A++ Requirements?

reckscollie

Is there a way to see the requirements for a level? I watched videos of the first level and my time was under them I still got A. And do i have to be 100% edible? Saw runs on youtube where they are not 100% but still A++. My run was 95% edible and time ia 1:50 but 0 deliciousness. Side queastion, how to be delicious? Lol. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

On 12/02/2018 at 4:07 AM, reckscollie said:

Is there a way to see the requirements for a level? I watched videos of the first level and my time was under them I still got A. And do i have to be 100% edible? Saw runs on youtube where they are not 100% but still A++. My run was 95% edible and time ia 1:50 but 0 deliciousness. Side queastion, how to be delicious? Lol. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Unfortunately the A++ requirements are not directly shown ANYWHERE within the game which is incredibly frustrating....however....the more difficult times/locations are in/around the 2:20 mark which on Story and Cheese Hunt missions make for one of the most difficult challenges most gamers will face in a video game. Most of the times you will come across are from the previous incarnation of 'IAmBread' on PC and the times allowed there for an A++ rating were/ARE laughable. Said times have been deliberately lowered for the PS4 version (how kind?!)

As for your question? Deliciousness DOES play a part in the A++ requirement. That is why you must concentrate on completing the location EXTRA quickly to negate the grade going down before one reaches below 90% deliciousness (NEVER touch the floor or grime for ANY reason.) You must toast yourself 'evenly' once you reach the heating implement. I know this is especially difficult in certain places like the bedroom (swing yourself vertically and up once next to the iron etc) but that is precisely why it was designed in such a way....

KaKrackle has the best video's around and is our (retired) 'IAmBread' jedi so following his general routes will usually shave a few valuable seconds off here/there. I have included a link below to his playlist. Good luck and do not give up. You have acquired the platinum for 'Super Meat Boy' thus you can/WILL achieve the platinum here in due course.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheFoundling said:

Unfortunately the A++ requirements are not directly shown ANYWHERE within the game which is incredibly frustrating....however....the more difficult times/locations are in/around the 2:20 mark which on Story and Cheese Hunt missions make for one of the most difficult challenges most gamers will face in a video game. Most of the times you will come across are from the previous incarnation of 'IAmBread' on PC and the times allowed there for an A++ rating were/ARE laughable. Said times have been deliberately lowered for the PS4 version (how kind?!)

As for your question? Deliciousness DOES play a part in the A++ requirement. That is why you must concentrate on completing the location EXTRA quickly to negate the grade going down before one reaches below 90% deliciousness (NEVER touch the floor or grime for ANY reason.) You must toast yourself 'evenly' once you reach the heating implement. I know this is especially difficult in certain places like the bedroom (swing yourself vertically and up once next to the iron etc) but that is precisely why it was designed in such a way....

KaKrackle has the best video's around and is our (retired) 'IAmBread' jedi so following his general routes will usually shave a few valuable seconds off here/there. I have included a link below to his playlist. Good luck and do not give up. You have acquired the platinum for 'Super Meat Boy' thus you can/WILL achieve the platinum here in due course.....

Thanks for the link. I was wondering why there aren't many videos on youtube about PS4 A++ runs. I managed to get to A++ the first 5 stages in story mode using improvised stuff cause I can't do exactly what the PC guide does. I hope I could pull out the two stages left  before moving on to other challenges.

On February 12, 2018 at 4:07 AM, reckscollie said:

If you want I can provide a pic of All my times to you in a message on PSN if thats all good?

4 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

I just want to point out that deliciousness does not affect A++ runs. Don't bother wasting time with it. Edibility + time, are most important. If you do insist on being delicious though, then you must cover yourself in jam and butter 1f604.png Allot like in real life....

Yeah I got that figured out upon playing. I wonder how delicious the cracker is after getting all the cheese. xD

• Like 1

I would probably still eat it though. No point in waisting good cheese.

ughhhhh....I'm pretty sure that it's impossible to talk to anyone about IAB without sounding like an insane, crazy person...

Anyway. Good luck with the platinum. I only recorded the story mode A++ times and a few cheese hunt levels, so I hope they help.

• Like 3