If it wasn't for assist mode, the platinum difficulty rating of this would've been a 10/10.

Crzy Minus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Long-Ryde said:

It opens up the opportunity for anyone to play through the extra stages. Someone who wants to experience the entirety of the content they paid for can now explore it to their hearts content with assist mode. Maybe someone likes the game and wants to take on the challenge but gets stuck on a level or two, no use putting the game down for that one if you still want a challenge and to experience the other levels that were put into the game that you spent your money on.

That's not the point, it's good that everyone can experience the whole game, what some of us don't agree with is giving those people trophies, this could be another sub 1% plat that some of us love to collect, instead it's a 24% plat.

Comparing to super meat boy, which even before coming to playstation was famous for being hard, if the hardest trophy was 'finish the game' there would be outrage too.

It's obvious you don't care about ultra rares and maybe that's why it seems you're missing the point, but the few people that collect ultra rare trophies really respect each other because they know how hard some games are, and finishing what could be a 9/10 plat legit and seeing other plat it with assist mode making it a 3/10 kinda takes away the feeling of acomplishment.

Also, didn't know about that glitch in bioshock, but with saves and knowing what you're doing survival isn't that bad.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, fixbane said:

up to c sides no assist, idk about 10/10 difficulty. would have been 10/10 if it required golden strawberries, which are essentially the "no death" runs from super meat boy (which is most definitely a 10/10 plat)

That is true actually, if not a 9/10 at best.

• Like 2

I mean, for me at least it feels like some of this optional content loses its entire point if you can assist mode past it? i've spent like 30 hours on this game and the time to plat is so much lower cause you can get by most of the game with assist and still get trophies. I'm still going for the plat (without assist) cause it is enjoyable to do but instead of this filling up my rare trophy list it's so far down and that's kinda sad you know? Getting rare trophies as decided by this site is pretty fun imo and that got removed from this game's trophies, which are much harder than probably 4/5 of the trophies that are "rarer" than it.

I don't really have a solution though, so it's whatever. I agree with arguments about people needing the assist mode still wanting to go through the challenges and be rewarded for it. sadly, people conceptually are going to want to take advantage of such a thing when it just comes down to increasing that plat number. oh well

On 2/12/2018 at 6:19 AM, Crzy Minus said:

Even if you choose to play without it, it can be. But the fact that it's just there reduces it to a 2/10 difficulty rating.

It's like turning God Mode on, and it doesn't even affect trophies. lmao

Btw I would've been fine if it didn't had it, I would've still gone my way to get it the real way like I've done with other games like this before.

I just find it really odd that why would such an option be available without any penalty relating to trophies.

How difficult do you consider Crash Bandicoot 1 100% to be? Or N++, nice that you got that one! :) 

Edited by MMDE

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wait... I can just cheese through this game's challenge mode with Assist and still get the platinum?

WHY HAVE I NEVER BOUGHT THIS GAME BY NOW!?!? ?

But serious, why did I not play this game yet? I'd love to see why this game has become a tournament-valid game for speedrunners. (Seriously, I saw it speedrun at Summer Games Done Quick 2018 in both the normal block and TAS-block.)

Edited by DragonQuest238

• 2 months later...

Wow. This is extremely disappointing. I just got to the C-Sides today and cleared half of them so far. Incredibly difficult. The platinum is going to be a huge success for me. But I was curious why the completion rate was so high for this game given it’s one of the hardest games I’ve ever played. Now it makes sense. Really sad that I’m getting the platinum the legitimate way with already 35 hours dedicated to it, yet people could’ve gotten the platinum in a few hours with assist mode. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 9:03 PM, MMDE said:

How difficult do you consider Crash Bandicoot 1 100% to be? Or N++, nice that you got that one! :) 

Crash 1 isn’t that difficult. Indie platformers such as Super Meat Boy or N++ are a lot harder than the Crash games. 

The Crash games are considered hard by the mainstream audience that has played them. 

I played a little bit of this game and I can safely say this game would of been a sub 1 percent platinum, 9 - 10 out of 10 difficulty game were it not for Assist Mode. Those later screens are no joke, the B and C - sides are absolutely ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Crash 1 isn’t that difficult. Indie platformers such as Super Meat Boy or N++ are a lot harder than the Crash games. 

The Crash games are considered hard by the mainstream audience that has played them. 

I played a little bit of this game and I can safely say this game would of been a sub 1 percent platinum, 9 - 10 out of 10 difficulty game were it not for Assist Mode. Those later screens are no joke, the B and C - sides are absolutely ridiculous. 

Crash 2 and 3 are pretty damn easy. Lol, did all the gold time trials in Crash 3 without the running shoes. :D Crash 1 is a bit more difficult.

Yeah, N++ and Fenix Furia is pretty difficult, but I kinda wanted a comparison of difficulty to those games and this one.

• Like 1

On 2018-05-02 at 0:03 AM, MMDE said:

Very sorry for the super late response, and it’s been kinda answered already. But here’s my take on it.

The Crash games are fine 3D platformer, not the easiest ones of them all but still fine. More easy for Crash 2 and 3 at least, Crash 1 is indeed more difficulty and might take more time for more casual players. I blame that dogshit bridge level the most.

N++ is far more difficult and much closer to Celeste in comparison. It seems very hard at first since the game has a lot of levels and the ones later on reach a very high spike in difficulty. I’d say N++ is much easier than Celeste (without Assist Mode obviously) since each level takes place on one screen. But of course it won’t be any easy at all.

Also the movement controls are more strict in N++ than in Celeste since there is no double jump and your moves feel heavier; at the same time I find the controls to be good since the gravity in your jumps leaves for more freedom to build speed momentum.

Edited by Crzy Minus

8 hours ago, Crzy Minus said:

Very sorry for the super late response, and it’s been kinda answered already. But here’s my take on it.

The Crash games are fine 3D platformer, not the easiest ones of them all but still fine. More easy for Crash 2 and 3 at least, Crash 1 is indeed more difficulty and might take more time for more casual players. I blame that dogshit bridge level the most.

N++ is far more difficult and much closer to Celeste in comparison. It seems very hard at first since the game has a lot of levels and the ones later on reach a very high spike in difficulty. I’d say N++ is much easier than Celeste (without Assist Mode obviously) since each level takes place on one screen. But of course it won’t be any easy at all.

Also the movement controls are more strict in N++ than in Celeste since there is no double jump and your moves feel heavier; at the same time I find the controls to be good since the gravity in your jumps leaves for more freedom to build speed momentum.

The Crash games have a dose of comedy which I always found amusing since Crash was the mascot that put Naughty Dog on the map back in the days of Playstation 1.

I have no problem with the remake Crash trilogy, but you can definitely skip that bridge level beyond initially completing it because of Stormy Ascent. Still a bit tough, took me three hours of trying over and over before I finally nailed it.

I definitely won't be buying and playing N++ until I have Super Meat Boy done, because I don't want to add too many games that may take me several months if not a year for me to get to.

There's some co-op trophies for N++ but I hear you can do them yourself with a second controller. We'll see.

7 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The Crash games have a dose of comedy which I always found amusing since Crash was the mascot that put Naughty Dog on the map back in the days of Playstation 1.

I have no problem with the remake Crash trilogy, but you can definitely skip that bridge level beyond initially completing it because of Stormy Ascent. Still a bit tough, took me three hours of trying over and over before I finally nailed it.

I definitely won't be buying and playing N++ until I have Super Meat Boy done, because I don't want to add too many games that may take me several months if not a year for me to get to.

There's some co-op trophies for N++ but I hear you can do them yourself with a second controller. We'll see.

I got the N++ co-op trophies with a friend through SharePlay, it was pretty fun.

1 hour ago, Crzy Minus said:

I got the N++ co-op trophies with a friend through SharePlay, it was pretty fun.

Yeah, I got those done through shareplay too, but I've completed a lot more when I had a someone at my place and we played it co op. :P And yeah, I love the game. You need to be into pure 2D platformers, but if you are, amazing and tight game with tons of content. No RNG etc.

@Spaz I'd recommend Fenix Furia too, though I hope you don't run into any of the glitched trophies issues. I wrote guide for both N++ and Fenix Furia btw. I'd also recommend RETSNOM, which is another game I've written a guide for, if you're at all into them being a bit "puzzle platformer" too. Why stop there? :P Oddworld: New n Tasty, Unmechanical, maybe even Apotheon. Those 3 have all been PS+ too.