In The Nick Of Time Trophy....

On 2018/2/13 at 9:28 AM, HighQuality_Beef said:

I think I found a good way of getting this trophy, I'm gonna tested it now. But basically, by using 2 TV's, 2 PS4's and a Vita for remote play, using 3 accounts and joining them in a party and the method sepheroithisgod mentioned to get into battles with AI, get into a match with the AI, line up the 2 dummy accounts together in a corner so the AI will also line up, and attack them as their attacking the dummy accounts. Here goes somethin'...

Which character did you use to get this trophy? Did you fight with bots? 

God damn it this trophy, is so annoying try to help your mates, because they love to stay far far way from you.

UPDATE: Finally got, Y'shtola for the WIN!!! Just stay close to your mates in the air and spam her neutral bravery attack

Edited by rafael_martines

• 2 weeks later...

I often gets disconnected while playing with other players(hang in there net) so I had to rely on fighting bots. The bots are not really aggressive so I cannot use Y'shtola spam method. After tests, I ended up switching between Firion and Noctis and keeps on tailing Marksmen. I noticed that I do still get points even the enemy don't hit my allies, I just needed to interrupt their attacks. For Firion, I used away + BRV attack on ground - It has long reach but the con is I need to stay on ground. For Noctis (which I ended up using the most) is forward + BRV attack - not that good range but I find it very easy to use and easy to abuse to spam. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

If you are still struggling like me, give the Emperor a try, I keep getting more than 5 allies saved with him a lot, I usually spam his Thunder crest especially on other marksmen and switch to Beckoning blast if they were close to me.

some times Starfall also helps when I use it on the summoning core.

I’ve been consistently playing Sephiroth and I always struggle with allies saved so I had to switch to other characters and the Emperor helped the most! Almost getting the trophy gl!

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 11:13 PM, BASEL-_-KSA said:

If you are still struggling like me, give the Emperor a try, I keep getting more than 5 allies saved with him a lot, I usually spam his Thunder crest especially on other marksmen and switch to Beckoning blast if they were close to me.

some times Starfall also helps when I use it on the summoning core.

I’ve been consistently playing Sephiroth and I always struggle with allies saved so I had to switch to other characters and the Emperor helped the most! Almost getting the trophy gl!

^ This.

Tried with Y'Shtola and Ace as marksmen against bots but it seems I'm (still) not able to spray in the right way, so I tried to use the Emperor as suggested. Again, I couldn't do anything but a single ally save with Thunder Crest. I was about to give up when I tried spamming Beckoning Blast (:up: + :circle: while airborne): at the end of the match, I had 180 points in "ally saved" (so 15 allies saved). I have to retry and see if this works again but it was greatly beyond the goal so I think it's definitively doable.

EDIT: Done other 5 matches, I was never able to repeat that score but I've always reached 5-6 allies saved per match and that's fine to me! Hope this can help.

Edited by Sephiroth__92
Update
  • Like 3

• 11 months later...

I played more than 200 ranked matchs and I never did 60 points for saving allies. This trophy is so hard! I need a good method, please...

Update: Ok, I'm starting to use Ace and he's so good for the trophy. 80 points in my first try!

Edited by Angulus
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

This trophy took me a full day and a half of grinding using the MTU method, I wanted to help clarify some things:

- You don't need to win the match, this is good as you can just focus on the 5 interrupt attacks.

- I did this trophy at the start of online, so you can grind it out on Bronze without winning to avoid raising your rank if you're worried about the AI becoming better.

- Multiple times I manged to get 120 points and even 180 points, however, this only counted as one towards the 30 total needed for the trophy. A bit annoying.

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have tried Nocto, Lightning, Y'shtola, Emperor, but I still can't get this damn thing, better yet, I can get 60 points sometimes but its mostly luck based. I get always aggroed by those three mofos and when they aggro my party they attack few times, when they attack I get interrupted by someone else nearby. It seems it's done on purpose. Any more tips?

Spoiler

I'm out of blasphemies and curses to say too if you have any suggestions.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 10:32 AM, NaRayquaza said:

I have tried Nocto, Lightning, Y'shtola, Emperor, but I still can't get this damn thing, better yet, I can get 60 points sometimes but its mostly luck based. I get always aggroed by those three mofos and when they aggro my party they attack few times, when they attack I get interrupted by someone else nearby. It seems it's done on purpose. Any more tips?

Hide contents

I'm out of blasphemies and curses to say too if you have any suggestions.

I tried many characters as well it was beyond frustrating, to say the least...

I recommend trying Firion! Attack all enemies that are not targeting you (don't have a "blue/red line" attached to you), and utilizie his forward and back bravery attacks (grounded). The range of these attacks is insane and they are very fast. This worked very well for me.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,

This may be late but I wanted to leave my input on how I got this trophy, may help someone..

- focused first on finishing 300 wins since I only had 15 matches with 60 points

- the reason I decided this way was some fights I got 48 points so after dealing with 300 wins my objective was dragging the fight for a tie (this counts, as I got 30 ties and still received the trophy)

- decised to use Ace and stick with him, fast projectiles and good range

- mainly used his neutral but up+O works too

- prioritized marksman, some have slow startups (yuna, ultimecia..) which gives good chances of interrupting

- most players I fought did not attacked as I assumed, possibly they're aiming for this trophy so there's no much difference fighting players or COM

- Some suggestions I found were to use Vanguard but Ace was the character I did this and he wasn't my main either, average Allied Saved points were 55 

Hope this helps, using Ace i got 13 matches with 60+ (some fights I got 120) in one day.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I know noone has posted in here for a while but figured I'd give it a go as this trophy is a nightmare really.

I got my first 100 online wins and only 2 times did I get the 60 allies saved points totals. Fair enough as I was focussing on getting the A++ rank trophies. Those 2 instances of getting enough points were with characters who noone has even recommended for this trophy. (Can't remember who exactly)

Tried using the Emperor, first time I followed the advice I got 96 points! Couldn't get higher than 48 after that.

Switched to Ace, then Firion. No luck. 

So went back to a 'spam' type character and chose Y'shtola. First time, 96 points! Fantastic. Can't get anywhere near ever since with them again.

I don't know what to do. Not sure exactly with reading all the information here and elsewhere whether trying to up the MTU back to 1500 and play against real players would work out better or not. Seems like it would be hard to boost, but maybe not impossible?

I've appreciated all the tips I've read through this thread, but looking for any more if anyone has any. This trophy requirement is something that I understand what they were trying to encourage - teamwork, but it is implemented in an incorrect (imho) way.

EDIT - Managed to get a rhythm with Ace and am now up to 24 as of writing this. Still really hard and very erratic but found that his airbourne :up: + :circle: attack seemed to work the best. Much harder when you end up getting to the Gold levels though. Clearly there is a select amount of characters that are good for this and with most people there is one that you find works the best for you personally. Keep rotating through all the suggested characters and find that one for you!

Edited by The_Kopite
Updated information

• 4 weeks later...
On 25.6.2022 at 1:15 PM, The_Kopite said:

I know noone has posted in here for a while but figured I'd give it a go as this trophy is a nightmare really.

I got my first 100 online wins and only 2 times did I get the 60 allies saved points totals. Fair enough as I was focussing on getting the A++ rank trophies. Those 2 instances of getting enough points were with characters who noone has even recommended for this trophy. (Can't remember who exactly)

Tried using the Emperor, first time I followed the advice I got 96 points! Couldn't get higher than 48 after that.

Switched to Ace, then Firion. No luck. 

So went back to a 'spam' type character and chose Y'shtola. First time, 96 points! Fantastic. Can't get anywhere near ever since with them again.

I don't know what to do. Not sure exactly with reading all the information here and elsewhere whether trying to up the MTU back to 1500 and play against real players would work out better or not. Seems like it would be hard to boost, but maybe not impossible?

I've appreciated all the tips I've read through this thread, but looking for any more if anyone has any. This trophy requirement is something that I understand what they were trying to encourage - teamwork, but it is implemented in an incorrect (imho) way.

EDIT - Managed to get a rhythm with Ace and am now up to 24 as of writing this. Still really hard and very erratic but found that his airbourne :up: + :circle: attack seemed to work the best. Much harder when you end up getting to the Gold levels though. Clearly there is a select amount of characters that are good for this and with most people there is one that you find works the best for you personally. Keep rotating through all the suggested characters and find that one for you!

Bro i Love you 

thanks for the ace strategy 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I'm struggling with this as well. I got 5 of the 30 battles done so far.

What somewhat works for me is staying close to my allies with Y'shtola and spamming her neutral Bravery attack on the ground (the three rocks). But I literally do nothing else for the entire 5 minutes and hope for the best. I got 96 points (60 required) on my first try with this, will see if I can pull that off reliably or just got lucky. Before switching to Y'shtola and deciding not to win (because that's what this means), I got 3 of them with Emperor and one with Y'sthola by fighting normally at ~80 wins in ranked battles.

I always used the MTU method.

edit: Couldn't pull it off again with Y'shtola, got it once with Ace. If this keeps going and I have to cycle through all characters, it's alright as long as each character does it once, but that would be more expensive as I keep buying more characters. But I hope it works better with Ace.

edit: Ace is the way to go for me, got it 4 times in a row. I just spam his neutral Bravery attack (on the ground and airborne) and get it most of the time without even knowing what I'm doing aside of just changing targets frequently.

Edited by viech54

I recently got the trophy and will share my take on this too, as I struggled with it a bit as well. Eventually found my flow and managed to get it with using Y'shtola.

Definitely recommend using the MTU trick, since it does lower the odds of finding real players. Not saying you won't encounter any at all, but it does help.

My trick was to spam Y'shtola her ground combo the most and constantly switch targets. Often enough when dashing also used her airborne combo which launches the orb. It helped a few times, but the ground combo (shooting rocks) was more effective. Didn't focus on getting the win, mostly let my AI allies do that for me, if we won - it was an extra win then.

I will admit that it does depend on the map a lot. The less obstacles and buildings, the better. With this method, ended up doing a few hattricks for saving allies, my max being 4 matches back to back where I saved at least five.

• 10 months later...
On 1/31/2023 at 12:33 PM, Jorrex said:

I recently got the trophy and will share my take on this too, as I struggled with it a bit as well. Eventually found my flow and managed to get it with using Y'shtola.

Definitely recommend using the MTU trick, since it does lower the odds of finding real players. Not saying you won't encounter any at all, but it does help.

My trick was to spam Y'shtola her ground combo the most and constantly switch targets. Often enough when dashing also used her airborne combo which launches the orb. It helped a few times, but the ground combo (shooting rocks) was more effective. Didn't focus on getting the win, mostly let my AI allies do that for me, if we won - it was an extra win then.

I will admit that it does depend on the map a lot. The less obstacles and buildings, the better. With this method, ended up doing a few hattricks for saving allies, my max being 4 matches back to back where I saved at least five.

What rank were you? I'm on Bronze B and its hell. Neither my Teammates nor my Enemies try to attack they only retaliate when i attack messing up my Hp points