How to Defeat a Tempered Kirin Solo

GamingWithAbyss1

Not to be a stick in the mud but Kirin has been around since MH1. Did we have videos then? Not much. It's MH, PRACTICE, patience, and studying the enemy is the core mechanic of the game. If you need a walk through hand in hand video for Large Beasts or Elder Dragons, then maybe MH isn't for you. 

Kudos on Solo tempered Kirin slay though, but unless your new to Mah this is just another notch in a MH vets belt.

Edit: Disregard above. Im just an asshole today. MHW is one of the first exposures for TONS due to lack of console availability. So being first for many and Kirin being an Elder Dragon its very likely to prove troubling for first timers. Its a helpful video!

Edited by LordNEET
Was an asshole.

I had problems first because he has some very hard hitting attacks. Best way for gear is to farm HR Kirin (way easier than the tempered one) and build his gear. it has 40 thunder resi . put some para resi on it and you dont get paralyzed. Now do side mission to obtain the thunderproofed mantle. Use it everytime cd is ready , and than you are golden .

37 minutes ago, LordNEET said:

Not to be a stick in the mud but Kirin has been around since MH1. Did we have videos then? Not much. It's MH, PRACTICE, patience, and studying the enemy is the core mechanic of the game. If you need a walk through hand in hand video for Large Beasts or Elder Dragons, then maybe MH isn't for you. 

Kudos on Solo tempered Kirin slay though, but unless your new to Mah this is just another notch in a MH vets belt.

I think a guide like this is a great thing to have, regardless of what the standard for MH veterans may be. Monster Hunter: World is the most popular and widespread game in the series by far, so total beginners might find some comfort in having some kind of video guide for something they might be struggling with. I do agree that above all else, practice and patience is what makes a player good at this game, but something like this can't hurt.

• Like 2

I was in your boat where trying this with random people resulted in failure... people would constantly be dying -_- I also ended up needing to solo it but with 3 thunder decorations, 2 gobblers, and 3 anti-paralysis decorations it was a breeze (except for 1 death because he got a lucky combo on me ;P). Solo is easier imo, it's easier to mount and know where the monster is going to be... it's just not as fun c(:

• Like 1

The easier way is to get a fire bow and spam rapid shots at its head at close to medium range. The only thing you need to check for is when you suspect it is casting lightning, to stop aiming to be able to see the ground you are standing on. Sleep bombing unfortunately is dead: It isn't the same as it used to be due to the sleep first hit being nerfed from previous games from triple to double damage. Unless you run an extreme GS crit draw build (adrenaline 2+, etc) with some sleep orientated gunners, it just isnt worth doing over other methods. (SnS and DB also good picks)

8 hours ago, Pixel said:

The easier way is to get a fire bow and spam rapid shots at its head at close to medium range. The only thing you need to check for is when you suspect it is casting lightning, to stop aiming to be able to see the ground you are standing on. Sleep bombing unfortunately is dead: It isn't the same as it used to be due to the sleep first hit being nerfed from previous games from triple to double damage. Unless you run an extreme GS crit draw build (adrenaline 2+, etc) with some sleep orientated gunners, it just isnt worth doing over other methods. (SnS and DB also good picks)

I heard the rapid shots were the next best thing for LBG. I still need to test it out.

I wasn't a fan of lbg when i ran it solo: you would want a rapid fire gun for normal 2 or flaming but there just isn't enough openings to get headshots to hit every shot - which you would need to to outpace the bow in terms of dps, imo.

I defeat him on my second try by my blast long sword 

i used vitality + thunder resistance mantle along side with Stun Charm 3 and 3 paralysis jewel and you will be fine as long as you don't get lighting strike twice in a row

Edited by dark69knight

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, DarkestBOO said:

Looks like I'm gonna have to try this solo after reading people's posts here.  Randoms are not working out, I can clearly see some don't even have thunder mantle on while going for this.   :-/

A little practice at it solo, will save you the headaches from trying this with randoms

• Like 1

Here is my equipment I did the quest with. full set of Xeno Jiiva armor for me and my cat. Cat equipped with vaal hazak blade and plunder blade and I was equipped with shattercast (heavy bow gun) in which I primarily used sticky ammo, slicing ammo, and wyvern fire. It took me 40 minutes but I did it solo.

10 hours ago, wackt1 said:

Here is my equipment I did the quest with. full set of Xeno Jiiva armor for me and my cat. Cat equipped with vaal hazak blade and plunder blade and I was equipped with shattercast (heavy bow gun) in which I primarily used sticky ammo, slicing ammo, and wyvern fire. It took me 40 minutes but I did it solo.

I have a Heavy Bowgun build where I'm a complete tank. I can block almost anything. 2 Diablos, 3 Uragaan and 3 Sheild Mods. But it takes forever to solo monsters lol 

2 hours ago, A_B_Y_S_S_1 said:

I have a Heavy Bowgun build where I'm a complete tank. I can block almost anything. 2 Diablos, 3 Uragaan and 3 Sheild Mods. But it takes forever to solo monsters lol 

You'll need that for Tempered Kirin plus high thunder resistance. It does a lot of damage and you'll need to tank it's electric strip attacks if you get caught in one. 

Kirin has always been tough for me.  But this tempered one gave me even more hard time.  I pretty much spent all day from 11 til 4 to finally defeat it.  I had to upgrade that fire bow with rathalo parts and just shot its head while dodging.  it was a tough fight but I managed to finish after so many tries.  yay me.  :-D