Got a PS Vita (by accident) and I'm so stoked...

Justin__Harris

You will enjoy Uncharted Golden Abyss. Easily one of the best games on Vita, and the graphics are very good on a handheld console. 

The only bad thing about the game is grinding out the bounties, which will take some hours depending on how lucky you are with the drops. 

I may also recommend Killzone Mercenary and PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, if you haven’t already got that on the PS3. I haven’t played through the games but they’re definitely worth having.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You will enjoy Uncharted Golden Abyss. Easily one of the best games on Vita, and the graphics are very good on a handheld console. 

The only bad thing about the game is grinding out the bounties, which will take some hours depending on how lucky you are with the drops. 

I may also recommend Killzone Mercenary and PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, if you haven’t already got that on the PS3. I haven’t played through the games but they’re definitely worth having.

I agree with Spaz and as someone who completed those games I believe they are must haves. Some other games that are noteworthy -

*Unit 13

*Borderlands 2

*God of War collection

*Soul Sacrifice

*Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified

*Resistance: Burning Skies

*Batman: Black Gate

Some to avoid:

*Reality Fighters

*Silent Hill: Book of Memories 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bullstomp said:

I agree with Spaz and as someone who completed those games I believe they are must haves. Some other games that are noteworthy -

*Unit 13

*Borderlands 2

*God of War collection

*Soul Sacrifice

Some to avoid:

*Reality Fighters

I hear the co-op is easy in Unit 13 but I heard there is a certain trophy that gives people a lot of trouble.

Is it because of the multiplayer trophy in Reality Fighters?

• Like 1

Nice, have fun with the Vita. These are games I enjoyed a lot:

• Persona 4 Golden
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night
  • Tales of Hearts R
  • Demon Gaze
  • Ray Gigant
  • Mary Skelter Nightmares
  • Dragon's Crown (it plays better on the Vita due to the touch screen controls for runes and cooking)
  • Ys Memories of Celceta
  • Freedom Wars
  • God Eater Resurrection
  • Severed (this one really makes great use of the touch screen)
  • Muramasa Rebirth
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Justin__Harris said:

So all-in-all, I got a PS Vita, PSTV, 5 games, controller grip, and memory card for $45. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Congrats!

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK DEAL. Legendary!

I want to get a VITA and some games, I just don't want to pay $200+ for it.

Cheapssgamer (CAG) 4 LIFE ?

Edited by It Is Time To Oil Up
  • Like 2

Duuuuude, now that's some high level luck =D

11 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

*Unit 13

*Borderlands 2

*God of War collection

*Soul Sacrifice

Some to avoid:

*Reality Fighters

Excluding Soul Sacrifice, looks like list of all western games on Vita :awesome: 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, icameron625 said:

Now you can get that My Name is Mayo platinum twice. 

Lol. I think I'm going to keep my easiest trophy at 36 Fragments of Midnight. Although I heard they're making a Midnight Deluxe.

16 hours ago, Spaz said:

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to Golden Abyss. I love Bend Studios and I feel like this will be the closest I get to another Syphon Filter game. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was one of the games that came with it, and I've been slowly chipping away toward that Platinum. And I've also heard from several to checkout Killzone Mercenary, so I'll have to buy that eventually.

16 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

*Unit 13

*Borderlands 2

*God of War collection

*Soul Sacrifice

Some to avoid:

*Reality Fighters

Good to know. I heard that Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified's servers were shutting down soon, if they haven't already, so for completionist's sake, I probably will avoid that one. But Silent Hill: Book of Memories was one of the games that came with it. And of course, it sucks. Haha.

15 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, have fun with the Vita. These are games I enjoyed a lot:

• Persona 4 Golden
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night
  • Tales of Hearts R
  • Demon Gaze
  • Ray Gigant
  • Mary Skelter Nightmares
  • Dragon's Crown (it plays better on the Vita due to the touch screen controls for runes and cooking)
  • Ys Memories of Celceta
  • Freedom Wars
  • God Eater Resurrection
  • Severed (this one really makes great use of the touch screen)
  • Muramasa Rebirth
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

Sweet. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm definitely going to have to check out Ys Memories of Celceta.

16 hours ago, Mr_Skirra said:

That is so lucky, I wish I had that when I bought my Vita! Anyways, you deserve it :) Have fun with it! Dragon Ball: Battle of Z is one really worth getting for the Vita

Cool. I've never really been into DBZ, but my roommate plays Dokkan Bottle and FighterZ, so I'm learning more about it. I'll be sure to check this one out!

1 minute ago, Justin__Harris said:

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to Golden Abyss. I love Bend Studios and I feel like this will be the closest I get to another Syphon Filter game. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was one of the games that came with it, and I've been slowly chipping away toward that Platinum. And I've also heard from several to checkout Killzone Mercenary, so I'll have to buy that eventually.

How is the online on Playstation All Stars Battle Royale on the Vita?

I hope I don't have to seriously boost for those online trophies when I get around to the game.

2 minutes ago, Justin__Harris said:

Good to know. I heard that Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified's servers were shutting down soon, if they haven't already, so for completionist's sake, I probably will avoid that one. But Silent Hill: Book of Memories was one of the games that came with it. And of course, it sucks. Haha.

There are no online trophies for Black Ops Declassifed. But I generally hear it's a bad game with awful trophies, so you may want to avoid it.

• Like 1

If you liked ff tactics. Ogre battle tactics should right up your alley.

If you have ps plus you get grand kingdom this month.

Lost dimension is also a great tactics game with a very unique twist.

Darkest dungeon is a perfect match for the vita too.

• Like 1

That's some nice surprise for sure. I think you actually wouldn't be able to play Ucharted Golden Abyss without the Vita, and even if you force it to run on PSTV by unofficial methods, there are certain sections in the game where it requires Vita controls not supported by PSTV, therefore making it impossible to proceed.

• Like 1

I'm really surprised no one said Gravity Rush.  Unless you already have the remastered on PS4, I'd recommend this one.  I enjoyed it on Vita (and there weren't many, I barely turn mine on anymore, lol).  I don't believe there's any online content (or at least any that affect trophies), but you may want to check on that first.  I wasn't sure I'd like it going in, it's not really my style of game, but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Other than the God of War games on Vita, I haven't purchased anything for it.  Everything I played was free through PS+, and many on the lists above are included, so I won't rename anything that's already been said.  I will say that if you've been redeeming all the free games on PS+ this whole time, there's plenty of other titles you can play on your Vita.

• Like 1

I'm jelly on a whole different level man. Good for you. 

As said before, Motorstorm RC is really good. Wipeout 2048 is also a really good game. The online is going down soon though. At least the online is mostly combat rather than racing. I've recently started The Bridge, which is really good. Also, Runner2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien is really good. I can't wait to play the Persona games myself.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Justin__Harris said:

CoD: Black Ops Declassified has no online trophies, just FYI

• Like 1