In The Nick Of Time Trophy....

My question is: What exactly constitutes as an interrupt? The tutorial states that you have to save an ally from being hit (in the tutorial the enemy AI uses an HP attack and you have to HP as well) but what about poise values? Does me winning a direct clash 1v1 count as an interrupt too? Can I use Bravery attacks to stop someone trying to combo an ally with a Bravery attack? It's super vague and I'm confused as to what I should try and do to maximize my chances of getting this trophy ._.

Do you need to win match for it to count towards trophy? Got 120 "Allies Saved" points but couldn't win match, enemy had 1 life left and desperately tried to run away from me, which resulted in time out for both teams despite us having all 3 lives and enemy team having 1 life left.

Edited by Onkarian

I think I found a good way of getting this trophy, I'm gonna tested it now. But basically, by using 2 TV's, 2 PS4's and a Vita for remote play, using 3 accounts and joining them in a party and the method sepheroithisgod mentioned to get into battles with AI, get into a match with the AI, line up the 2 dummy accounts together in a corner so the AI will also line up, and attack them as their attacking the dummy accounts. Here goes somethin'...

That's insane.. who has three devices like that lol. I would say just hug an enemy AI that is targeting an ally and hit them when they are about to do something. Remember poise can play into this. I would really like to know as well if you have to win or not for it to count. A++ requires you to win (had three A++ as Ultimecia, 2 wins, 1 tie and it didn't count so I had to get a 3rd win)

4 hours ago, Milovich said:

That's insane.. who has three devices like that lol. I would say just hug an enemy AI that is targeting an ally and hit them when they are about to do something. Remember poise can play into this. I would really like to know as well if you have to win or not for it to count. A++ requires you to win (had three A++ as Ultimecia, 2 wins, 1 tie and it didn't count so I had to get a 3rd win)

I just unlocked In The Nick Of Time and can confirm that you infact do NOT need to win to unlock this

But now that I unlocked In the Nick of Time, the only one I need to worry about is "They're Free! What An Offer!". I'm just wonder what the max P.Lv is since you have to open up 300 treasures, and I can't do the Story Trials on Hard, I'm hoping that the P.Lv is 300, and I'm at P.Lv 164.

I read that it is 1000. By rough calculations you will need around level 250 to get 300 treasures.

Btw, how much game time do you have so far to get to 164? I just wander how long it will take to get to 250 by repeating basic core trial. It takes me between 5-6 minutes per run and I am a little over level 50 now which is less than a level per run :D 

Edited by Silentium

21 hours ago, HighQuality_Beef said:

I just unlocked In The Nick Of Time and can confirm that you infact do NOT need to win to unlock this

But now that I unlocked In the Nick of Time, the only one I need to worry about is "They're Free! What An Offer!". I'm just wonder what the max P.Lv is since you have to open up 300 treasures, and I can't do the Story Trials on Hard, I'm hoping that the P.Lv is 300, and I'm at P.Lv 164.

Okay, nice to know that you don't have to win. I try to win anyway as I need the 300 wins trophy, but it's a good fail-safe :)

On 2/13/2018 at 6:27 PM, HighQuality_Beef said:

Hey man which character did you use and do you remember how much allies saved did you have? Thanks!

4 hours ago, WFMMK said:

Hey man which character did you use and do you remember how much allies saved did you have? Thanks!

I just got my trophy today. I switched between Garland, Squall and Ace. I found Ace and Garland the easiest to use. There is no way to tell (for me at least, as it wasn't always clear whether or not you saved them in time (if you were too slow or too fast at hitting the enemy). It's a bit trial and error and luck based. I just had a gut feeling in the end that I maybe had enough and I was usually right and good at predicting when I had gotten enough points or not. If you can, drag out the match as long as possible as it makes more saves possible.

Edited by Milovich

19 hours ago, WFMMK said:

I personally used Firion because his neutral ground combo has a small pull in effect, but you can do ot with any character, but it's like escarodasoul said, you need to save your allies from attacks 5 times, each save is worth 12 points so you need 60 points.

Also, there has to be a faster way of getting the "They're Free! What an Offer!" trophy beside Core Battle, I'm level 241 doing Core Battle Crystal Difficulty non stop and I'm ready to give up. I heard that from level 1-30 you get 2 treasure per level up, if that's true then it should've stood that way til at least 50, because if there isn't any special reward for getting to 300 treasures then it's basically just pointless grinding for for no real reason besides a trophy....

Edited by HighQuality_Beef

You are nearly there. Should be very close to it :D

Just do a simple math from 1-30 you get 60 treasures. You get around 20 from the story (not sure about the exact number since I do not remember if you get anything from the simple battles but you get 2 from the boss battles so that are 14 here). And you get around 10 from the trials (if you do them of course). So if we just say 20 from everything besides levels, that makes 80 treasures up to level 30... so 220 more and you get 300. Basically, that means level 250... if you haven't done the story or the trials, than 270. You should get it around those numbers (250-270) somewhere.

When I use the MTU method and fight nothing but CPUs...often the ones that are not targeting me are wandering aimlessly. For anyone that has this trophy...any other tips and tricks? Good characters to use? Ways to keep them from targeting you? Ways to get them to pursue and attack your teammates? Thank you.

On 2018-02-13 at 4:27 PM, HighQuality_Beef said:

So did you use the three account thing, or some other way? I have trouble getting this too. One match out of ten maybe...

Any hints to give?

Doing something wrong, have gotten 48 points three fights in a row...

Edited by Morfea

On 2/13/2018 at 6:00 AM, Milovich said:

Lol I do.