Got a PS Vita (by accident) and I'm so stoked...

Justin__Harris

I recommend:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune  - those two games should be played together - Bend did somethin amazing, you have great Uncharted game which unlocks cards in fight for fortune. Fight for fortune is a great game, best for travel, great fanservice for Uncharted fans! It is really fun card game, very rewarding, and controlling it with a touchscreen is great! 100% recommend!

Resistance: Burning Skies  - if you like Resistance series, its ok game - campaign is not bad, graphics is ok.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - i know Most Wanted is also avaiable on PS3, but i think this game is more fun on Vita - totally recommend! Best racing game on system!

Killzone: Mercenary - great FPS, you can forget that it is a vita game. Graphics are great and multiplayer is amazing (and still full of people!). And last but not least - you can play it on PSTV if you want to change your experience :)

Tearaway - you have to play Tearaway if you have Vita - it utilizes all Vita features in amazing way and is great, cute game! You can't miss it!

Edited by Kristmas2
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 3:45 PM, Spaz said:

How is the online on Playstation All Stars Battle Royale on the Vita?

I hope I don't have to seriously boost for those online trophies when I get around to the game.

There are no online trophies for Black Ops Declassifed. But I generally hear it's a bad game with awful trophies, so you may want to avoid it.

14 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

CoD: Black Ops Declassified has no online trophies, just FYI

Not sure about the online mode yet. I think I have like five story mode trophies to get, then I'll take on online. I saw there was a boosting session last week, and the forums have stated that the people that play are really damn good, so depending on how I play against people (probably terrible), I'll probably have to grind it.

And that's cool about Black Ops Declassified not having a locked trophy system, but bad game? That's a bummer.

On 2/12/2018 at 3:51 PM, Sailar91 said:

World of FinalFantasy is a gem played on the Vita 

Awesome. That's on my list of games to buy eventually. Maybe I'll get it for Vita.

On 2/12/2018 at 3:54 PM, gazdavis11 said:

Motorstorm RC is a very good pick up and play and Severed is easily one of the best games on the vita, both very achievable platinums too

Cool. I'm pretty sure I have Severed from PS+. And I'll have to check out Motorstorm. I think it's only $5 or something.

On 2/12/2018 at 3:57 PM, Maitre said:

If you liked ff tactics. Ogre battle tactics should right up your alley.

If you have ps plus you get grand kingdom this month.

Lost dimension is also a great tactics game with a very unique twist.

Darkest dungeon is a perfect match for the vita too.

Awesome suggestions. I got Darkest Dungeon, so I'm looking forward to tackling that later this year. Those others are up my alley, so I'll check them out. Thanks!

On 2/12/2018 at 4:15 PM, Looukas said:

That's some nice surprise for sure. I think you actually wouldn't be able to play Ucharted Golden Abyss without the Vita, and even if you force it to run on PSTV by unofficial methods, there are certain sections in the game where it requires Vita controls not supported by PSTV, therefore making it impossible to proceed.

No, it's blacklisted for several parts of it with the camera or something along those lines. So that ultimately made it work out in that regard, but I truthfully was going for playing Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions on my TV legitimately without using an emulator or anything. I am going to hack the PSTV and whitelist it at some point though, because there are a fair amount of games that shouldn't be blocked that I own legitimately. I had to use the whitelist method just to get Metal Gear Solid for PSone to work. And there's no Crash Team Racing in America? That's some bullshit!

On 2/12/2018 at 4:16 PM, Matto_lsi said:

I'm really surprised no one said Gravity Rush.  Unless you already have the remastered on PS4, I'd recommend this one.  I enjoyed it on Vita (and there weren't many, I barely turn mine on anymore, lol).  I don't believe there's any online content (or at least any that affect trophies), but you may want to check on that first.  I wasn't sure I'd like it going in, it's not really my style of game, but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Other than the God of War games on Vita, I haven't purchased anything for it.  Everything I played was free through PS+, and many on the lists above are included, so I won't rename anything that's already been said.  I will say that if you've been redeeming all the free games on PS+ this whole time, there's plenty of other titles you can play on your Vita.

I do have the remastered one on PS4 that I haven't played yet. For the sake of OCD, I don't think I want to mix same games with separate trophy lists. Except for Limbo. I'll probably double trophy list that game. It's awesome. But games like Gravity Rush and Wipeout might be worth just saying fuck-all to the trophy list.

On 2/12/2018 at 4:27 PM, Phil said:

I'm jelly on a whole different level man. Good for you. 

As said before, Motorstorm RC is really good. Wipeout 2048 is also a really good game. The online is going down soon though. At least the online is mostly combat rather than racing. I've recently started The Bridge, which is really good. Also, Runner2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien is really good. I can't wait to play the Persona games myself.

Definitely will check these out. I was curious about The Bridge actually.

23 hours ago, Xxleonardo97xX said:

It's probably a stolen PS VITA.

Um... okay. Well even if it is, it's a shame they accidentally shipped it to me. The point of stealing things is to flip it for a profit. What terrible criminals they are, giving away their product for free. Although you could ideally say it was lost in the mail and file an insurance claim. That would totally work. Maybe they did that. Either way, I made an effort to return it, so I don't feel bad at all.

23 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Vita has a great library. Over 200+ quality games. If you have been adding those PS+ Vita offering, probably makes even more worthwhile.

Oh yeah, I add everything from PS+ because they're free games. So I don't understand why one wouldn't?

22 hours ago, skateak said:

Wow. Nice score man. Some karma repayment from something in your past.

I was going to say that you're probably right. But I ordered a NEW Collector's Edition of Doom for PS4 from GameStop and it arrive damaged and opened. They're making it a real hassle to get it replaced too. So I mean, I guess this is karma? I get a PS Vita for free, but getting Doom CE legitimately is going to be a pain in the ass? Lol. Life, right?

22 hours ago, chellesan said:

Grats on your free vita, I recommend persona 4 one of the best games on vita

Thanks. And cool, a lot of people swear by Persona 4. I've never played a Persona games. Looks awesome, and I figure it is since it's regarded so highly as such.

22 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

Congrats on your vita. If you don't mind visual novels with puzzle elements, try out the Nonary Games collection (Zero Escape series).

I do like visual novels, so I will definitely check these out. Thanks!

14 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Awesome, if you like it, be sure to get Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana too, as that one is a huge improvement over MoC.

Yeah, I started to gander into top lists and these two always make the cut. Really excited to get around to those in awhile.

13 hours ago, Kristmas2 said:

I recommend:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune  - those two games should be played together - Bend did somethin amazing, you have great Uncharted game which unlocks cards in fight for fortune. Fight for fortune is a great game, best for travel, great fanservice for Uncharted fans! It is really fun card game, very rewarding, and controlling it with a touchscreen is great! 100% recommend!

Resistance: Burning Skies  - if you like Resistance series, its ok game - campaign is not bad, graphics is ok.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - i know Most Wanted is also avaiable on PS3, but i think this game is more fun on Vita - totally recommend! Best racing game on system!

Killzone: Mercenary - great FPS, you can forget that it is a vita game. Graphics are great and multiplayer is amazing (and still full of people!). And last but not least - you can play it on PSTV if you want to change your experience :)

Tearaway - you have to play Tearaway if you have Vita - it utilizes all Vita features in amazing way and is great, cute game! You can't miss it!

Awesome. Got Golden Abyss, and I'll get Fight for Fortune when I start playing it. Killzone and Resistance come highly recommended, so I'll probably get those. Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Tearaway were games included with it. So that's good to know. Except Silent Hill: Book of Memories, all my games are pretty decent.

• Like 3