. Besides, if it does make them look bad, it's another incentive to do better in trophy collecting.

I'd definitely add a "D" and or an "F" (0-5). A "C" rating for games with just 1 or 2 trophies is too generous IMO.

That was my first thought. It's a nifty idea though, like someone else said, it's just more incentive to get all S's. :P

EDIT: Or at least make the lowest D. An F is kind of harsh since it means you're failing lol.

• Like 1

I like it. The ranks make it easier to prioritise which games to work on next.

What does S stand for? Super-duper?

I'd go with a D for a few trophies and F for 0%...it provides a kick up the arse to get moving on the game.

Eburk got gimped by a non-stacking trophy for the Easy playthrough...get with the times devs and stack those difficulty trophies!

What does S stand for? Super-duper?

"‘S-Rank’ is a term used in games, most commonly awarded at the end of stages with graded missions or side objectives.

Originally created in Japan where anything below grade ‘C’ was considered a failure. The 'S-Rank' allowed for a wider range of obtainable grades and thus player motivation, meaning that it was soon adopted by western developers who realized that the ‘S-Rank’ was much cooler than the boring ‘A’. An A rank is commonly obtained by getting a 90% to 95%. If the player is flawless or achieves perfection in something, it qualifies as an S . Many people have wondered what the S stands for… Special? Super? No one knows for sure."

http://www.giantbomb...s-rank/92-2962/

• Like 4

This would still be a hellish nightmare for some people. What if you come here, and you have 1000+ trophies, and 2 platinums. All your games are under 30% complete (Mostly). So its going to take FOREVER for get that possible "D" rank off your back! Fo the sake of those people, i disagree with an overall rank. Individual game ranks are fine.

This would still be a hellish nightmare for some people. What if you come here, and you have 1000+ trophies, and 2 platinums. All your games are under 30% complete (Mostly). So its going to take FOREVER for get that possible "D" rank off your back! Fo the sake of those people, i disagree with an overall rank. Individual game ranks are fine.

If you've got over one thousand trophies and only two of them are Platinums, there's something wrong with you, haha. Really though, I think people are forgetting that it's not based on Platinums; it's based on average completion. Law of averages; chances are, games you C'd in will be made up for in games you've S'd in.

However, I do retract the idea though, but for a different reason. You'd have to obtain 100% on all of your games to have an overall S rank. Screw that, lol.