Game ranks on profiles

Sly Ripper

However, I do retract the idea though, but for a different reason. You'd have to obtain 100% on all of your games to have an overall S rank. Screw that, lol.

That's what I've been trying too say! If you want your trophy profile to be like :eburk:,then you might as well start over! All 100% is a good trophy hunting insentive though. But it is a difficult one. I guess my assumption was based on the fact that evryone will strive for the Platinum "S" rank.

"‘S-Rank’ is a term used in games, most commonly awarded at the end of stages with graded missions or side objectives.

Originally created in Japan where anything below grade ‘C’ was considered a failure. The 'S-Rank' allowed for a wider range of obtainable grades and thus player motivation, meaning that it was soon adopted by western developers who realized that the ‘S-Rank’ was much cooler than the boring ‘A’. An A rank is commonly obtained by getting a 90% to 95%. If the player is flawless or achieves perfection in something, it qualifies as an S . Many people have wondered what the S stands for… Special? Super? No one knows for sure."

http://www.giantbomb...s-rank/92-2962/

Thanks for the explanation. That makes the existing ranking scheme perfect as is. Carry on.

Nope, would take too much time for something so small.

When im finished if you want you could import that table off my db.. When i get bored i been adding shit to a database, so far i got about half the games done. Ive added, developer, publisher, esrb rating, marked 3d support, move support, genre, and source (Retail/PSN/Both) to the games table. Also i have been marking in my trophy table which trophies belong to which dlc for seperation

Example game. (Dont mind the total, retail, dlc fields i havent ran my update script)

http://pastebin.com/MY8dBku1

Example Trophy

http://pastebin.com/KEZRrDyK

Nope, would take too much time for something so small.

Time aside, I'd imagine it would also be difficult, since ratings change from country to country - not only in terms of age, but also style. For example, the US ratings M and Teen do not apply in the UK, and European countries differ yet again.

Time aside, I'd imagine it would also be difficult, since ratings change from country to country - not only in terms of age, but also style. For example, the US ratings M and Teen do not apply in the UK, and European countries differ yet again.

Ratings differ yea, but if you know the ratings for each country a simple case and replace could work to display each countries rating based off just having the esrb (US rating)

Actually the easier way would be to have the user's point of origin be the factor on which database used...which would encompass an enormous amount of time inputting databases for each region/country. It would use up a lot of time and memory to have multiple tables, but it would be the easiest way to implement. If it was an important feature it might be worth the trouble, but for something minor, would you be willing to do it when there are more pressing issues at hand?

• 4 months later...

"‘S-Rank’ is a term used in games, most commonly awarded at the end of stages with graded missions or side objectives.

Originally created in Japan where anything below grade ‘C’ was considered a failure. The 'S-Rank' allowed for a wider range of obtainable grades and thus player motivation, meaning that it was soon adopted by western developers who realized that the ‘S-Rank’ was much cooler than the boring ‘A’. An A rank is commonly obtained by getting a 90% to 95%. If the player is flawless or achieves perfection in something, it qualifies as an S . Many people have wondered what the S stands for… Special? Super? No one knows for sure."

http://www.giantbomb...s-rank/92-2962/

"S" stand for shit-yea. Think I saw that on a wiki somewhere. :)

I agree with a lot of people here about the "D" rating, I think it would be good for the 0% - 5% mark as this would definitely be a fail.

Also the rank colours would change to as follows:

A - Green

B - Yellow

C - Orange

D - Red

:)

I've already said the ranks aren't based on fixed percentages.