Speed King trophy

Eyjabria

So, I started doing Hard time attacks (started New Game+ on Hard after one playthrough on Normal difficulty). The wording of the trophy description "Obtain All Time Attack Items Together as One Set" raised some concerns. Kind of sounds like there's a certain way that you need to obtain the items all at once.

Is there something I can do wrong and miss the trophy? At what point should I pick up the items that apparently appeared in the fountain? Do they carry over to the next New Game+ and I can collect them after I've cleared both Hard and Normal time attacks?

EDIT: See my post below to find out how I obtained the Speed King trophy.

Edited by Eyjabria
Updated original post to include the method how I obtained the trophy.

46 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

So, I started doing Hard time attacks (started New Game+ on Hard after one playthrough on Normal difficulty). The wording of the trophy description "Obtain All Time Attack Items Together as One Set" raised some concerns. Kind of sounds like there's a certain way that you need to obtain the items all at once.

Is there something I can do wrong and miss the trophy? At what point should I pick up the items that apparently appeared in the fountain? Do they carry over to the next New Game+ and I can collect them after I've cleared both Hard and Normal time attacks?

Don’t worry. There’s no special way to get the trophy. Just complete the time attacks, pick up the items and you’ll get it. Done it yesterday. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

Don’t worry. There’s no special way to get the trophy. Just complete the time attacks, pick up the items and you’ll get it. Done it yesterday. 

Ok, thank you. You completed Normal and Hard time attacks in different playthroughs and the items carried over to New Game+?

5 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Ok, thank you. You completed Normal and Hard time attacks in different playthroughs and the items carried over to New Game+?

So don't ever use New Game, always use NG+. Remember to start every NG+ by choosing to save over your most recent save. That way you start with everything you've gotten previously (all time attack items and your health and stamina bars). just popped the platinum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, linkdevivo said:

So don't ever use New Game, always use NG+. Remember to start every NG+ by choosing to save over your most recent save. That way you start with everything you've gotten previously (all time attack items and your health and stamina bars). just popped the platinum.

Thanks for the reminder. Good to hear the items carry over normally. If I need to do the Hard time attacks again I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. Took down the first 4 and I was cursing quite a bit. At times Wander decided he can't climb (controls have been a bit erratic) and sometimes it took 2+ minutes only to get a colossus perform a move that allows me to get up. >_>

Also grats for the plat!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Thanks for the reminder. Good to hear the items carry over normally. If I need to do the Hard time attacks again I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. Took down the first 4 and I was cursing quite a bit. At times Wander decided he can't climb (controls have been a bit erratic) and sometimes it took 2+ minutes only to get a colossus perform a move that allows me to get up. >_>

Also grats for the plat!

I know how you feel man. But i found that once you do the first 5, it's all downhill from there. The controls ARE a bit erratic. You will be cursing all through time attack on hard lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I can really use some help on this trophy.  I've actually finished both Hard and Normal attack times three times, but have not been able to get the trophy to fire.  My guess is I'm doing something wrong with save files.  I've tried three different variations.  But, here's my latest approach:

I finished the game in hard mode.  Created an NG+ on hard by loading the original game and finished the attacks.  Created a manual save of the hard NG+ and have the 8 hard items in the pool.  Signed out of that game and created an NG+ on normal by loading the NG+ hard mode I just finished.  Finished the normal attacks and have the 8 normal items in the pool.  No trophy.  I tried grabbing the 8 normal items in that normal NG+ and leaving that game.  Then, immediately collecting the 8 hard items in the hard NG+ game.  No trophy.

Any help on what I'm doing wrong?  Thank you!

1 hour ago, antiroach said:

I can really use some help on this trophy.  I've actually finished both Hard and Normal attack times three times, but have not been able to get the trophy to fire.  My guess is I'm doing something wrong with save files.  I've tried three different variations.  But, here's my latest approach:

I finished the game in hard mode.  Created an NG+ on hard by loading the original game and finished the attacks.  Created a manual save of the hard NG+ and have the 8 hard items in the pool.  Signed out of that game and created an NG+ on normal by loading the NG+ hard mode I just finished.  Finished the normal attacks and have the 8 normal items in the pool.  No trophy.  I tried grabbing the 8 normal items in that normal NG+ and leaving that game.  Then, immediately collecting the 8 hard items in the hard NG+ game.  No trophy.

That's very odd...

What i did to get the trophy was to play on normal and finish the game (since it was my first time ever playing this game)--> New game+ on normal with same save for NTA--> finish NTA--> start New game+ on hard for HTA-->finish these...

And trophy popped up.

But i don't see how the trophy won't pop for you, i mean... you have all time attack items.

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

That's very odd...

What i did to get the trophy was to play on normal and finish the game (since it was my first time ever playing this game)--> New game+ on normal with same save for NTA--> finish NTA--> start New game+ on hard for HTA-->finish these...

And trophy popped up.

But i don't see how the trophy won't pop for you, i mean... you have all time attack items.

Thanks.  That is odd.

I've read elsewhere that order doesn't matter, but that seems to be the only difference between our approaches.  I guess I'll wipe all game data and try to do it with normal time attacks first.

The way to go is:

- normal

- newgame(normal) - makes the games ng+

- start normal time attack

- start new game(hard) - makes ng++

do hard time attacks

**trophy pops for all time attack items**

start new game(hard) - ng+++

speedrun the game with queens sword

Now just continue running every run with newgame +++(+++ and so on) untill max stamina and hp

• Like 1

23 hours ago, antiroach said:

It sounds like your time attack items are in different save files. Make sure you have the first set of 8 items in your inventory when you go pick up the other set of 8 items.

I just got this trophy. Had to find out the correct way to obtain it via trial and error because it was unclear when you can pick up the items. This is how it unlocked for me:

1. First normal playthrough on Normal difficulty.

2. Started a New Game+ on Hard difficulty, selecting the first playthrough's save file.

3. Completed Time attacks in New Game+ Hard.

4. Killed 15 colossi in my New Game+ Hard.

5. Picked up all 8 Time attack items from the pool.

6. Killed the 16th colossus in New Game+ Hard, completing the playthrough.

7. Started a New Game+ on Normal difficulty, selecting the New Game+ Hard playthrough's save file. You can now check your inventory to make sure you have the Time attack items with you before proceeding.

8. Completed Time attacks in New Game+ Normal.

9. Picked up all 8 Time attack items from the pool. This is when the Speed King trophy popped.

It is important to pick up the items from the pool before moving to New Game+, otherwise they will vanish and won't carry over to New Game+! I found this out the hard way, but luckily I was prepared with multiple manual save files. I recommend making two or three manual saves before proceeding to New Game+ just in case something goes wrong.

Good luck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

It sounds like your time attack items are in different save files. Make sure you have the first set of 8 items in your inventory when you go pick up the other set of 8 items.

I just got this trophy. Had to find out the correct way to obtain it via trial and error because it was unclear when you can pick up the items. This is how it unlocked for me:

1. First normal playthrough on Normal difficulty.

2. Started a New Game+ on Hard difficulty, selecting the first playthrough's save file.

3. Completed Time attacks in New Game+ Hard.

4. Killed 15 colossi in my New Game+ Hard.

5. Picked up all 8 Time attack items from the pool.

6. Killed the 16th colossus in New Game+ Hard, completing the playthrough.

7. Started a New Game+ on Normal difficulty, selecting the New Game+ Hard playthrough's save file. You can now check your inventory to make sure you have the Time attack items with you before proceeding.

8. Completed Time attacks in New Game+ Normal.

9. Picked up all 8 Time attack items from the pool. This is when the Speed King trophy popped.

It is important to pick up the items from the pool before moving to New Game+, otherwise they will vanish and won't carry over to New Game+! I found this out the hard way, but luckily I was prepared with multiple manual save files. I recommend making two or three manual saves before proceeding to New Game+ just in case something goes wrong.

Good luck!

Thanks for the help all!

I'm following each step here.  One question right at the top.  I finished the first playthrough on  Normal and have created the NG+ Hard.  Once I did so, the original save went from All Collossi Defeated - Normal to 0 Defeated - Normal+(1).  So did the extra save I created of the first playthrough.  Is that an issue?  Seems like a big deal to me, but not sure.

35 minutes ago, antiroach said:

Thanks for the help all!

I'm following each step here.  One question right at the top.  I finished the first playthrough on  Normal and have created the NG+ Hard.  Once I did so, the original save went from All Collossi Defeated - Normal to 0 Defeated - Normal+(1).  So did the extra save I created of the first playthrough.  Is that an issue?  Seems like a big deal to me, but not sure.

Its because the playthrough you finished on Normal is now in New Game + itself, hence why its 'reset' to 0 Killed. Its still the same save file, nothing wrong with it at all :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, antiroach said:

Thanks for the help all!

The colossi defeated count resets for the new playthrough like @AlexJones_Bankai said.

But if you started a New Game+ and selected Hard difficulty, your new save file should read "0 Defeated - Hard+(1)" at least when checking the "Manual Save" menu.
I think the number in parenthesis means the amount of playthroughs done in the particular save file. Currently I'm on my second New Game+ which I started at Normal difficulty and my save file says "6 defeated - Normal+(2)".

• Like 1

On 2/24/2018 at 2:58 PM, Eyjabria said:

The colossi defeated count resets for the new playthrough like @AlexJones_Bankai said.

But if you started a New Game+ and selected Hard difficulty, your new save file should read "0 Defeated - Hard+(1)" at least when checking the "Manual Save" menu.
I think the number in parenthesis means the amount of playthroughs done in the particular save file. Currently I'm on my second New Game+ which I started at Normal difficulty and my save file says "6 defeated - Normal+(2)".

Update:  @Eyjabria I followed your steps and the trophy popped at the exact moment you said.  So, my fourth try was a success.  Thank you very much!

• Like 1

here's how I did it

- New Game+ Normal, did all of the time attacks.

- Quit

- New Game+ Hard, did all of the time attacks

when asked to load a save file, choose the most recent one (the same file as the normal time attacks btw)

Edited by TalalHmd